Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Lst or revo ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:34 AM
William Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lst or revo ???

i'm not sure which is better but i'll tell you what i witness saturday at the track. there were two revos and one lst. first off neither of the revos broke but i guess you'll understand why after reading this. one revo wouldn't idle for more than 15 secs but ran nice at the track pure stock. it's temp was about 210-235 at it was 95 degrees that day, run at least 6 tanks before going home. the second revo would idle forever but kept flaming out every 5 minutes or less. it's temps were 235-270 same day. it ran nice until it would just flame out. the lst was nice it idle forever & it ran forever, temps about 220-230 but it broke and everyone and the owner of the truck was in shock when that had happened. the lst was making a right turn and it's left front tire rubbed the pipe used to lay out the track and the tire came off and broke where the tire and a-arm connect, though it wasn't a bad break but it's the fact that it broke from rubbing against a pipe that every one has hit from electric to nitro. and it happened right after he was bragging about how the lst was so durable and that it wasn't having tuning problems and how he would never buy another truck ever again. then snap reality sat in. i'm not bashing traxxas or losi but wanted to let everyone know that every company that sells a product whether it's rc or not has it's issue.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:37 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

You said it caseyddr.

(By the way caseyddr, do you really like DDR? Lol.)
oh man don't get me started Been playing it over 3 years.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:13 PM
bige4375

ORIGINAL: totally losi

i'm not sure which is better but i'll tell you what i witness saturday at the track. there were two revos and one lst. first off neither of the revos broke but i guess you'll understand why after reading this. one revo wouldn't idle for more than 15 secs but ran nice at the track pure stock. it's temp was about 210-235 at it was 95 degrees that day, run at least 6 tanks before going home. the second revo would idle forever but kept flaming out every 5 minutes or less. it's temps were 235-270 same day. it ran nice until it would just flame out. the lst was nice it idle forever & it ran forever, temps about 220-230 but it broke and everyone and the owner of the truck was in shock when that had happened. the lst was making a right turn and it's left front tire rubbed the pipe used to lay out the track and the tire came off and broke where the tire and a-arm connect, though it wasn't a bad break but it's the fact that it broke from rubbing against a pipe that every one has hit from electric to nitro. and it happened right after he was bragging about how the lst was so durable and that it wasn't having tuning problems and how he would never buy another truck ever again. then snap reality sat in. i'm not bashing traxxas or losi but wanted to let everyone know that every company that sells a product whether it's rc or not has it's issue.
Was it the axle that broke, if so it has been happening. I broke one to, but after replacement I have beat it pretty good with out much else of a problem. The only other thing I broke was a shock shaft when I hit something on a landing.
Old 07-26-2004, 12:48 PM
motorpsycho502

LST all the way, The only thing mine has broke is the left front axle, It jumps so well balanced it forgives a lot of driver error and lands from ten feet up with NO problem.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
tripplefatty

well i have a lst that i race (i run the 40's bowties)...i seen the revo video..alot of street running..big deal!!!! air it out & lets see what its made of....& it is a traxxas & they are no were the company losi is!!. Losi makes race truck..traxxas makes trucks that need alot of money to race..(maybe the revo is diff).I no at the track the lst is very good on the track & it will run down & go buy a truggy with a .21.As for the revo on the track????..never seen one on the track,but i do no they dont bottom out.Witch to me is no good.I have about a gallon of fuel threw my lst & the only problem with it is the clutch spring let go...not a big deal...it did coast me the race.. but big deal.The first heat with the lst i hit every thing on the track & nothing let go.I have not put it threw a day of hard bashing yet!!!.I have a big race coming up this weekend & dont want be out waiting for parts ..if some thing dose let go.i hope there will be some revos there..LOL!!!looks like a nice truck..but will look even better when i go buy one on the track.I would never buy a traxxas maxx or revo..i have had to many off them & there all money pit's!!!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:29 PM
William Q

yeah it was the left front axle that broke. i don't really see how it's not like he hit it dead on. maybe his tire rubbed alot harder than it looked.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
cjx2

ORIGINAL: totally losi

yeah it was the left front axle that broke. i don't really see how it's not like he hit it dead on. maybe his tire rubbed alot harder than it looked.

I am sure that was not his first time driving the LST and my guess would be that it (part that broke) was fractured from previous abuse and the "rub" just finished the job.

