RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

DIRTBURNERS, MT RACE, SUNDAY

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 09:50 PM
XSiVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DIRTBURNERS, MT RACE, SUNDAY

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Its a points series race. You have to make it to 6 of the 8 races to be eligible for the prize. It is a cash payout. Which will be a portion of the money brought in from the race. Im getting pretty hooked on racing. I'm gonna try some things with the Revo, then get in a couple hours practice this week sometime. The TNX looked good. I really cant judge it anymore than that, without actually driving it. Bring it to a practice night, and i'll run some laps with it. Thats really the only way i can judge that truck. Or any for that matter.

when are the practice nights? I would like to get some laps in under non competition circumstances
Old 10-24-2004, 09:51 PM
ThermalRD

It was an awesome time. This forum has helped bring together some good locals for me at that track. My long time close friends just simply never make it to the track. Running alone kinda sucks. At the rate were going, we'll have a great group of MT racers at DB's this year. However, Sandors and I really gotta pick a new pit area. Ours is really dangerous.

ORIGINAL: bkmademedoit

you guys sound like you have a blast. i wish there was that amount of interest around here.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:51 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

does it have to be 6 races in a row?, i might let you drive the tnx, and possibly help tune it, seeing how i kept stalling, just dont break anything. racing, i gotta admit is fun, even when you loose. i too am gonna try out new things with my tnx.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:53 PM
ThermalRD

The sheet i have in front of me says Monday, Thrusday, and Friday are open nitro practice. However, they said the Nitro guys are getting bigger, and they might give us a Wednesday too. I'll talk to them this week. If they have a practice wednesday night, thats most likely when i'll go. If not, i'll get there Thursday.

ORIGINAL: XSiVE

Its a points series race. You have to make it to 6 of the 8 races to be eligible for the prize. It is a cash payout. Which will be a portion of the money brought in from the race. Im getting pretty hooked on racing. I'm gonna try some things with the Revo, then get in a couple hours practice this week sometime. The TNX looked good. I really cant judge it anymore than that, without actually driving it. Bring it to a practice night, and i'll run some laps with it. Thats really the only way i can judge that truck. Or any for that matter.

when are the practice nights? I would like to get some laps in under non competition circumstances
Old 10-24-2004, 09:55 PM
tamiya08

lol how many times did that buggy fly over that wall?

It was an awesome time. This forum has helped bring together some good locals for me at that track. My long time close friends just simply never make it to the track. Running alone kinda sucks. At the rate were going, we'll have a great group of MT racers at DB's this year. However, Sandors and I really gotta pick a new pit area. Ours is really dangerous.

ORIGINAL: bkmademedoit

you guys sound like you have a blast. i wish there was that amount of interest around here.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:16 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

There were 2 near falls...

1 was a buggy flying right at "Matts".....he had to duck and roll to aviod it. It was at the end of the staright away. Then later in the day a few feet away, another buggy cam flying off the track even faster, and just missed the truggy guy and NAILLLLED his toolbox. Literially a foot away from his hear. It scared the the s&%t out of him...he had his back turned as he was watching the lions on his little TV!

Hey "Matts"...its SANDOR, not Sandors (thats my 1st name, but alot of people thing Its my last name so they add an "S")

BTW.....rumor has it the grand prize is over 1000s dollars.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:20 PM
tamiya08

jeez, they need to move those pit areas to some where else. holy crap 1000 dollars for a grand prize is sweet.

ORIGINAL: elite

1 was a buggy flying right at "Matts".....he had to duck and roll to aviod it. It was at the end of the staright away. Then later in the day a few feet away, another buggy cam flying off the track even faster, and just missed the truggy guy and NAILLLLED his toolbox. Literially a foot away from his hear. It scared the the s&%t out of him...he had his back turned as he was watching the lions on his little TV!

Hey "Matts"...its SANDOR, not Sandors (thats my 1st name, but alot of people thing Its my last name so they add an "S")

Old 10-24-2004, 10:26 PM
ThermalRD

Sorry Sandor, i'll get it right one of these days.. Ya, that buggy was deadly all day. Man, if that buggy would have hit that guy in the head, he woulda been DONE!!!! That thing was flying man....Literally!!! I'll NEVER turn my back at that pit area again. There were 3 times i counted today where a buggy came off the track at that spot. There was also a savage that did the same thing today. Tip of the day! "Let off the throttle BEFORE you reach the end of the straight"
Old 10-24-2004, 10:42 PM
tamiya08

well is there race next weekend? week days arent rly good for me.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:51 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, at it stands the gas races are every Sunday. If they change it to a weeknight, they have to vote on it.
ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

well is there race next weekend? week days arent rly good for me.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:52 PM
tamiya08

any one going?
Old 10-24-2004, 11:03 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, i'll be there. I gotta make 6 of the 8 to qualify for cash payout. Im going to try for all 8. When the points series is over, i'll be done racing until another points series starts up, or a big kahuna race, or the state champs.

