Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Revo found its way home with me today!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Revo found its way home with me today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Revo found its way home with me today!

Waiting anxiously... Full report ASAP please.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:49 PM
ThermalRD

Default Revo found its way home with me today!

Very impressed with the layout, and appearance. I cant wait to break this in and get some bashing done. I still havent decide on the radio equipment, so i'll break it in with the stocker. This was a quick pic from earlier today. I'll get more later...

Old 09-13-2004, 06:55 PM
MT RC
My Feedback: (1)

Im gonna get a revo pretty soon so tell me how you like it!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:27 PM
MrSavage

lookin good, was the lst being mean to you?
Old 09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new purchase. Does Larry have them in stock? If so, I might have to pick one up myself.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:33 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks! Yes Larrys has several in stock. In fact it seems like ALL my LHS's have recently gotten a big shipment of Revos. Larrys twisted my arm for nearly 8 bills today. I swear its like an RC Buffet in there. I see the new layout and its just so tempting. Everything just says BUY ME!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Congrats on your new purchase. Does Larry have them in stock? If so, I might have to pick one up myself.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:38 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which shops do you frequent? I mainly stick to Anything Goes and Larry's. It's been years since I've been to Riders and the Prop Shop.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:40 PM
tomandemmy

i like my revo also.It makes a nice change from the genesis.I have yet to break anything the revo.nice pics also. www.rushrc.com
Old 09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
ThermalRD

Mostly Larrys. They have pretty much everything. Dirt burners is my indoor track, so im there alot in the fall and winter. Riders is the occasional pit stop. They never have anything, and they are always over priced. Nankin hardware and hobby is another shop i go to occasionally.

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Which shops do you frequent? I mainly stick to Anything Goes and Larry's. It's been years since I've been to Riders and the Prop Shop.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:50 AM
fourwheeler

Congrats on the Revo man.....and by the way.....your sig just kills me everyday
Old 09-14-2004, 11:56 AM
binaryterror

I'm not a huge fan of the Traxxas line, but the REVO does look very nice and the suspension feels real good when I was playing with it at Larry's. Too bad they stuck with the TRX2.5 in it...oh well.

I have to go Larry's...no one else stock RB parts or XTM parts...but who cares Larry's is usually about 5-10% cheaper than Hobbypeople at times.

Just don't like a few of their employees...but thats everywhere.

PS. 8 bills...man you need to get me a job where I can afford 8 bills for RC! LOL
Old 09-14-2004, 01:21 PM
ThermalRD

The 2.5R is very smooth so far. Im just breaking it in, but its idling real well, and running great. Seems strong even during break-in. I cant wait to get it to the track.

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I'm not a huge fan of the Traxxas line, but the REVO does look very nice and the suspension feels real good when I was playing with it at Larry's. Too bad they stuck with the TRX2.5 in it...oh well.

I have to go Larry's...no one else stock RB parts or XTM parts...but who cares Larry's is usually about 5-10% cheaper than Hobbypeople at times.

Just don't like a few of their employees...but thats everywhere.

PS. 8 bills...man you need to get me a job where I can afford 8 bills for RC! LOL
Old 09-14-2004, 01:34 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

wow. i absoluty hate traxxas but now i am starting to like this revo. something is going wrong. i gotta have one!, maybe i can finance one with my parents [sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 09-14-2004, 02:08 PM
ThermalRD

Another tank of break-in just finished. Very smooth, very impressed. By the way, the internals of this engine are TOP notch! Its machined like it should be. So far...So good. I havent installed the long travel rockers yet, but i'll try them soon. The suspension on this truck is just insane. Once i can start some hi speed runs i'll start testing the suspension on jumps. Traxxas gives some nice tools, and spares with this truck. Extra air filter, filter oil, extra shock springs, long travel suspension parts, etc. Very nice! More to come, and after i've beat it, i'll post a short term review.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:17 PM
binaryterror

Honestly I think Traxxas did things right this time.

I do think the REVO is more at home on the DirtBurners track than it will be in construction yards or yards.

My Mammoth still puts it in the shadows...even the Genesis is about the same size as the Mammoth with those Ofna wide wheels (but to be honest I think that was hurting me at DirtBurners...)
Old 09-14-2004, 02:57 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your worse than I am Thermal, Im glad to know that im not the only one one who trys to buy the latest and greatest toys! the woman of the house hates them (the rc vehicles) I love them, and my credit card company adores me!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 02:58 PM
ThermalRD

I dunno man. This truck climbs like you wouldnt believe. The suspension is just wicked! Track time is gonna be alot of fun!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Deandome

Ya know...THIS is what I was looking for with my much-maligned (and killed) "Where's the Revo-Bashing?" thread

I was hoping that SOME Traxxas-haters would step up and say the Revo looks like a winner, and I commend you brave souls who have done so!!