Anyway my thoughts are this regarding which truck. You are not really going to go wrong with either truck, although I have yet to actually see a Revo I am sure it is going to be nice (the video doesn't impress me, things can look a lot faster in video than they really are). The completely new design of the Revo scares me a little though, anytime something is so radically new and different it seems to be prone to problems. Look at 1:1 production cars, new designs have lots of recalls.

Keep a few things in mind though before making your purchase.
1. Storage space for the truck (My Losi is FAT and big)
2. Tools and additional accessories you will need right off the bat. Traxxas has included some of the items you will need with the revo like a battery pack.
3. Parts support locally. Both trucks, or any truck for that matter is going to break sooner or later. After all they are MTs and they were meant to be driven all out but they are all still considered models. Don't get too drawn into the my truck is tougher than yours crap, most of it is just BS anyway, half the guys talking don't even have the truck that are talking about LOL.
4. Radio equipment included with the truck. Sorry Revo guys but the Traxxas radio, in my opinion, simply sucks. I have had many Traxxas vehicles, so yes I have every right to say that because I have used it. Purchasing new radio equipment with a Traxxas MT is almost a given.
5. Your experience with motors. Every traxxas nitro engine I have had is a pain in the butt to tune, no exceptions. The LST motor has been a dream.
6. Will you or will you not EVER race it? The Revo was built for racing therefor will be a good race truck and most likely an easier truck to get into racing with. If you are a newb trying to race an LST might be a little more of a challenge.
7. THE most absolute important thing to remember is just have fun. That is truly what it is all about.

Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 12:16 PM
caseyddr

I'd take a traxxas 2.5 over a Mach 26 anyday. Also the Traxxas radios may be a basic AM radio, but they DO NOT Need replaced just becuase they aren't a XS3. Sounds to me you don't treat your equipment properly.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
cjx2

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

I'd take a traxxas 2.5 over a Mach 26 anyday. Also the Traxxas radios may be a basic AM radio, but they DO NOT Need replaced just becuase they aren't a XS3. Sounds to me you don't treat your equipment properly.

Not sure how I treat my equipment even comes into factor. The Traxxas radio is not junk because it is AM, it is not junk because it is not an XS3, it is however junk because it is pathetically basic and it does not have the adjustments of even a $120 radio. You have very basic throttle and steering trim and that is it, you cannot use the radio to dial down braking, acceleration, steering throw and numerous other factors many radios let you. Many of these factors are important to racing. The Traxxas radio does not compare to the XS3 that is why I did not compare them, it is like apples to oranges. The point is, all I was saying was the user would be better of with a nicer radio then the one Traxxas gives you. Hell, I am pretty sure even Traxxas knows that the radio is one of the first things users often replace.

The Traxxas 2.5 is a difficult motor to tune, read some posts, I am not the only one who thinks this and I am not making it up. That is all I said about the motor that for a beginner it may be difficult to tune. I made no remarks on the motor quality or speed or anything else.

Get off your Traxxas high horse and take the time to actually read a post before spouting off.

Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Now children, this post is about getting the LST or the REVO. Please stop your B ITC HING!
Old 07-27-2004, 02:24 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: cjx2

Not sure how I treat my equipment even comes into factor. The Traxxas radio is not junk because it is AM, it is not junk because it is not an XS3, it is however junk because it is pathetically basic and it does not have the adjustments of even a $120 radio. You have very basic throttle and steering trim and that is it, you cannot use the radio to dial down braking, acceleration, steering throw and numerous other factors many radios let you. Many of these factors are important to racing. The Traxxas radio does not compare to the XS3 that is why I did not compare them, it is like apples to oranges. The point is, all I was saying was the user would be better of with a nicer radio then the one Traxxas gives you. Hell, I am pretty sure even Traxxas knows that the radio is one of the first things users often replace.

The Traxxas 2.5 is a difficult motor to tune, read some posts, I am not the only one who thinks this and I am not making it up. That is all I said about the motor that for a beginner it may be difficult to tune. I made no remarks on the motor quality or speed or anything else.

Get off your Traxxas high horse and take the time to actually read a post before spouting off.

