LSTGUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TNX vs LOSI LST

Have a good time!
Old 12-09-2004, 12:48 AM
Will239

He ScMc your truck looks awesome! Are they maxx masher tyres? Oh i too have chosen the TNX
Old 12-09-2004, 05:25 AM
ScMc

Awesome to hear you guys are choosing TNX's. At this rate, maybe we will start to see some aftermarket support in the near future? Hope so... Anyways, Yah, those are Maxx Masher 40 series with 40 series velocity rims. Also on the truck are traxxas big bore shocks. I just ordered around 530 dollars worth of stuff for this truck (not because I had to, but because I can) And I'll tell you what, this truck is going to be a BEAST sometime around Christmas I'll be sure to post pics for for my fellow TNX'ers. Thanks guys for the support. ScMc[8D]
Old 12-09-2004, 07:53 AM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

There are two concerns i have with a TNX. Lack of support, and stock shocks. Stock shocks are an easy fix. Lack of support is not an easy fix. TNX owners have been begging Tamiya to do something, with no luck. I've had my share of problems with the LST, and overcome most of them. There is HUGE support for Losi, by Losi, and just about everybody else out there. If i were choosing between the two, i'd still take my LST.
There is plenty of after market support fot the TNX, I wish you would stop saying there isn't! Do you even own one? What parts are you looking for that you can't find?
Old 12-09-2004, 10:26 AM
Ramirez24

As far as tracking down parts for the TNX, it looks like TOWER carrys every stock part I would need. Neweramodels.com carries a good assortment of good quality hop ups. As far as suspension,wheels and tires for the TNX you have Pro-Line racing. How much so called aftermarket upgrades do you really need ?
Old 12-09-2004, 11:24 AM
ScMc

There is a little support for it... But not like the Revo or the Tmaxx or the other more popular monsters. Like the rd quickturn for the revo, mods like that would be cool for the TNX. See what I mean? I really wish more people had TNXs though.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:57 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: Ramirez24

As far as tracking down parts for the TNX, it looks like TOWER carrys every stock part I would need. Neweramodels.com carries a good assortment of good quality hop ups. As far as suspension,wheels and tires for the TNX you have Pro-Line racing. How much so called aftermarket upgrades do you really need ?

i guess some of the disappointment comes from not seeing many hopups for the tnx actually coming from tamiya. i see alot of... "will this tmaxx part fit on my tnx?" IMHO i think that sucks ass but i'm still 110% happy with my tnx. i've had 1 thing break on me which was a shock retainer but that was a $3 fix. a friend of mine has an LST and for the life of us we couldn't understand why it wouldn't start out of the box. he brought it to losi to check it out and they found out that it came with a f'ed up pipe. blowing through it was like blowing air into a brick... it aint happennin'. but they hooked him up with a new pipe and after break in that thing was flyin'. i'm not saying that all LST's have problems but that was just my friends experience.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:06 PM
ScMc

LOL, that sucks... Good to hear he got it runnin' though! Kali, how do u like your TNX?
Old 12-09-2004, 03:26 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Razoo

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

There are two concerns i have with a TNX. Lack of support, and stock shocks. Stock shocks are an easy fix. Lack of support is not an easy fix. TNX owners have been begging Tamiya to do something, with no luck. I've had my share of problems with the LST, and overcome most of them. There is HUGE support for Losi, by Losi, and just about everybody else out there. If i were choosing between the two, i'd still take my LST.
There is plenty of after market support fot the TNX, I wish you would stop saying there isn't! Do you even own one? What parts are you looking for that you can't find?
He probably also means taht some lhs dont carry the TNX or any parts for it. Mine doesn't.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
ScMc

Yah thats what I got out of it.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

My LHS doesn't carry parts for them either or for the Genesis, MGT or LST, seems like every month a new MT comes out and a small shop can't keep spares for all of them. I do most of my ordering on the net anyways so its not a big deal for me. I will agree thats its very disappointing that Tamiaya doesn't support this truck but then again they didn't support the Terra Crusher. I wish the TNX came with the LST's radio though!
Old 12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
ScMc

Yah, that would be a sweet deal, take the truck outta the TNX box and the radio out of the LST box, throw everything else in the boxes away, and you got yourself a SOLID SYSTEM! j/p guys
Old 12-09-2004, 04:48 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: ScMc

LOL, that sucks... Good to hear he got it runnin' though! Kali, how do u like your TNX?
i love my TNX... i run with a LTS, 2 savages & a mgt. stock, they were all trying to keep up with the TNX but since then the LST & MGT both have wasp .26's. we haven't ran together in a couple weeks cause it keeps rainning out here in cali but i've heard that those wasp's are fast as hell. i've got a OS cvrx with a big bore header and savage tuned pipe so i don't see why i shouldn't be able to still whoop 'em i'm still the only one out of us that wheelies on command. i don't got my sexy stock body on right now but i'm gunna be putting it on before i hit up tamiya's track. they might kick me out with the tacoma body (hpi body )

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40758.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	201126  
Old 12-09-2004, 05:38 PM
rscharp

Sorry SM for not getting back to you sooner. To tell you the truth, I love all my trucks equally. (at times i do get mad at each tho, they are like children LOL)

I use the savage to beat the hell out of.

