RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

savage?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 PM
aero528
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage?

i have a XXX-NT and i love it. i might have some $$ coming in (about 400-500)and i was wondering if i should get a savage or not. the XXX-NT is my first truck but i have some experiance building before that. i was thinking about the savage ss, but then what radio would i put in it? my parents also say i can have only one off road, so i would have to get rid of my XXX-NT. how much do you think i could get for a good condition xxx-nt arr(no tx and rx)with some slight hop ups? i would use the tx and rx in my savage. i would really like to build this truck. i would also like to spend a reasonbale amount(around 200-300) on this. i have all the extras(fuel, glow ignighter, ect...). i like to jump my xxx-nt and just genarly have fun with it off road. i also like to run it up and down my street. would a savage be good for this? what other truck would be good? thanks!
Old 10-21-2004, 06:22 PM
aero528

Default RE: savage?

anybody?
Old 10-21-2004, 07:09 PM
supernova803

The savage has great power on and off road but can be annoying to tune and very hard to work on. The stock diffs are trash so you get an SS put the 4 gear spyder mod in it. Also get an air filter(I run thge CEN Genesis air filter) and pipe(I've got a hot bodies). Overall pretty good, but the tires balloon up a ton on road.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:32 PM
aero528

how much for the diffs? why woudl i need a new pipe? one more question, why is it very hard to work on? thanks!
Old 10-22-2004, 11:23 AM
SH ByA

the set up on the savage makes it a pain to take the motor out of. but the truck itself is a blast. The durability is great and its a great basher. like Nova said you should get the SS. it does come in kit form but it has the heavy duty parts needed. plus if you're going to use you old radio you will be good there. all in all I have loved mine. it's been a great truck.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Tnx_4_life

IF you get a savage get SS, has a ncie pipe with it. I didnt know bout those heavy duty parts tho, which are they??? the savage is a reallly good truck. But if your LHS doesnt support HPI(which is highly unlikey) u shouldnt get it. if u break something that will be kinda annoying getting new parts for it.

Tim
Old 10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
aero528

mu lhs supports hpi, so that is not a problem. it takes me about 2-3 weeks to get a prt for my xxx-nt right now, which is really annoying. i owuld like to get the ss, just becasue of the hop ups and i would like to build the truck. i have heard that it is very durable, which is good for me. thanks for the help! arethere any other trucks that i should consider?(sorry, but i am not buying a traxxas, so no revo or tmaxx)
Old 10-22-2004, 02:36 PM
neil.jb

ORIGINAL: SH ByA

the set up on the savage makes it a pain to take the motor out of.

its hardly a pain to take out the 4 bolts that hold the engine to the mount is it? i can take my engine out and replace it in less that 2 mins
Old 10-22-2004, 03:18 PM
aero528

i guess that works. if i get the $$, than i am going to get the ss. thanks guys!