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

any one going?
Old 10-25-2004, 12:10 AM
elite

OOPS....I think there are supposed to be more teeth there, not sure though

Old 10-25-2004, 06:47 AM
XSiVE

..wow I guess I should have stayed longer for all the action.. how late did all the races run until
Old 10-25-2004, 09:15 AM
binaryterror

Races probably went past just 6 for all those buggies.

I'd like to see a different layout or something, with all those buggy guys it is a pain to get a good day in without ending up there all day.

RE: Truggies: I think ThermalRD showed truggies mean nothing and it's all about driver, but that being said I'm sure alot of other people think he needs to go. My concern is...well I own an XTM Mammoth with is truley a truggy...does that mean I'm banned or forced to run with him only?

RE: Hacks/Flying Buggies: I think we need to talk to the DB guys, that corner needs something. Sure it only happened a handful of times and mainly by 1 driver (2 vehicles, his buggy a few times and his TMAXX once). He should be warned (his lacking "Sorry Guys" was meaningless) about things like this and if he can't control things he might want to change his lines or suspension. The pit space is growing tighter every race so far, so we need for sure some how safe guard our pit area, unless we plan to get there at door opening to get a new spot.

RE: Racers: I think the MT class is the odd ball, most other classes are filled with racers and race that vehicle only, us MT guys do it all and some of the driving showed that. From the Qualifying video you can see the Orange/White SuperMaxx would get mad that Matt passed him and then try his best to get around him, instead of thinking about the clock. Sandor is doing well, new bumper/body and definately tires he'll be up there.

Video soon!
Old 10-25-2004, 10:59 AM
ThermalRD

BT, thats funny you mention that super maxx. That guy was furious about the Revo. I could take him on the straight, and in the turns. He was NOT happy about that at all.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:20 PM
tamiya08

well, i didnt get out of MT A-MAINS until __:____?? cant remeber. but the a main was 15min. b main 12 min? and c main 6min. so roulghy around 7, 730 when it was over

ORIGINAL: XSiVE

..wow I guess I should have stayed longer for all the action.. how late did all the races run until
Old 10-25-2004, 01:32 PM
elite

binary..

where is the video, im dying to see it
Old 10-25-2004, 01:38 PM
tamiya08

about the flying buggys, if the buggys are not flying to high up over that wall, i was thinking, they should buy some tubing for it.
explanation:
start it off with a 90 degree tube, mount it right to the top of a wall or maybe it might need to be even higher. then take the pipe about 2 inches out into the track, then mount a T pipe onto that, do this about every foot then connect them at the T joints.
my feeling is it will not stop speculators from watching, or turning over the car, but it will keep your car in.

here is my design, the pipe is represented in blue.
any one kno how you get a paint pic supported?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:23 PM
binaryterror

any one kno how you get a paint pic supported?
You need to save it as an .jpg or .gif for the web. Web sites hate .bmp files.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:27 PM
binaryterror

binary..

where is the video, im dying to see it
I'm trying man...work has me totally slammed...plus I got my review today and got no raise at all, so needless to say I've been looking for jobs at my current job (ahhh the feeling).

PS Any Michigan people need to hire me?
Old 10-25-2004, 02:38 PM
tamiya08

thank you, i quickly figured out how to change it
the pipe, is represented in blue
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78976.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	186577  
Old 10-25-2004, 02:59 PM
XSiVE

btw tamia, I noticed you had pretty good control of your truck's rotation over that triple jump, Im impressed.. its the only truck I actually saw drastically change angles while in the air.... other than the ones that went flying and spinning out of control.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:04 PM
ThermalRD

That buggy flew off the track without hitting the side of the track at all. He literally was going too fast, sharp turn, and threw himself into a traction roll right into the air. The only wall that buggy hit was the wall behind, as it bounced off, and nearly took out the Kyosho truggy owner. If they want to prevent that from happening, that corner at the end of the straight will need a board, similar to a hockey arena.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:17 PM
binaryterror

I dunno Xsive, being there and watching the MT main and being in the pit area (better view of the triple landing) I'd say ThermalRD does a good job as well...he is just so fluid...makes me not even want to race him for first, maybe battle for second

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.