Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

!!!HELP ME WITH MY SHOCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Dr.Weasel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!HELP ME WITH MY SHOCKS!!!

I have always hated my shocks and i didnt even do them right when i first got my savageSS. (first hobby truck). I'm trying to do a shock rebuild now and i was wondering what is the best way to do it. I have got all new o-rings, new shock oil, new triple rate springs and shock socks.
but i dont know how to fill the shocks right and the SS instuctions dont have any words. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Doc.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
Dr.Weasel

Default RE: !!!HELP ME WITH MY SHOCKS!!!

COME ON SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Doc.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:07 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

build the shock pin. build and install the seal for the bottom of the shock body. put the shock pin through the hole in the shock body. fill the shock body with oil to the top. push the pin up and down a couple times. then refill the shock untill the oil is at the top again. then put the shock body cap on and your done!
Old 07-13-2004, 05:12 PM
ThermalRD

Wrong...Dont fill the shock oil to the top, you'll blow a cap like that. Leave 3mm at the top. Pump them to remove air, fill some more if needed. If you fill your shocks to the top, try pressing the shaft in, you'll notice they wont go up all the way, and they rebound ALOT. You'll A) bend the hell outta your shafts, and B) blow shock caps.

Matt
ORIGINAL: lax195

build the shock pin. build and install the seal for the bottom of the shock body. put the shock pin through the hole in the shock body. fill the shock body with oil to the top. push the pin up and down a couple times. then refill the shock untill the oil is at the top again. then put the shock body cap on and your done!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:15 PM
Spudnik

good point
Old 07-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Burna Tire

also be sure to really lube the o-rings & the shaft before sliding it in the shock body so you dont tear the o-rings and have a leak.

Burn
Old 07-14-2004, 01:43 AM
Dr.Weasel

How are the shocks supposted to feel when you are done with the shock oil (springs not put on yet). Are the shock shafts supposed to rebound at all from just the shock oil or is it not supposed to rebound until you put the springs on??? Thats basiclly what i'm trying to find out. Without the springs are the shocks supposed to progresivly get harder to push in. Because when i did my shocks last time i made them so the springs were the only thing that would rebound the shocks but i couldnt get the air bubbles out without the oil getting harder and harder to push in???????
???????I'M SO CONFUSED????????????
The Doc.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:08 AM
ThermalRD

Weasel, if assembled properly you should have almost no rebound without a spring on that shock.

Matt