Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

good MGT power setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 07:38 AM
MrGame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good MGT power setup

well i've got an O.S RGX that i'm gonna put in, but i need to get the new era mount for it, and i know i want to mount the exhaust through the side, but what's a good pipe/air filter combo for it?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:21 PM
dakamat

Default RE: good MGT power setup

First, you don't have to buy the new era engine mount with this engine. I've put a Fantom .27 in mine with the stock engine mount and it's work very well.

Second, just buy the Team associated factory side manifold and buy a Fantom WORK pipe, they have one specialy built for the MGT, and more, this pipe is in steel, and not in aluminium.

For the air cleaner, i use motor saver filter part number 151660. www.motorsaver.com

Steel is better to dissipated heat an sound wave.

Good luck and don't forget to bulletproof your tranny
Old 12-18-2004, 12:35 PM
toto67

How can u bulletproof the MGT tranny?

Ciao
Old 12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Texdav

The stock air filter is about as good as any as long as the element is clen and use good foam air filter oil available at Motorcycle shops. The RG is a good lowend engine.I'd start stock. the 086 two piece pipe works good with that engine. If I were going to replace motor mounts as cast stock mount is pretty weak then I'd get the Nova 7075 aluminum mount. My experience with about three Rg's in buggies tells me you should eapect alittle more lowend but not much if anything on topend. It is a very good cheap motr and of course has a great OS carb that IMO are just the best.
Old 12-19-2004, 09:59 AM
dakamat

toto67, for the tranny, put the FOC (forward only conversion) in the tranny for better acceleration and less rotating mass.
The weakest point of the MGT tranny is the second speed gear. Buy a Traxxas T-MAXX second gear, it's identical. The only modif you have to do is to grind the slot for the shifting adjustement screw. She's not oriented in the good direction. A little Dremel pass and you put the gear in your tranny.

And an other thing, the aluminium outdrive on the tranny (the blue aluminium outdrive who hold the center driving shaft). With a bigger engine, the drive shaft pin have tendency to bit the aluminium.
Go with the MIP shinny center drive shaft. It's steel and tougher.

Good luck

Excuse my poor english, i'am french from Québec, Canada.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:41 AM
^^_FaWaZ_^^

i had the 24.7 pro xtm in my mgt for a month now and i didn't have any problems with the tranny considering that the 247 has massive TORQUE
Old 12-20-2004, 12:59 AM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

The weakest point of the MGT tranny is the second speed gear. Buy a Traxxas T-MAXX second gear, it's identical. The only modif you have to do is to grind the slot for the shifting adjustement screw.
thats cool... do you have a link to this part??? and also do you have a pic of the dremel cuts...