RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GENESIS REVIEW CONTINUES

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 06:56 PM
Probe
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GENESIS REVIEW CONTINUES

Please do not post anything not related to the Cen Genesis truck.
Please post your reviews and updates about these trucks here since the other thread was locked!
Thanks!

If you have any questions about anything I've posted or just want to drop a few lines email me at:
[email protected]
Old 07-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: GENESIS REVIEW CONTINUES

So, this is your solution? Reregistering to avoid the moderation that you deserve?

Dude, I have had NOTHING but a bad experience with you involving some unneccesary IM's, and you are just
a firestarter. I feel bad for the other guys and their Genesis experience, but in your case, well Karma is a mo-fo.

Anyways-

The patch fix DIY kits are a less then stalwart attempt at saving probably one of the worst initial releases I have
ever seen in ANY market. Cen is trying to do as little as possible to put out a fire that is burning on a wide front.

They are fishing for the minimum amount of money and effort it will take to make you guys happy, because
a factory recall will probably kill the company right now and they know it.

Guys, don't touch your trucks. Send them back in. CEN is trying to reach plea bargain with you right now. Never
ACCEPT the first offer. If enough users stand up, and force CEN to redecide their 'patch fix' offer, they will be
forced to make you a better offer- in this case, full repairs or a new truck.

Don't accept it. Time to stand up.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Probe
Banned

Dale,
I agree with you that they are trying to take the cheapest way out but a new truck would probably mean new similar problems. They told me that the warranty period will be extended for the first batch. If anything else goes wrong they will have to deal with it. Personally I want the truck to work so I'll take the care pack and if it poops out again I will buzz them again untill it's all fixed. Belive me I won't buy another product from them unless it is proven to be what they advertise it to be.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:34 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

i dont want a company to have problems over this but i think some information like how long the extension on warranty is and id like to see where to send my truck and if so will they fix it all and set up 3rd gear even.I understand they hate it as much as us but the care package needs to be perfect to where i dont have to go buy anything or look anything up directions included.I can only hope.hopefully in the days to come all this will be told.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:48 PM
wolfie104

i think anyone that is unhappy with their genesis should stop complaining and just sell it to me for about 300 bucks
Old 07-13-2004, 08:05 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

Just so you know.. the reason was locked because it was spiraling out of control.

As a person, I will say this.. You take a chance when you want to be the first to want something. YOU ASKED FOR IT. EVERY PRODUCT on the market goes through this.

The GMC sonoma had gas tanks that explode when rear ended even lightly.. My uncle's BMW stalled on the road while he was driving home from the dealership (NEW).

$600 is SMALL considering the grand scale of things.. LIFE GOES ON...

For all that are pissed: I HAVE BEEN where you are.. I have lost enough money to know the pain.

Go get what you deserve. I'm not asking you to back down. But dont let it get into your mind and destroy you or other's respect for you. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Uploading a thousands posts defaming the product and its manufacturor wont do you much good. They dont exactly care for ONE customer.. its not worth it financially. Theyre in business to make money. NOT to make you happy!!

Disagree with me if you will, but me and the other mods are only trying to help you guys out and do whats best for RCU.

Cheers
Ram
Old 07-13-2004, 08:10 PM
tomandemmy

i agree with ya theres a whole lot more important things than rc problems but i think getting what we deserve is gonna take a group effort here.i mean im gonna get a care package that has in it what i should of gotten the first time.throw a dog a bone here and see how people get happy. my 02 i still wanna drive the crap out of this truck and if all the fixes work i will.i wish no ill will toward anyone but people do file suits for less.i want this to succeed in every shape i mean hey im invested in the truck.Thanks for your input everyone.Post here what would make you happy other than the care package?maybe they can help us out here.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Probe
Banned

Another 60 day warranty from the date I recieve the care package. Thats what will make me happy. Just because The GMC Sonoma wqas another Ford Pinto doesn't mean that I will take the crap from CEN. They better care about a customer because I have the power to complain to others and advise others not to buy their products. Magazines have articles where anyone can submit. If they want to not care about me for example I will spend lots of time making sure as many people will know how well I was taken care of by Cen or any other company that fails to provide what was right.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
tomandemmy

also if they do the right thing and take care of us.we need to spread that also.
Old 07-14-2004, 06:15 AM
RC Collector

Buggies, have to disagree.

