Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Deciding...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 PM
gqual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deciding...

My birthdate is on the 23rd of this month. I have a savage 25 but i want another monster truck, i am deciding betwen the traxxas revo and the tamiya tnx as a b-day gift.. part aviability is not an issue neither the price.

i will always be running them on the streets or baseball fields(cause i play basball and parks are near my house) i saw the revo videos at rc reality and it seems to be avery good truck and very fast also and it seems pretty durable too.(it took a pretty good beating befor it broke)thats why i is one of my picks.

btw the tnx looks to be a very durable truck, i noticed that because i rarely see someone that makes a post of their tnx braking . also its fast and durable.

anyone that has pics of poth please post them it might help me with my desicion.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:13 PM
MT RC
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Deciding...

I dont have any experience with the REVO but I have seen videos of it and I personally think its awsome! So I would say get the REVO.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:15 PM
ThermalRD

Hmmm...Thats a tough choice. Both seem like good trucks. I'll have a revo in another week, and i'll post a review. I guess the Revo would take my vote still. I cant say theres anything i dont like about it. I look at the TNX, i see a great truck. I also see a lack of aftermarket, and a couple things i WOULD change on it. The TNX shocks just suck. Plain and simple, horrible design. The pipe isnt all that special either. Nothing really major. Shocks are a must for the TNX!!! The revo comes with an RX pack, and a charger. Both come with cheap radios IMO. But like i said, i'll have a revo in another week, i'll do a review.

Matt
Old 09-06-2004, 07:50 PM
RC SNYPER
My Feedback: (1)

i say the revo. i do not own one but i have seen video's of it runing and it's awesome.

Ken
Old 09-06-2004, 11:13 PM
MUDSHED

I would have say get a REVO. With all the aftermarket support its getting, you pretty much have a limitless way of personalizing the rig. I guess in my turf, Tamiya is very much less supported than Traxxas at out LHS's.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Skagen

I'm currently in the same situation as you. I've seen both of them run against each other. The TNX has more punch off the line. But the Revo starts to creep up on the TNX at full throttle. (The 2.5 in the Revo runs up to 50,000 rpm's!) The shocks on the TNX aren't the greatest. You may want to change them. A friend of mine was talking with one of the pro drivers of Traxxas (I forgot which driver) at a local race and he said the REVO is a huge improvement over the T-Maxx. It's much more durable than the T-Maxx. I've also seen the REVO go through major abuse with nothing breaking - huge jumps over school fences - and the only damage was the rear exhaust came off and a shock cap broke. In my opinion a huge improvement over the T-Maxx in terms of durability.

I have a Terra Crusher and T-Maxx and the Terra Crusher is more durable than the T-Maxx. Therefore I would choose the TNX based on my experience but the REVO is one nasty truck too.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

well ill be opposite of most ppl and say TNX, i got it, love it. still tring to go to the track agian. havent broken nething major.and since the LHS dont carry tamiya, i buy spares of the internet and keep them with me at the track.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Roadhog2K4

I would have to say Savage...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:15 PM
ThermalRD

If you read the entire post you might be able to respond more accurately. You would also already know he has a savage already.

ORIGINAL: Roadhog2K4

I would have to say Savage...
Old 09-09-2004, 09:59 PM
Ahab

I have never seen the tnx or revo run in the flesh, only on vids. but i would go for the TNX for the following reason..

the revo is a brand new truck, sure it has a load of R+D on it but it is still first gen.

the TNX is basicly a second gen Terra Crusher, so it has had more chance to be polished and fettled....

I think I would rather own a revo, but the tnx seems like a better bet....

also tamiya are probably the biggest manufacturer in RC, they have a reputation for building tougher than hell models that put up with beginner abuse very happily.... Traxxas have a reputation for making their models out of glass....
Old 09-10-2004, 03:36 PM
KiwiJoe

I have a TNX so it gets my Vote Totally hassle free, lightning quick and fun fun fun. Spent about 15mins tuning it when I got it (2nd hand) and aint touched it since (2 months). Do factor in a shock upgrade as the stock plastic 1's look bad and are bad - traxxas big bores fit well. I use the stock controller as I'm just a basher and it does the job fine.

P.S. It looks more sexy in person than it does in pics
Old 09-10-2004, 04:07 PM
madmgt

If I was you I would also consider a monster gt. extremely tough truck