Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Duratrax Warhead vs. Traxxas Revo

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Duratrax Warhead vs. Traxxas Revo

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 09:52 PM
shupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Duratrax Warhead vs. Traxxas Revo

hmm i dont compleatly understand that whole thing...

unless you have a engine that pushes more than 39k rpms, my car would be hard to beat, the only engines capible of that are $300+ prototype engines which you cannot fit on that car.
and what do you mean by "a real car"?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:48 PM
J_ME65

My mammoth would probly beat your evader, almost guaranteed. That's with the stock engine that turns something like 28,000 rjpm, not a $300 plus engine on it. Stock it runs, I think it was, around 54 mph. I changed the gears and that's pretty much it for the drivetrain. Aside from that, it's 4 wheel drive so a lot easier to control than a 2 plus a lot bigger than the evader.

I dont know how your evader came into this thread though when it's supposed to be a comparisson between the Warhead and Revo.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

LOL...you guys are funny. NM, apple's and oranges.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:56 AM
ashburg

ok, lets put it to an official vote! [link=http://ashburg.com/?page_id=356]Here's an online Survey for the most favorite r/c monster truck[/link]
Old 02-21-2006, 11:11 AM
danny f norman

i have a warhead and personally i love it but to compare it to a revo theres no comparison the wh is way bigger and its not a racer, sure you can bash the revo but it will spank the warhead hands down. the revo is lighter,faster and handles better but my warhead will run it over.... if i could catch it
Old 02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
ashburg

Yeahhh what he said

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

i have a warhead and personally i love it but to compare it to a revo theres no comparison the wh is way bigger and its not a racer, sure you can bash the revo but it will spank the warhead hands down. the revo is lighter,faster and handles better but my warhead will run it over.... if i could catch it
Old 02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
danny f norman

ash do you have your X going yet?
Old 02-21-2006, 11:51 AM
ashburg

Nope, but it's probably on my doorstep man...I've already ordered a steel spur gear and am running to the radio shack for the 7.2 battery that I'll need for the roto-start today.

I'm giddy

Still like my hot rod warhead, though

I'm liking the hellfire too - but if I got it, my wife would scalp me [>:]

ORIGINAL: danny f norman

ash do you have your X going yet?
Old 02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
danny f norman

I'm debating on getting a Revo or the JAMMIN CRT but i havent decided yet. I'm going to race which ever one i get
Old 02-21-2006, 03:22 PM
psychorevo

I will not bash on the Warhead because it may actually be a great truck.

I will, however, give you my two cents about the REVO.

Stock, out of the box, I was hanging with XTM Mammoth 24.7s and hanging with highly modified T-Maxxs off the line but on turns, the REVO tucks in and turns like a race car.

Had the truck for over a month and haven't broken anything. Well, I do baby my stuff and keep it clean but the truck rocks.

O yea, I really want to waste my money on another MT or a buggy but nothing out there, IMO, is close to the REVO. I think if I buy something else, I'll still want to play with my REVO.

Believe me, from a consumer's point-of-view, I want another MT but nothing seems to tantalize me.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
shupid

my evader st is amazing now, pro losi hard anodinized dual rate shocks, ofna red head (maximum top speed), adam drake pipe, mashers in the back edge in the front, nicad high drain batt pack, metal gear servos, turbo flow air filter, upgraded clutch barrings, this is a possible racer but im a little nervous taking it to a track because i dont know how ide do, i do plenty of self time laps, i practice jumps all the time and do gravle racing solo in a twisting walk way 300ft long and 1.5 feet wide and wont even go off cource even at top speed it will crouch tuck and turn like a rs4.

never have been to a track

sorry, a wee bit off topic
Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
espenz21

My friend has owned a revo for a while...and i like it...but i think the price and the attention is way overrated, even after saying that id have to say that the revo would be the one to go with.....also because not many people know how thw warhead preforms yet, and the first versions usually have little issues...the 2nd models are the ones to go with...then all the little probs will be fixed.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:22 AM
bryanjs420

I bought a DuraTrax Warhead from my LHS and broke it during break in. All i did was put my foot in front of it to turn carb screw, when my truck hit my foot it broke the servo saver arm for steering. To be honest it makes me think twice about bashing this truck. I hope it was simply a fluke or a poorly molded part. Im probably gonna go out and buy a savage just in spite of duratrax. I own two T maxxs ( one stock one w/xtm247 on it ) never broke a steering servo saver part. I would be embarrased if I was breaking this in with someone else besides me. As it turns out, I was alone. Now I have to wait for parts and my warhead is 8 minutes old. THATS NO GOOD
Old 03-11-2006, 09:38 AM
shupid

ive broken a servo with a rs4, it TAPPED its tire on my foot and it ripped the servo gear out.

it is probly a bad part or you have the servo saver set too high.

