RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OFNA Titan Twin

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 05:22 PM
d71889b
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFNA Titan Twin

Is the OFNA Titan Twin any good? Im looking for a durable fairly cheap twin monster truck.

thanks
Dave
Old 03-12-2005, 02:45 AM
crazysavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFNA Titan Twin

I just picked up a titan twin. I got it for doing about $175 worth of work for the hobbyshop I work at. I did a little carpentry for the owner and sent the truck my way because they were not selling well. I got the version that has the grey anodized chassis and the rest of the aluminum parts are polished. It looks sharp. I have two ofna buggies so I am familiar with the way ofna does things and I must say that this product was built well. Nothing came loose during break in except a glow plug and that was my fault. The force .26 engines do not make that much power with the tiny carbs they use but with two of them the power is just breathtaking. The diffs seem stronger than what people are saying but there is very little grease in them and that caused the truck to pull one side during take off. This caused me to clip a curb and scrape up the chrome wheels pretty good. The small amount of grease in the diffs did not bother me because all diffs should be run easy during break in and then cleaned out very well and reassembled with diff fluid, I used 30,000 weight in the front and 50,000 in the rear. This made the truck handle like it was on rails. The truck jumps flat and all you have to do is be easy on the trigger and you can make it do all that a Savage will do except super monster jumps. I just get the feeling that this truck could not handle the abuse I give my Savage but it can take 85 percent of it and that is enough for me. I love it so far.