Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts about

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts about

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:18 PM
iluvspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts about

tell me fax about e maxx please
Old 07-13-2004, 11:24 PM
blylek

Default RE: for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts about

I like my emaxx. Very fast with some good batteries in it. I tore the drive shafts and replaced them with cvd's all around. I originally purchased the emaxx with thoughts of converting into a brushless beast, but haven't quite gotten around to it yet. People who have experimented with various brushless setups claim top speed (if that is really relevant to a monster truck) of over 40 MPH, and likely into the 50 range with the right gearing and battery setup. The point is, you don't need to go nitro if you want a fast truck...an emaxx can be every bit as fast as any of the nitro trucks you see mentioned on these boards.

blylek
Old 07-14-2004, 03:38 AM
Crazy_Coconuts

Default RE: for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts about

as much as i dont like admiting it, the emaxx is the best electric MT out of the box....
Old 07-14-2004, 03:04 PM
iluvspeed

thanks guys
Old 07-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Crazy_Coconuts

as much as i dont like admiting it, the emaxx is the best electric MT out of the box....

Not so fast!!!

The brand-new RCCA (ya' know, the magazine that's "IN BED WITH TRAXXAS" ) has a 'shootout' between the E-Maxx & the new Kyosho Twin Force 'lectric monster truck. http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGAJ3&P=0

Guess what...

THE TWIN FORCE 'WON', albeit by a very slight margin.

But there are some fundemental differences between them, so only YOU can really choose which is best for YOU!! The Kyosho has solid axles & the E-Maxx has an independent suspension. Also, the Kysoho is a KIT (you need an ESC/radio...it DOES have 2-motors, though), and the E-Maxx is an RTR.

Basically the Twin Force was better at jumping, but not a great all-around basher, better on pavement and it's by far the best rock crawler. The E-Maxx is better on the track & can soak up more surface irregularities at high speeds (general bashing). Both have about the same top speed, and both are equally rugged.

But the E-Maxx has probby 1000X as many hopups/upgrades available...an important consideration!!

Go out & buy the mag, figure out what YOU really want the truck to do, and then make your choice. But it's clear that the E-Maxx is no longer the only game in town re. electric monsters!!!!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:34 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: for all u electric lovers do u think the e maxx truck is good can u please tell me some facts ab

You will never convince me that any of the 'force series trucks jumps better than a maxx, and I am all out Savage.... I have seen tons of those 'force trucks in videos that users post; at first I was interested in them myself. Watch the videos, those trucks are awkward as hell in the air.

Other than that I would tend to agree.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Crazy_Coconuts

first of all, Tamiya pretty much owns the electric rock crawling arena... you will not be able to convince me that a twin force is better at rock crawling than a stock TXT-1 (its not fair to use the clod because its not a performance truck out of the box...) although i agree its better than an e-maxx at that stuff...

i also agree that the maxx is a lot better at jumping, but the Twin Force is just a lot more fun to jump with ... the Twin Force is also more fun to bash with because it rolls around a lot...

secondly, E-Maxx is still the best [performing] OUT OF THE BOX because it comes with everything except for batteries and charger... the E-Maxx comes with the EVX and a [not so good] radio.... it also has a 2 speed transmission... over all, its cheaper and it handles better than the Twin Force... i agree with frost... the Twin Force is just really wonky in the air...