Chris
bleh sometimes I'm embarrased to live in Indiana.... The radio equipment doesn't have 120$ features because "gasp" its not a 120$ system! The radio gets the job down for what traxxas is for, BEGINNERS. Every single vehicle except MAYBe the Revo now was all towards the BEGINNER. And I used to believe the hype about the traxxas motors also being hard to tune until I owned one. I guess it jus takes a elementary degree of tuning to set it up. Mine ran perfect all day and didn't have to touch the needles.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:11 PM
cjx2

The radio equipment doesn't have 120$ features because "gasp" its not a 120$ system! The radio gets the job down for what traxxas is for, BEGINNERS. Every single vehicle except MAYBe the Revo now was all towards the BEGINNER.

Wow, it is finally getting through your genius brain. This whole post is about the Revo and the LST. So I feel the radio equipment is sub par for a truck like the Revo... In my opnion Traxxas is skimping when it comes to the Revo's radio. The are simply making more profits off the same radio they have included for years, I think it was high time to put a nicer radio in with the revo especially since it is a racing truck.

Does that help or do you need me to draw you a picture?

As for the engine tuning..."ALL HAIL CASEYDDR!!! The god of engine tuning in Indiana." There does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

I think I hear your mom calling, now go away little boy.

Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 07:14 PM
caseyddr

I still feel the traxxas radio is perfect for the revo
Old 07-27-2004, 07:26 PM
MUDSHED

I have to agree with you cjk2. I have owned 3 Traxxas vehicles and the engines and radios are basic equipment that Traxxas seems to just throw in with their RTR kits. All of the TRX engines Ive owned have been always a pain to tune. To me, with all my Traxxas experience, I will never go for a Traxxas kit ever again. I have always been happy with the other kits I have owned by HPI, Team Assoc., Tamiya, Kyosho and now Losi. I sold my traxxas kits in order to buy a real race truck....the LST.

And I know that everybody on this forum is entitled to express their opinion, but it seems like "YOU" caseyddr which almost in every post that you are envolved in ,you always have knock other peoples opinions in a disrespectful way. Just like that other post on "Is the Raptor better than the Savage". I posted a link to ace hobbies website and there you go again with your "bleh" statement. You wanna go ahead start your S#!T on these forums, go right ahead, but you acting as MR. KNOWITALL aint flyin by me. If you gotta express your opinion, why you always gotta come at people like that? This forum is to provided to help each hobbyist out and gather info on the hobby. Its folks like you that make these forums a place of helpful interesting posts gone to bad arguments. Sorry, I guess you must be just a kid who likes to start S#!T with people here huh? Why dont you just beat it and go play with your toys?

ORIGINAL: cjx2

The radio equipment doesn't have 120$ features because "gasp" its not a 120$ system! The radio gets the job down for what traxxas is for, BEGINNERS. Every single vehicle except MAYBe the Revo now was all towards the BEGINNER.

Wow, it is finally getting through your genius brain. This whole post is about the Revo and the LST. So I feel the radio equipment is sub par for a truck like the Revo... In my opnion Traxxas is skimping when it comes to the Revo's radio. The are simply making more profits off the same radio they have included for years, I think it was high time to put a nicer radio in with the revo especially since it is a racing truck.

Does that help or do you need me to draw you a picture?

As for the engine tuning..."ALL HAIL CASEYDDR!!! The god of engine tuning in Indiana." There does that make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

I think I hear your mom calling, now go away little boy.

Chris
Old 07-27-2004, 07:27 PM
caseyddr

not my fault your local hobby store has poor online habits :-/
Old 07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
MUDSHED

not my fault my local hobby store took you for a sucka :-/

not my fault your local hobby store has poor online habits :-/
Old 07-27-2004, 07:35 PM
caseyddr

I bet thats exactly what ace hobby wants on there record, somebody braggin for there poor customer service.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
MUDSHED

betcha you been waitin for me to reply huh casyddr? You've been hangin around this post to see what I post huh? You know what...I dont wanna waste my time. I gotta go smoke a Traxxas truck real quick.

UhhHem...oh yeah...Back to the question at hand..LST or REVO...go with an LST.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:06 PM
caseyddr

lol? i said in the beginning, LST lol such fools
Old 07-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Texdav

I say get the one you like they willo both be good vehicles abd the difference in cost once they are out awhile( also will have new release problems fixde) will pay for a decent FM;if you want one.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:31 PM
creyc

I think I want to still say LST but be careful with your engine. I just found out my truck will be experiencing at least a week of downtime as my engine is returned for service which makes me "unhappy" to say the least. I've had a total of only a few minutes on my truck, or however long 7 tanks takes and I'd really like to let it fly. I disslike Dynamite so much I went out and bought a gallon of their fuel today, hah. Maybe it works better in their engines than what I currently use but whatever the case is the LST on the whole is a nicer truck (in my opinion) than the Revo, even though unlike a lot of people I have always liked the Traxxas products but not enough to warrant spending money on them. The easy-start put me off from the beginning for some strange reason and then I always took their vehicles for "toys". I was surprised when the T-Maxx got so much hype and was really happy they could have moved up so far from what I experienced of their products. I think it was because the easy start always was breaking for me...I'm not even sure what the problem with that was to be honest.