Let's say you just bought the latest HD TV, took it home and switched it on, only to find you couldn't get all the channels, the TV controls didn't work properly and it started making funny noises ... I'm pretty sure you wouldn't chalk it up to "First Release" experience, put the TV in the garage and forget the whole thing.

You'd call the manufacturer, and they tell you Yes, that TV model has a bunch of problems, and they'll fix it by sending you a bunch of diodes, capacitors, chips etc. All you have to do is take apart the TV and install them yourself!

I don't think so .. you'd take that thing back to where you bought it and get a refund!

The Genesis is no different to that TV. First batch or not, it was sold by CEN as a working, defect-free item and the consumer has rights if that isn't the case. 1/1 scale cars are covered by the "Lemon Law", and RC modelers are entitled to the same benefits.

There's no excuse for the commercial sale of sub-standard products - in this case, it means the Genesis is not much fun to drive. In other cases, kids choke and die on small parts that break off toys, VCR's start house fires that kill whole families, cars overturn and destroy lives. The underlying cause is the same - poor product management.

RCU should play a role when it comes to promoting discussion in cases where obviously defective products are being sold. "Price" is relative - what $600 is to a younger person might equate to $6,000 for you, from a wealth-based perspective.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:01 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

i have posted this in genesis announcement far from good topic but i think it belongs here so, her it is...

What up all,
I finally have been able to run a tank through the genesis and able to hit 3rd gear but not all the time.
after the tank i went home to inspected and no damage YEAH, also I noticed that the screw that secures the carb to the engine was very loose and fuel was all over the place so i assume that it will be a little better (no leaks) and the engine will wind out more next time out maybe i'll hit 3rd more!!!
i can't wait for the care package b/c when this truck did hit 3rd gear it was movin...

Also CEN-

Will this care package include the diff fluid??? Since these diffs in the genesis are 3 fluid filled diffs..
Old 07-14-2004, 08:44 AM
fourwheeler

I am left to wonder if those of you that own the truck ( I haven't bought one . . . yet ) do accept the care package and install it yourself, will there later be an issue with the company trying to say things like " well it appears to us the diffs were not reassembled properly therefore we cannot cover it under warranty". I have seen simalar instances of this in the past with 1/1 car parts and I can see alot of people getting upset by the same means.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:52 AM
SmellinNitro

Not saying anyone should accept the faults of a first release product, but in the case of a "hobby" item is it so strange for the company to offer "upgrade" parts? HPI did it with the Savage, that was a ready to run vehicle, XTM did it with the X-factor, another RTR vehicle. I could see why CEN being a smaller company would err on the side of lesser cost, the possiblity of having a mass re-call, replacing vehicles could drive them out of business, is that what everyone wants, nope, I think everyone wants a functioning truck......... Putting them out of business isn't going to get people that.....
Old 07-14-2004, 08:58 AM
ace@

i would prefur a new "QC" truck. If cen would replace the first batch truck that people already own and have been trying to run, with a "QC" truck i would fedex them my truck in a minute and give them my fedex account # to overnight me a "QC" truck back. They should give first batch owners new QC trucks. They offer to rebuild them for you so why not give us the new ones that are already QCed and just rebuild the messed up trucks as people send them in instead of care packages and they don't have to worry about everyone just getting one care package and getting ripped off. That way nobody looses out and most importantly cen looks good to the customers!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
radamansx12
My Feedback: (13)

I hear someone over at wildhobbies hit 3rd!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ace@

i would prefur a new "QC" truck. If cen would replace the first batch truck that people already own and have been trying to run, with a "QC" truck i would fedex them my truck in a minute and give them my fedex account # to overnight me a "QC" truck back. They should give first batch owners new QC trucks.
Have you guys tried to call and see if they'd trade in a First batch "BAD QC" for a second "QC'ed" truck? You might be shocked. Any good company will support its customers, and I do not think that is asking too much at all. Worth a few minute phone call...Be calm though...they know they messed up.

