Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT, GAS ENGINE

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:12 PM
^^_FaWaZ_^^

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT, GAS ENGINE

hey all, i have a MGT - MTA-4 , and iv been wondering if i can put a gas engine in it i have the $$$ and i hate that nitro engine coz i have to tune it allot the opposite in the gas engine, so if any one could be nice and tell me what would fit in it and if u were nice enough ul put a link
Old 08-08-2004, 04:29 PM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: MGT, GAS ENGINE

Haha I wish their was but Guess what if you want a gas engine on a mgt you will have to do your owen conversion. I've never even seen a gas engine small enought for a 1/8th truck. That would be cool.[8D]
I got a ? Why did companies make the engines glow instead of gas??[sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-08-2004, 05:42 PM
creyc

Because for one, they are much less complex. If you look at them, there's really nothing to it. No separate moving parts or valves. No need for a separate ignition system, the glow-plug simply stores the heat from combustion. The cuts in the sleeve determine when and how much gas enters the combustion chamber and the hollow crankshaft doubles as means to move the fuel/air into the engine. It's a very simple machine in comparison with a gasoline engine, or even a 4-stroke.

But it would be cool, that's for sure. The smallest gasoline 2-cycle engines are the ones found on 1/6 scale buggies and such, made by none other than Zenoah. (I swear the company has a monopoly on their market!)

Good luck with the conversion if you can find a way to do it though. Chances are you'll loose lots of performance going to gasoline though. But then again the fuel is 10x cheaper. $2 a gallon vs. $20. And no need for a glow starter.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:49 AM
^^_FaWaZ_^^

yeah, but the problem is HOW TO START IT !!!! theres no nose cone or a recoil starter! hmmm
i have a motor scooter with a 43.5 cc engine mabye i could take the recoil starter rope off and use it[&:], anyway im going to visit about 9 different hobby stores in emirates or saudi, so i can solve the problem