Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Servo Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 10:02 PM
ScMc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Question

Hey guys, i was wondering what throttle/brake and steering servos you guys would reccomend. I dont want to spend like 100 dollars for each servo, because that's rediculous and my g/f would kill me

I am looking for servos around 60 dollars each give or take, possible in the 70 range. One of course has to have around 130-140 oz. of torque for steering and the other has to be pretty quick and maybe a little torquey for the brake function.

I was looking at the Hitec servos but they all say something about programming them... Do i have to program the servo before i use it??

Thanks a lot guys for any help you can give me.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:09 PM
Tyler24

Default RE: Servo Question

i'm not sure what servos i have, they came with my remote, but i got 1 high torqe, and 1 regular for my truck, the high torqe servo was around $60, i don't think the servo for the braking really matters that much so i just went with the regular... but i'm still in the process of building my MT so...
Old 12-05-2004, 10:14 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: Tyler24

i'm not sure what servos i have
lol, thanks for your contribution... Anyone else?
Old 12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Texdav

I am using the airtronic 94358 for steering and a old 94257 for throttle. Hitec has some new servo that by price should be better than there other servos. At least they have brass gear shaft supports like highend Airt;JR and KO servos.Time will tell if the are any good. JR has a new servo with like 280 in oz torque with decent speed. One thing I won't do is use a ditigal servo for brake/throttle unless you use a spring on brake as ditigals can take any stalling without frying pretty quickly.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
neil.jb

any old servo will do for your throttle/brake, you would be much better off spending the most you can on a good steering servo,
Old 12-06-2004, 01:00 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

scmc, I use hitech hs645mg servos in all my rc trucks. The put out about 130 oz at 6 volts, are metal geared and the best part, they only cost about $45.00 us each. I have yet to break one. I use them for the throttle/brake as well as steering.... What a huge difference over stock without the cost of digitals... Unless you are racing, the digitals are just too expensive!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 04:18 PM
LST2004

I like the JR 590s. They cost around $54. I think they only put out 85oz of torque.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:18 PM
SCHLEPP
My Feedback: (1)

Use a JR z650 for steering, much better performance than others in the price range you're looking at. Good luck
Old 12-06-2004, 05:23 PM
**MilkMachine**

look at the servo that comes stock in the MGT. i forgot what its called. if you go to www.towerhobbies.com and type in MGT im sure it will pop up somewere. its only a 15.00 servo but has like 30 o.z. of torqe. consider it. its a nice servo. (i have them all around)
Old 12-06-2004, 08:14 PM
ScMc

its only a 15.00 servo but has like 30 o.z. of torqe. consider it. its a nice servo.
Why are you telling me to consider buying one of the crappiest servos in the R/c industry? I really hope you were joking. And if you have those things "all the way around" like you said, doesn't driving in a straight line get old after a while?
Old 12-06-2004, 08:19 PM
**MilkMachine**

calm down, dont have an anraism! lol. i was telling you its a good servo for the money. if you dont want advice dont ask ok buddy!
and no i love on road and im sure that alot of other people prefer it more then offroad to. so i would keep that comment on the downlow!
Old 12-07-2004, 01:38 AM
ScMc

I didnt mean to come off angry dude, It's just that I've been searching for the right servo for days, and I have yet to find one with less torque than the one you showed.

Quote : "if you have those things 'all the way around' like you said, doesn't driving in a straight line get old after a while?"

If you have these things "all-around" it means you have one for steering... 30 oz of torque is truly a very small amount to turn a pair of tires... Hence the "doesn't driving in a straight line get old after a while?" comment. It didn't have anything to do with on-road cars
Old 12-07-2004, 09:27 AM
**MilkMachine**

AH, wow, i took that the way it wasnt supposed to go. lol sorry, now i feel stupid. and to tell you the truth i tottaly forgot this is the moster truck form. i though it was the nitro onroad. lol. but yea no thats not a great servo for a moster truck. but it is very quick and is great with onroad. here, this is a servo i used in my sportmaxx. it worked like a charm, give it a look!

this is a good steering servo
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ89&P=ML

its still on the cheaper side but its a hella nice servo. and here is another one if you really want some action!

and this is a good trottle servo
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDWF8&P=7

thats not the best servo,but the medal gear upgrade will help you in the long run. plus 100 oz torqe is plenty of torqe for a throttle servo. and .25 seconds is a zippy 60 degree turn.

well i hoped that helped

sorry for the confusion!

Andrew
Old 12-07-2004, 11:40 AM
ScMc

Haha, no problem dude. Thanks for the links.