I HATED my nitro evader st but after i fixed the mismanufactured parts its the best!
Old 03-16-2006, 04:23 AM
troutrun1

Hi all, I have never owned a nitro 4x4 truck or cars, only electric. I am ready to venture into the nitro 4x4 truck world. My only problem is which one. Traxxas revo 3.3 with a small block engine or a Duratrac Warhead with a big block engine. I have done a lot of reading on both. But I can not decide. So I will let the amount of replies to one or the other be the deciding factor. when all the smoke settles, I will own one or the other.

Thanks all and Good day
Old 03-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Mekong

I have a warhead and its a joke! Go with a revo or savage, maybe even LST.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:28 AM
ashburg

I love my savage x...and am getting a revo 3.3 at the end of this month. For racing, get the revo, for bashing, get the savage x - you can't hardly break them.

ORIGINAL: troutrun1

Hi all, I have never owned a nitro 4x4 truck or cars, only electric. I am ready to venture into the nitro 4x4 truck world. My only problem is which one. Traxxas revo 3.3 with a small block engine or a Duratrac Warhead with a big block engine. I have done a lot of reading on both. But I can not decide. So I will let the amount of replies to one or the other be the deciding factor. when all the smoke settles, I will own one or the other.

Thanks all and Good day
Old 03-19-2006, 08:36 AM
jigly

I got a warhead yesterday. On the second tank (still in a flat parking lot) I hit the brakes and nothing....THe front trans half snapped where the brakes are. I got a longer screw and rigged it up so I could finish breaking it in, all of a sudden it had no steering. I figured a screw fell out but no. THe steering arm is snapped[:@] Not even through 2 tanks and had 2 bad breaks. I hope it's just a fluke but I'm pretty pissed right now[]
Old 03-19-2006, 08:02 PM
Ezydusit

Nope, not a fluke, more like par for the course for the Duratrash Wart-hog! Oh well, stuck with it too myself. Trying to get up and running, only a gallon through mine and have broken, servo saver, shock towers, motor mount and the e clip fell off the clutch causing a problem, all this from running around a flat parking lot with small bumps and jumps!! Gotta love the down time, it gives me time for other things. LOL Despite all this, I kinda still like it. Glutton for punishment I guess, and I hope one day it will be a winner, not a wiener. Hang in there!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:42 PM
jigly

ORIGINAL: Ezydusit

Nope, not a fluke, more like par for the course for the Duratrash Wart-hog! Oh well, stuck with it too myself. Trying to get up and running, only a gallon through mine and have broken, servo saver, shock towers, motor mount and the e clip fell off the clutch causing a problem, all this from running around a flat parking lot with small bumps and jumps!! Gotta love the down time, it gives me time for other things. LOL Despite all this, I kinda still like it. Glutton for punishment I guess, and I hope one day it will be a winner, not a wiener. Hang in there!

Great.......I heard and read some good articles about it but none mentioned breakage. I'm a CNC programmer/machinist so I'm going to stick with it and just remake everything that breaks out of alluminum. No wonder they have a good warranty on parts.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Nightmair

I bought a WH and a Revo...broke in the WH first..it did all the horrible stuff they warned about in the threads....so I broke in my Revo and I am more than impressed by Traxxas, the EZ start system alone is worth buying a Traxxas...no glow starter, pull cords or starter box to worry about! The 2.5 is so stable and relaible...

I ran my Revo no problms until too dark to run anymore...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:10 AM
ashburg

Why didn't you get the Revo 3.3?

ORIGINAL: Nightmair

I bought a WH and a Revo...broke in the WH first..it did all the horrible stuff they warned about in the threads....so I broke in my Revo and I am more than impressed by Traxxas, the EZ start system alone is worth buying a Traxxas...no glow starter, pull cords or starter box to worry about! The 2.5 is so stable and relaible...

I ran my Revo no problms until too dark to run anymore...
Old 04-17-2006, 11:50 PM
hudsons

I too bought a WarHead...I'm not impressed. It ran like crap from tank one and wouldn't stay under 300 degrees when not running to rich. It was either run with fuel blowing out of the tuned pipe at 20 mph or 35 mph at 325 degrees. Needless to say mine is back at Duratrash right now. I'm trying to get them to send me a new one. We'll see how that turns out. I ended up buying a Traxxas S-Maxx just to run while I'm fixing the WartHead. I haven't gotten it yet, but to heck with that pull starter. I wanted something that didn't take 10 minutes and 4 blisters to start.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:08 AM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Warhead Vs. Revo? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had a WH. Nothing but trouble....A kids toy......
Old 07-26-2006, 01:40 PM
RustyBoy

i have both a revo and a warhead and i go all the way with the warhead. one because it really is insanly fast and durable, never broke a part(pretty amazing since i take it of huge jumps and hills). love it so mutch i'm selling my revo, anyone want it. (i didnt think so)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.