Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 03:01 PM
cfrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

Oatmealman: Pricing error on the part of the hobby shop. The girl said it was a special price due to the fact that they are the only ones around that sells Cen products. I later learned (when a friend went to get one) that it was a problem with their computers that they had fixed soon after I bought mine.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:28 AM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

I have a genesis and its fine.The fact remains only people with problems usually post.SO it looks worse than it is.Losi lst same thing all new trucks have problems.I have a losi too so yes i can speak about the genesis and the losi.They both had some problems.I wish more people would post on factual information rather than biased post searches.Thanks
Old 10-17-2004, 03:33 AM
808rcguy

LST...GENESIS.. Sold them both,,Got me a savage instead...
Old 10-17-2004, 03:45 AM
tomandemmy

i have one of those too!Most durable of 3 imho!
Old 10-18-2004, 08:18 AM
Gulliver Foyle

You are lucky. I only report on my Genesis, but I am aware of 4 others my LHS has sold and none of them are problem free, or reliable at all for that matter, and they don't post anywhere. I myself just blew the engine yesterday with the same crank bushing failure we have all heard so much about. If yours work great, my hats off to you and I hope you continue to enjoy it. I really like the truck it's just a time sink as far as amount of work and attention needed to keep it afloat, much more than my other RC's. As far as my engine, it never saw 260deg running temp so how could I have avoided that?

ORIGINAL: tomandemmy

I have a genesis and its fine.The fact remains only people with problems usually post.SO it looks worse than it is.Losi lst same thing all new trucks have problems.I have a losi too so yes i can speak about the genesis and the losi.They both had some problems.I wish more people would post on factual information rather than biased post searches.Thanks
Old 10-18-2004, 10:05 AM
lstman

i personally think that all newly released mt's are going to have some issues. i havent seen a perfect one yet. with every truck at my tracks there is a dude behind them turning purple in the face when they break. and they all break. there isnt one person there who has kept there truck stock. theres always room for improvement. my lst has had more issues than most, but i have gotten every single part broke sent to me for free. my t-maxx's were the worst case yet. it took hundreds of dollars to get that truck to take a beating. there are a ton of savages at the tracks also. everyone of them had to do the 4 spider mod to keep from tearing diffs apart. also not one has the stock engine. 99% of people beat there trucks like they stole something. not many companies can afford to bullet proof there rtr kits so they can handle our abbuse. we would be dropping a grand a piece on them if they did. if you want indestructable, it aint in the mt department. those 1/8 buggies are the toughest out there. get one of those.
note:this is my opinion. im at no point trying to bash anyone or anything like that. so please do not reply with an angry tude.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
tomandemmy

Gulliver i bought 2 genesis and i guess I must be super lucky.The second one was a 4th batch truck.The other was a first batch and after care package it was fine.sorry to hear your having problems.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:08 AM
Gulliver Foyle

Thanks man. I wish I was in your shoes because when it runs well (gasp) it's a blast. To LSTMan, your right to a point. I do beat other RC cars mercilessly but not the Gen, yet, too heavy really for good air. My expectations are not unreasonable I think. I rip it up with my MGT and blew a second gear mainshaft in half last week after like 15 tanks, OK, didn't care really, $5 and a little wrenching and it's running circles around the Genny again. (As a side note, in the videos section [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Oct17%25_RB_28_MGT%2C_stocker_MGT%2C_wasp26_savage %2C_RB_C5_KII/m_2264328/tm.htm]CLICK ME![/link] you can see me and my friends playing in the videos posted by Niffken, my trucks are the Gray F150 MGT and the haggard purple/silver HPI MT and my ramp is the black one). LSTman is right about the buggies though, I have 2 Inferno's and they are bulletproof, I cartwheeled my MP-6 on pavement last month and only bent a shock mounting screw!

ORIGINAL: tomandemmy

Gulliver i bought 2 genesis and i guess I must be super lucky.The second one was a 4th batch truck.The other was a first batch and after care package it was fine.sorry to hear your having problems.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Hands

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=41108

Hey guys, i just found a kick ass genesis video from rcpic.. check it out