RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Warhead????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warhead????

it looks sweet, im thinking duratrax, bought the plans from savage.
and theres a poped tie rod in the pic of the raptor
Old 09-11-2004, 09:26 AM
ThermalRD

I wouldnt give any extra credit to the PRP .27. It is identical to the Fantom, Diablo, and wasp .28. Which all come from Toki. If its the same quality it will be total garbage. I'll give any company a chance. But i've owned that Fantom .27, and so have my friends. The Duratrax truck sounds like it has many features others dont. The real test is the quality though. We'll know soon enough. At that price, i can give Duratrax a chance.

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I dunno...the Raptop is probably better due to the fact it has the PRP .27 and not a SuperTigre (airplane guys)...

We'll have to wait and see.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:38 PM
binaryterror

ThermalRD...Larry's likes the Fantom and a bunch of the Mammoth guys on the XTM forum have them and love them...
Old 09-12-2004, 11:38 PM
bkmademedoit

is that super tigre engine something new or is that already out and available?
Old 09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
geofferama

you think you bad opinion of the fantom might be related to their high temp WOT breakin process?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:10 AM
nitrohead5300

Looks great on paper!! If the guality control on this kit is good it should be a winner. Alot of inovation going on here take a look at the warhead picture you can tell from the location of the exhaust, that they really lowered the position of the engine there by lowering the center of gravity!! If you were to lower the suspension some this truck may very well be able to take a turn wide open throttle with out flipping.
Old 09-13-2004, 03:13 PM
ninjaspeed

Awesome looking truck. Might just be my first nitro MT
Old 09-13-2004, 03:36 PM
bkmademedoit

thats what im thinking
Old 09-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

I wouldnt give any extra credit to the PRP .27. It is identical to the Fantom, Diablo, and wasp .28. Which all come from Toki. If its the same quality it will be total garbage. I'll give any company a chance. But i've owned that Fantom .27, and so have my friends. The Duratrax truck sounds like it has many features others dont. The real test is the quality though. We'll know soon enough. At that price, i can give Duratrax a chance.

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I dunno...the Raptop is probably better due to the fact it has the PRP .27 and not a SuperTigre (airplane guys)...

We'll have to wait and see.
Sorry to get off topic, but I bought that PRP/Infinity/TOKI because I got it for 109 shipped. I haven't had leaks or tuning isuues or longevity problems... I didn't break it down and seal it before I ran it because at the time, I didn'rt have what I needed and was impatient. I am going on 3and1/2 gallons through the 27 and although it gets yanked out this week, it has been GREAT. With a 17/52 combo on my Savage it yanks the wheels AND has more top-end than the stock NS25.

I remember (and appreciate) your thorough review online (of your FR27) and I watched mine carefully as a result. I just haven't had problems with it. The engine runs best for me at about 260F. I have run O'donnell 20% race through it from the beginning and now maybe a quart of Sidewinder race 20%.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:34 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Warhead looks good so far. Nothing like the Raptor... Look how low the muffler and engine are- that is a plus= lower COG. Pretty big shocks too.

I think some more trucks SHOULD take Traxxas's lead and get the Pillow Ball type suspensions integrated. IMO The C-Hub setup is DATED; look at all of the next GEN 1/8 scale Buggies. Mostly if not all PBS. I just think PBS is more precise and remains tighter for a longer time. Doesn't look like the warhead has PBS- just a knuckle c-hub. My Savage felt sloppy within a matter of weeks, no matter what I did.

Body... Meh. Guess MFG's just don't like paying the license costs to get a nice body like the old school days (Kyosho and Tamiyas Toyota's Chevy's Fords right off of the showroom design). Just looks like another RTR cheap body. These manufacturers need to realize, sad but true, that people will buy these based on just how they look. People used to buy Blackfoots to get a Ford. Big Brute to get a Toyota. USA-1 and Clod to get a Chevy.

WHEN is a manufacturer going to step up and put a regular body on an RTR and not these bubbly, cartoony cheesy looking bodies? The licensing CANNOT be that much... Proline, Parma, HPI and more do it!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

One thing is for sure- these trucks just keep getting BETTER, BIGGER and FASTER! It is a good time to be a Nitro MT fan!
Old 09-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

C'mon dale, duratrax is known for it's beautiful bodies..... err wait...

[&:]