Again a 1/1 car example. Go buy say a Hummer (not that crappy H2 thing)...You get it home and begin to drive it and find it only has 2wd, missing a 2 windows, and the computer to run the engine is actually from say a Chevy Aveo. Obviously Hummer would never send you a box of parts and say "Have fun, we screwed up, but fixing things for you...well uhhh that would hurt our monetary position."

When CEN gave their selling price to Hobby Stores obviously they should have priced in Scrap Rates, QC costs, warranty support, and of course quality customer service professionals. Sure that means a Genesis may go from $539 to $541 (probably not even that high a price increase to end users), but imagine the happy owners then rushing to buy other CEN products.

I do feel bad for CEN though...this is going to hurt them either way. Best case 40% of the people waiting still buy the truck. Worse case...well not many more get sold...(Hot Bodies Dirt Demon). Also CEN shoots themselves in the foot for bad availability of parts...where can you buy them? If CEN could get into say Tower or HobbyPeople things would be much smoother and make then truck more accepted.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:32 AM
creyc

How many trucks are we talking about in this first batch. A few hundred? A few thousand?

I don't think it is too large a number for CEN to fix them all, it is their responsibility. The entire truck does not need to be replaced, what's wrong with the shocks? The chassis? The tires? Just fix the parts where the trouble exists. They might need to hire some part time employees who are good at working on RC trucks but that's a small price to pay to prevent their brand name from going to the toilet.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:27 AM
tomandemmy

I'm hoping for a CEN update on where to send my truck so they can fix it.Ive waited this long whats a little more wait.I also want third gear adjusted.I would like a accurate time frame though on how long it will take to get my truck back.The Cen guys have been replying here daily so I'm sure something will get answered.I'm also gonna post in Cen support area.I posted this in CEN support area i suggest you ask there also.......
First i would like to ask the possibility of just getting a new improved truck.The others have asked in the other section im asking here.I also would like a update for those of us who need you to fix our truck (where to send the truck who to attention it to)Also time frame for getting it back.Thanks for your help im sure yall are working hard to do the right thing.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:28 AM
ace@

See nothing is wrong with the other parts but i bought a rtr truck not a rtf (ready to fix). if i want to build a truck or rebuild a truck i would have bought a savage ss or rebuilt one of my other trucks. i bought this truck to use and i have not really been able to do that. Now i have to spend even more time tearing this truck completely down b/c the diffs are in there or wait 2 week for them to fix it. Even if i except that it's not going to be available till July 25. if they send a new truck on the 25 i can just take it out of the box do the break in again and drive, not have to tear it apart and put it back together, i work 2 job and barley have time to drive it let alone constant repair. So to make it rite they should just replace the old truck and been done with it! Salvage any good parts off the old ones that come back and that will help with cost. i agree with binaryterror that's not asking to much. Those of us who have a !QUOT! first batch truck!QUOT! should all stick together on this and get what we paid for a
rtr not a RTF.

binaryterror,

I have called them and they will not send a new truck just a care package or send it to them to fix.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Probe
Banned

I agree with you guys but like someone here said... since the truck can be repaired to a perfect condition why get a whole new truck? They are basically replacing all the moving parts plus 2 servos. The shocks and chassis is great!
The only thing I don't like at this point is that the engine seems to poop out due to a blown bearing. I haven't had the chance to run it more than 1 gallon and 2 tanks because the diffs fell apart. I would like to get it fixed and make use of the extended waranty period to actaully play and if the engine breaks or anything else breaks they will take care of it I'm sure.

They did take a hit and the only way to stay above the water is to satisfy as many customers as posible. In my case I didn't think to be more dificult and ask for a brand new truck so I sent in the reciept and failsafe. Others may choose to debate the care package.
As far as the having to take it apart goes... Yes it's an inconvenience by if you want something done right.. do it yourself! I think it would be a bigger inconvenience wo ship it to them and wait a week and then get it back possibly to realize something doens't work right or wasn't installed right or what not.