I use the Stadium Maxx for just driving around doing speed runs and doing some racing (NO JUMPING) there is too much to break.

I use the TNX for racing/bashing/driving. this truck does everything well. It can jump extremely well, just not as well as my savage, but what can?

As long as you do research on a truck and do some reading, anyone can pick a perfect truck for themselves.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:20 AM
LOSILST
My Feedback: (-1)

HI, GO WITH THE LOSI LST. THE TAMIYA IS A JUNK AND NO COMPARRISION TO THE LOSI. THE TAMIYA HAS JUNK SHOCKS, AND ARE NON ADJUSTABLE, AND THEY BREAK. THE TNX ALSO HAS SOME JUNK OS SMALLBLOCK. THE LOSI IS A BIG BLOCK WITH SHOCKS THE SIZE OF CANNONS. I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE MANY MT'S LOSI IS BY FAR THE BEST RACE TRUCK OUT THERE.

I have narrowed my next truck down to these two ? Any feedback on either one would be appreciated. Have concerns on LST because of back orders on parts if needed and bugs still being worked out on this NEW Truck. As far as TNX, I have not seen too much negative feedback, so I am leaning toward the TNX. Other than the shocks on the TNX, is there any other weak points about this truck. How is the radio that comes with the TNX, would I need to upgrade ?
Old 12-13-2004, 01:35 AM
KaliFormuLA

I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND....
[X(] you da man!! now are you done metally masterbating??? calm down and tell ramirez what's the pros and cons of your LST and your opinion will be noted.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 AM
KaliFormuLA

any LST owners got a good and interesting opinion on this subject? please help out your buddy.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:02 AM
KaliFormuLA

THE TNX ALSO HAS SOME JUNK OS SMALLBLOCK
LOL... did you just put OS and JUNK in the same sentence?? did you drop out of 1st grade to start racing for 7 yrs?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:48 AM
ScMc

LMAO!! Im sure he's been racing 7 years....
Old 12-13-2004, 05:38 PM
Roboracer

Is there a reverse avalible for the TNX?
Just curious...
Old 12-13-2004, 06:02 PM
KaliFormuLA

ORIGINAL: Roboracer

Is there a reverse avalible for the TNX?
Just curious...
i heard you can put reverse on the tnx but it seems like everyone stays away from it because they wanna keep it as light as they can... some also say it's useless.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
ScMc

Reverse is crap! All it does is slow your truck down. Would you rather drive slower than you're capable of 99% of the time and be able to use reverse when u need it 1% of the time? Or would you rather be able to drive at 100% possible speed 100% of the time. I like the second one...
Old 12-13-2004, 09:27 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: LOSILST

HI, GO WITH THE LOSI LST. THE TAMIYA IS A JUNK AND NO COMPARRISION TO THE LOSI. THE TAMIYA HAS JUNK SHOCKS, AND ARE NON ADJUSTABLE, AND THEY BREAK. THE TNX ALSO HAS SOME JUNK OS SMALLBLOCK. THE LOSI IS A BIG BLOCK WITH SHOCKS THE SIZE OF CANNONS. I HAVE BEEN RACING FOR 7 YEARS AND HAVE MANY MT'S LOSI IS BY FAR THE BEST RACE TRUCK OUT THERE.

I have narrowed my next truck down to these two ? Any feedback on either one would be appreciated. Have concerns on LST because of back orders on parts if needed and bugs still being worked out on this NEW Truck. As far as TNX, I have not seen too much negative feedback, so I am leaning toward the TNX. Other than the shocks on the TNX, is there any other weak points about this truck. How is the radio that comes with the TNX, would I need to upgrade ?
lol tamiya, junk, i dont think so.

lets think back at what each truck comes stock with, hmmm the tnx comes stock with ADJUSTABLE shocks, just not treaded, if you want it threaded, the LST doesnt come with threaded bodies either. junk , OS small block??? hell no. that thing could keep up with a stock LST. HAVE YOU EVEN HAD A TNX??????? im guessing not
Old 12-13-2004, 09:33 PM
ScMc

TK, dont worry about him, he's obviously totally new to this hobby and just wants some attention or something.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:35 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

lol.. i kno, just sick of seeing how some of these LST owners say they dominate the competion, its all about your driving skill. that guy should go back to the LST forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.