Losi has paid attention to detail with it's new truck though, just look at the transmission, brakes, full hexwear and CVDs throughout. I can't find many places I feel need immediate attention for improved durability or performance. Everything is great out of the box. I am confidant I got a fluke defective engine and from the fact I've only heard of maybe three others with similar problems (or worse) it's not a global problem with the trucks. I'm not sure how the vehicles compare as far as speed is concerned but the LST would be tough to beat for handling. Both have dual steering servo setups so you'll get good turning with either. On both trucks you'll find exceptionally good quality on parts like the slipper, shocks and brakes.

I wasn't aware the LST was a race truck while I knew from the start the Revo would be at home on the track. Actually the two-speed gearbox and Dynamite engine make me wonder wether or not it really is a race truck. It seems like a great basher to me, like a Savage really. Similar speeds, big block engines, weight range, durability and overall build quality seem similar. For almost everyone I'd recommend the LST over the Revo. But I suppose you'll end up having fun with either one.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:16 PM
gqual

go Revo, in the video seems a little slow of the line but hey look at that wheelsthe trx 2.5 cant accelerate well with them. I will just put some Smaller tires and bolt a .18 and thats is. oh and remember that the t-maxx or revo will not accelerate like a touring car out of the line, they are geared to havme high top end speeds so due to gearing it also its slow of the line.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:39 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i cant get over some people saying the Mach is a bad motor, man the Mach is awesome it is one of the best engines to get...it is easy to tune, super reliable and has tons of power....a LST will smoke a Revo in a drag race easily.......the Mach has double the HP and tourque, plus its way easier to tune.....anybody who knocks the Mach has never seen one run, or running properly as the motor is a powerhouse..anyways the revo is nice as wll but the motor is its weak point when you put it beside the mach powered LST........the TRX is no competition for the Mach in any aspect...even HP per displacment the Mach is stronger...the trx will have more rpm but the LST is geared for the Mach so top speed will be compensated......anyways these guys knocking the Mach have no experience with these engines as everyone who has owned one has loved it........
Old 07-28-2004, 05:20 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: supertib

i cant get over some people saying the Mach is a bad motor, man the Mach is awesome it is one of the best engines to get...it is easy to tune, super reliable and has tons of power....a LST will smoke a Revo in a drag race easily.......the Mach has double the HP and tourque, plus its way easier to tune.....anybody who knocks the Mach has never seen one run, or running properly as the motor is a powerhouse..anyways the revo is nice as wll but the motor is its weak point when you put it beside the mach powered LST........the TRX is no competition for the Mach in any aspect...even HP per displacment the Mach is stronger...the trx will have more rpm but the LST is geared for the Mach so top speed will be compensated......anyways these guys knocking the Mach have no experience with these engines as everyone who has owned one has loved it........
lol considering the motor is giving most losi owners fits of poor build quality and the endurance of a Megatech .16 engine, how can you claim that? I've personally sent back 5 of the 7 I've sold, and thats probably because 1 of the other 2 gave up trying be in the hobby, or quit coming to the shop i was at for selling them a bad product. Dynamite has never been known for there build quality and this motor proves it.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:31 PM
232CAP

Just came back from running my revo which i had for about a week. First off if you understand how to tune a 2 stroke the 2.5r motor tunes easy. Raced around a parking lot with a new savage and the revo had it all over it period. I will say the savage had really good brakes. I did not have the chance to go against a lst but did see one on display at my lhs and i really don't see what all the hype is about. Don't get me wrong it is a nice truck but i bet my revo will run with it and handle better on a track. I was with Ed from EB MODS motors which is a part of my lhs and he said the revo runs like a tmaxx with a picco .21. I think you guys should take a closer look at the revo, don't worry who makes it. I am not brand bias. Just think it is a good truck for the $$$. Just my opinion. ART

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.