As a Maxxer/Traxxas fan, I was hoping the Revo would perhaps force a reassessment of Traxxas as a leader/innovator, rather than an entry-level RTR mill (whose trucks fall apart). I was getting tired of defending them all the time, and it looks like I won't have to anymore.

Not only does the truck seem great, but other than some shavings in a few tanks (EARLY!!), there seems to be NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! No disintigrating shafts/diff cases, no factory "fix" kits, even those spindly-looking arms & shock struts seem to be holding up!! Even the engine seems to be less finicky than earlier 2.5s.

And over the weekend, a father & 2 sons were sharing their new Revo at the track (all newbies), and the father said what he was most impressed with was the customer service! You don't wait forever on the phone, and they patiently walk you through every possible step if & when you have a problem.

So hats off to Traxxas on an amazing launch, and hats off to you Traxxas-bashers who are men enough to admit they did something right!!

BTW, I'll once again plug my favorite niche mfg, Aerosticks, as they are gearing up for (already have? Call/e-mail ''em!!?) carbon fiber shock struts for the Revo. As I've said in the past, their turnbuckles are amazingly well built & engineered, so I imagine their shock struts will rule as well: http://www.aerosticks.com/products.htm

WOW!!! I'm quoted as a 'testimonial' in their 'news/testimonial' page!! http://www.aerosticks.com/news.htm

Dean
Old 09-14-2004, 03:10 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, im pretty bad when it comes to my hobbies. I am just gonna finish break-in with stock equipment, and do my review. Then im buying some awesome radio equipment. I have been pretty bad this week, about a grand between 3 hobby shops. I've done worse. Deandome, the Revo is just plain amazing. I recommend anyone buy this truck. I've always been happy with Traxxas trucks. This truck is great. Definitely well worth 468!

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Your worse than I am Thermal, Im glad to know that im not the only one one who trys to buy the latest and greatest toys! the woman of the house hates them (the rc vehicles) I love them, and my credit card company adores me!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Deandome

It's bad enough Thermal has the cash to buy trucks like they were PEZ dispensers.

But he also is sitting home on a TUESDAY breaking it in & talking to us. That's just rubbing it in

Must be rough, you lucky bassturd!!

Dean
Old 09-14-2004, 03:28 PM
ThermalRD

Being an at home dad is great. The benefits are huge. I love spending time with the kids. Dont think its all sugar coated though. Aside from the many rough years i've had to get to this point, i am now faced with cancer. Time to go run another tank thru the Revo.

ORIGINAL: Deandome

It's bad enough Thermal has the cash to buy trucks like they were PEZ dispensers.

But he also is sitting home on a TUESDAY breaking it in & talking to us. That's just rubbing it in

Must be rough, you lucky bassturd!!

Dean
Old 09-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Deandome

Really sorry to hear that...I'm sure your PM is gonna fill up from well-wishers, too (sorry, the 'sad' smiley just doesn't feel appropriate, and it's an oxymoron to boot!).

I forget, how old are you? It's extra-great that you get to spend a lotta time with the kids, too!

My mom's in radiation now, her chemo wrapped up about 2 months ago, so while I can't fathom how this is affecting you (or how it would ME), I have an inkling.

Obviously, best wishes from all of us!!

But how am I supposed to get sarcastic again?? Way to bring us all down.

Dean
Old 09-14-2004, 03:54 PM
MrSavage

i'm sorry my man. i know how tough that can be, i give props to you and you have my prayers.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Deandome

But how am I supposed to get sarcastic again?? Way to bring us all down.

Dean

Thanks for the kind wishes Deandome. Im 28. This caught me off guard. I found out about 6 weeks ago, and i've already had surgery in 2 different areas. If they dont get it all this time, then i go thru some other procedure. Anyway, im done talking about that now. It only brings me down anyway. Back to the rubbing it in. Just got done with tank 4. Let me just tell you, this truck might just take the #1 position of the funnest trucks i've ever driven. Man, i have soo many good things to say about it at this point. This suspension is amazing. You cant understand until you've driven one. The things you can get this truck to do while steering are amazing. I might have to go buy a camcorder next week. Oh, and bring on the sarcasm!
Old 09-14-2004, 04:13 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD
Let me just tell you, this truck might just take the #1 position of the funnest trucks i've ever driven.
Well you still haven't Driven a Mammoth or X-Factor . Actually though the X-Factor is easily the funnest RC I own...lots of work into it, but it sure is a blast. Might have to bring them both to DB next time.

I might have to go buy a camcorder next week. Oh, and bring on the sarcasm!
Yeah a Camcorder would be wicked to tape some DirtBurners racing, or any RC stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.