Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What Truck Do You Think Is Better The Team Losi LST or the HPI Savage .25

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum
View Poll Results: A poll
Team Losi LST
45.16%
HPI Savage .25
50.00%
Other(Let me know what your preferance is)
4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

What Truck Do You Think Is Better The Team Losi LST or the HPI Savage .25

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 01:44 AM
jjm88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Truck Do You Think Is Better The Team Losi LST or the HPI Savage .25

Team Losi LST or Savage.25 Which one do you all prefer?
Old 11-27-2004, 11:45 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: What Truck Do You Think Is Better The Team Losi LST or the HPI Savage .25

savage do to it's DURABILITY
Old 11-27-2004, 11:46 AM
ICrashThings

Default RE: What Truck Do You Think Is Better The Team Losi LST or the HPI Savage .25

Savage because........It has less problems.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:47 AM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

RIGHT ON MY BROTHER
Old 11-27-2004, 12:06 PM
jjm88

I myself the creater of the poll also like the savage but how much durability does the LST have?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:09 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

anybody here have a savage? i might be picking one up soon, and want to kno, what parts should you upgrade before you put it out into the track?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:23 PM
ScMc

what parts should you upgrade before you put it out into the track?
If you're going to try to make a Savage race-worthy, don't even get one, it's way more trouble than it's worth. Awesome basher, horrible racer. Doesn't your tnx work fine on the track anyways TamiyaKid?

Jim, out of those two, definately go Savage if you want a solid basher. That BLT or whatever it is works best on the track but have fun replacing parts.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Kemo

LOSI LST, better performer than the Savage. Its bash worthy and extremely race worthy.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:27 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LST is an all around better value. It's bigger, faster, handles better, has a more powerful engine, has more gearing range, and includes awesome radio gear, but it cost alot more.

The Savage .21 is probably the most durable R/C truck of all time, but from all I've read, the Savage .25 has just as many out-of-the-box issues as the LST.

They're both awesome trucks, it might come down to what you can afford.
Old 11-27-2004, 06:37 PM
jjm88

True, very true, what I can afford does play a part in this. I'm not rich and my parents don't have loads of money either so I have to wait till christmas and then till my birthday and somehow end up with 450 or 500 dollars so yes what I might afford is the Savage. On christmas I might get 250 or so and 200 from my grandma and maybe I can sell my paintball gun which is worth 280 and 100 for my birthday so maybe I might be able to go with the LST. But all have to sell my soul to get it.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:14 PM
jet6619

I have a savage its my favorit truck, but there are some problems with it. If I had another chance to buy a truck and had to choose between a savage or lst , I will still go with savage.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:23 PM
jefx

You really can't go wrong with a Savage. It's a proven product, especially for the price. If you can afford the LST, it's a better value overall.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:03 PM
mr-rccrazy

I chose savage just because I have good experiences with the savages, they are very very solid trucks, the only real flaws are a slightly underpowered engine *(fixed with porting ) and the differentials do not stand up to hard running, (4 spider gear mod, costs like 10 bucks, check on hpi site). I have heard that the LST's have may problems, one of them being the differentials. So, I would not be able to make a valid judgement unless I also owned a LST, I am guessing they are both pretty good trucks.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:06 PM
mr-rccrazy

oh, by the way, team losi, IMO, should have fixed all the bugs on the LST, I mean seriously, the truck costs like 600 bucks!!! I would want it to be a solid truck for 600 bucks, I have talked to many people who have the LST and just dislike that it seems to break a lot.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:31 PM
jefx

Losi has addressed some of the problems that the early batches of trucks had. If you were to get one right now, you'd want to get the aluminum diff cases ($10), the secondary gear cover ($5), some stronger clutch springs (under $5), and the backplate shim needs to be removed to prevent engine trouble. For $20 the LST can be made to be as durable as the rest. Really, there are just as many out-of-the-box issues with the Savage 25 as there are with the LST.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:39 PM
mr-rccrazy

yes i know the savage has just as many issues, but, for 600 bucks, I would expect there to be less problems than a 350.00 truck, wouldn't you??? BTW, I was talkin to thermalrd, and he was talking about the secondary gear cover and he was sort of disappointed. It comes with tape to cover any cracks or holes..... TAPE, lol.
Old 11-27-2004, 10:10 PM
BrotherBjork
My Feedback: (60)

Save the extra money and get the LST... If you do have problems Losi an Horizon both provide excellent support. In my experience the LST is a much tougher truck than the Savage anyway... and if you think about it you're actually buying a much better rx/tx with the LST, not paying that much more for the truck.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: mr-rccrazy

yes i know the savage has just as many issues, but, for 600 bucks, I would expect there to be less problems than a 350.00 truck, wouldn't you??? BTW, I was talkin to thermalrd, and he was talking about the secondary gear cover and he was sort of disappointed. It comes with tape to cover any cracks or holes..... TAPE, lol.

You can get a Savage .25 KIT for $320 from Tower with no servos ,no radio and once you're done outfitting it you'll be right close to the $600 mark with equal gear.Besides LST's can be had for less than list price ya just gotta ask.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:09 AM
jefx

ORIGINAL: mr-rccrazy

The Savage is a great choice for the money. It's just that the LST is a better overall value, if you can afford it. You'd think that for $600 it'd be perfect, but that's not the case. No car is perfect. You'd think that for $23,000, my full size pick-up would be perfect, but it's already had a new tranny and drive shaft replaced. You're gonna experience problems with anything mechanical that you buy.

The Losi secondary gear cover is a little cheesy, but it's $5! I mean come on, $5! What do you expect for 5 bucks. It may need the included tape but it gets the job done. Being critical about a part that costs $5 is just splitting hairs, don't ya think? If you want something better, there's a guy on the Bay selling aluminum secondary covers that don't need tape, but you'll spend more than 5 bucks for it.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:11 AM
mr-rccrazy

I am just demonstrating that I would expect more from team losi.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:15 AM
jefx

I don't know. Mine has exceeded all my expectations, but then again, I don't expect anything to be perfect. It'd be nice if you could, but the world just doesn't work like that.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Will239

LST
Old 11-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Savage_Dias

I have a Savage & I might get a LST for Christmas. I love my Savage everytime I run it. I've put it through all kinds of hell & I've had VERY few breaks. If mine disappeared, I'd buy another Savage without question.

jefx... What out of the bix problems are you talking about? I know the air filter is weak but it's not a have to replace type thing. The wheels strip eventually & the steering servo is weak but I can't think of any other problems I've had or heard about.

I've heard of a lot of problems with the LST. My LHS owner is even talking about a total recall of all LSTs (thread in LST forum). I'm pretty sure he's full of it but the price is the only thing keeping me from justifying it as a Christmas gift.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: Savage_Dias

I've heard of a lot of problems with the LST. My LHS owner is even talking about a total recall of all LSTs (thread in LST forum). I'm pretty sure he's full of it but the price is the only thing keeping me from justifying it as a Christmas gift.

I talked to my lhs ...a Certified Losi Dealer and repair station about the "recall" due to your post in the LST forum .All I heard was laughter and then was told there's no such thing.Your LHS owner is on crack IMHO
Old 11-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Savage_Dias

I already knew he was on something but I thought it was from absorbing the cocaine on all the money he receives. Thanks for the info Pinolelst!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.