I chose to do the repair myself.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Gulliver Foyle

The GMC Sonoma had a gas tank that would explode on side impact, if helped along with a small detonation charge like they did on 60 minutes. GM successfully sued ABC for this flagrant obfuscation of actual facts regarding the safety of their product. Moot point about the truck. I used to tow for various dealerships in my area, and have personally witnessed a brand new Honda Civic burst into flames, with 27 miles on the odometer, on the way home from the dealer. Do you think this lady said, "in the scheme of things it's no big deal?". She got her pick of ANY car on the lot, no questions asked, I was there, I SAW it happen. Again, pick any durable good you choose and apply your logic to, it does not work. Maybe you are too young to understand yet, Imagine you buy a new clothes washer, you use it for a week and the transmission goes bad. Would normal people say "gee, I have to buy a new washer?" or "The stock transmission on these stink, we need an aftermarket one" I don't think so. Again, from experience on the business end, that customer will either get it fixed in their home free of charge, or a new machine delivered. "Life goes on" "You asked for it" and "Too bad" never fly in the retail world. I appreciate what you are trying to say here, but facts have to rule the day. If you compare RC to 1:1, RC comes up short, you have many avenues of recourse if an automobile you have purchased, does not function properly, not to mention you get to drive one, any one, before you purchase. You were where we were, I appreciate that, we are reacting differently than you. If you chose preemptive capitulation, and it worked for you, great. If a large number of people put pressure on a company for an obviously flawed product, what's your problem? And $600 dollars may not be small potatoes for some here. I believe that just calling names and spouting hatred works at cross purposes for us here, but unfortunately those of us who start these threads cannot control what people post. I myself am reserving further review, unless you had not noticed, until I have given CEN a fair chance at resolving these issues. Businesses that don't treat their respective customers as individuals, will soon have no business. A customer is a selfish beast, they could care less how many other customers a company has. Just a fact.

ORIGINAL: BUGGIES_R_US.

As a person, I will say this.. You take a chance when you want to be the first to want something. YOU ASKED FOR IT. EVERY PRODUCT on the market goes through this.

The GMC sonoma had gas tanks that explode when rear ended even lightly.. My uncle's BMW stalled on the road while he was driving home from the dealership (NEW).

$600 is SMALL considering the grand scale of things.. LIFE GOES ON...

For all that are pissed: I HAVE BEEN where you are.. I have lost enough money to know the pain.

Go get what you deserve. I'm not asking you to back down. But dont let it get into your mind and destroy you or other's respect for you. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Uploading a thousands posts defaming the product and its manufacturor wont do you much good. They dont exactly care for ONE customer.. its not worth it financially. Theyre in business to make money. NOT to make you happy!!

Disagree with me if you will, but me and the other mods are only trying to help you guys out and do whats best for RCU.

Cheers
Ram
Old 07-14-2004, 11:27 AM
ace@

i have already sent the truck back and got it back they replaced the receiver,failsafe,reverse servo and the rear cvd's don't pop out anymore and also the spur gears. But the brakes still don't work and it has shifted into 3rd just a couple times. it's not the new stuff in the care package and i have to either send it in again or get the care package. This brand new 550.00 dollor RTR truck has been taken apart like 5 times already that's unexceptable i want a new one!!![&o]
Old 07-14-2004, 11:40 AM
ace@

Yes if i can't get a new truck then i will do repair myself cen has done enough with the first batch...
Old 07-14-2004, 11:44 AM
ace@

i don't know why but, i don't see the 3 fluid diff oil on the care package list????? if i rebuild this truck i will need diff oil. so you can see the care package is already not complete!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 12:12 PM
SmellinNitro

I think the diff replacement is only comprised of the spur gear, so nessecarily you wouldn't need to refill the diff cup.... Unless I'm missing something and they're talking about the spiders........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.