Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

well i just ordered my new truck :)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

well i just ordered my new truck :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 03:20 PM
neil.jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well i just ordered my new truck :)

i decided on the savage 25 due to its durability and the fact its so easy to buy replacement/hop up parts for, plus i got it for a very good price from tower hobby's
Old 08-22-2004, 03:41 PM
ICrashThings

Default RE: well i just ordered my new truck :)

Congrats, Water proof it and go play in the mud.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:49 PM
neil.jb

i will

what are the stock servos like(durability wise, ie will they take in water and malfunction if i run it in the rain? ) and is the radio/battery box very well weather proofed?
Old 08-22-2004, 04:26 PM
creyc

God, the radio box is just short of air-proof, fire-proof, water-proof and ready for time travel.

It's not sealed completely but a bead of silicone around the top (let it dry completely!) will pretty much do the trick. I've never had troubles with water reaching the electronics but just be smart and don't go through water too deep. Servos hate water, don't let them touch it. Receivers hate it even more but if the receiver is wet that means you're in water deep enough to have already covered the transmission, brakes, clutch, diffs and exhaust. Meaning it wouldn't be running.

The Savage is a great truck on the whole, I love mine. I just tore it down to the TVPs last night to take a peek at the transmission. Working on the truck is more difficult than every other truck out there but luckily it also stays together the best. Get a HPI ribbed pipe for it and a motorsavers air filter. This truck is perfectly capable out of the box though.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:50 PM
neil.jb

i already have a good quality k factor off road air filter i bought for one of my touring car engines but the plastic casing was a little on the large side so its in the bottom of my tool box at the moment, i just cant wait for it to turn up now, could be 10-30 days but its worth the wait because i saved $340 buying it direct from the usa