Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

thinking about an emaxx

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:29 PM
titan66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about an emaxx

al right so i have enought money to buy an emaxx but im woried about someone coming out with a new electric monster truck and i will kick myself for waiting are their any plans from any of the manufacturers to produce a new electric monster truck?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:48 PM
frozen

Default RE: thinking about an emaxx

The E Maxx will never be forgotten.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:08 PM
DarkSavageX

i want to get an emaxx.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:50 PM
ScMc

im ordering an emaxx probably on friday night!

It's too cold to run nitros up here in maine, so i need some crazy electric torque to fill in the gaps
Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 PM
titan66

how hard is it to get an emaxx ready to run in snow?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:56 PM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

same here guys, im getting my emaxx thursday, to water proof you can wrap your electronics in balloons, use plexidip or w.e it is.. or buy some saran wrap quick covers and just slide it over the chassis
Old 01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
titan66

i know about the servo and electronics but what about motors if you wrp them they overheat if you dont they will short out right?
Old 01-02-2005, 05:42 PM
DarkSavageX

il get an emaxx. once someone buys my savage!
Old 01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Roboracer

I know almost nothing about E-Maxx, but how long can stock batteries last? How is E-Maxx compared to T-Maxx in off-road driving?
Old 01-02-2005, 08:54 PM
cougartech67

Its not too hard. You will need to first protect your electronics on the Emaxx, mainly the steering and throttle servo's and the receiver. The easiest way is to get some Plasti Dip. This product can be found at most Home Depot Stores. You will dip the servo's and receiver into the Platic Dip, then let them hang dry. After its dried, you will have a durable plastic coating that protects them from water/snow damage. I just finished setting up one of my Emaxx trucks for the snow. I also purchased a set of Proline Paddle Tires, Can be found on Ebay for about $40 dollars. Tower Hobbies also carrys these tires for a little more, about $50 dollars. I also recommend a Roll Cage. These are getting cheaper these days. The Roll Cage is optional, just a preference of mine to protect the Emaxx from damage when rolling over, which happens often. Your main concern when playing in the Snow with your emaxx is to protect your electronics. Oh Yeah, Dont' forget the most important electronic item, your ESC Controller. I found a small tupperware container that fit my ESC perfectly. I sealed it with silicone sealant and made small holes in it for the wiring and power cords to connect to the 3300mah stick pack batteries. Emaxx's love to play in the snow. You also might lower your gear ratio, get a 72-tooth spur gear and 14 or 15 tooth pinion gears. That setup would give you more torque and less speed. But much better traction control in the snow. Anybody else have some suggestions for playing with Emaxx Trucks in the Snow? Have Fun
Old 01-02-2005, 09:00 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: Roboracer

I don't know almost nothing about E-Maxx, but how long can stock batteries last? How is E-Maxx compared to T-Maxx in off-road driving?
What do you mean stock batteries? The E-maxx does not come with batteries, you have to buy them seperately. Run time all depends on driving style and the quality of batteries. In my opinion, the E-maxx is overall a better offroader then the T-maxx due to it's massive amounts of torque from those titans. Sure, a stock t-maxx will beat a stock emaxx in a drag race (only on topend), but an emaxx will kill a t-maxx in a tug-of-war because of it's instant power. BTW, dont even try tugging an e-maxx around with any nitro truck, as it is horrible on your clutch! Plan on buying a new one if you try this.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:05 PM
ScMc

ORIGINAL: cougartech67

That setup would give you more torque and less speed. But much better traction control in the snow.
The second sentence is false information. An e-maxx with more torque than stock would not get better traction, since the wheels will spin quicker than normal. If anything, I would gear it for a little more speed so u dont spin the tires as much. Unless you're going to rock crawl in the snow, I dont suggest gearing for torque. I'd say keep the gearing the way it is.
Old 01-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Takedown
My Feedback: (23)

Yeah ScMc is right the lower you gear the truck the faster it accelerates but the slower it goes.
The higher the gearing the more top end speed but not much pull power or acceleration.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Roboracer

ORIGINAL: cougartech67

Its not too hard. You will need to first protect your electronics on the Emaxx, mainly the steering and throttle servo's and the receiver. The easiest way is to get some Plasti Dip. This product can be found at most Home Depot Stores. You will dip the servo's and receiver into the Platic Dip, then let them hang dry. After its dried, you will have a durable plastic coating that protects them from water/snow damage. I just finished setting up one of my Emaxx trucks for the snow. I also purchased a set of Proline Paddle Tires, Can be found on Ebay for about $40 dollars. Tower Hobbies also carrys these tires for a little more, about $50 dollars. I also recommend a Roll Cage. These are getting cheaper these days. The Roll Cage is optional, just a preference of mine to protect the Emaxx from damage when rolling over, which happens often. Your main concern when playing in the Snow with your emaxx is to protect your electronics. Oh Yeah, Dont' forget the most important electronic item, your ESC Controller. I found a small tupperware container that fit my ESC perfectly. I sealed it with silicone sealant and made small holes in it for the wiring and power cords to connect to the 3300mah stick pack batteries. Emaxx's love to play in the snow. You also might lower your gear ratio, get a 72-tooth spur gear and 14 or 15 tooth pinion gears. That setup would give you more torque and less speed. But much better traction control in the snow. Anybody else have some suggestions for playing with Emaxx Trucks in the Snow? Have Fun
Show us some pics!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Roboracer

ORIGINAL: ScMc

ORIGINAL: Roboracer

I don't know almost nothing about E-Maxx, but how long can stock batteries last? How is E-Maxx compared to T-Maxx in off-road driving?
What do you mean stock batteries? The E-maxx does not come with batteries, you have to buy them seperately. Run time all depends on driving style and the quality of batteries. In my opinion, the E-maxx is overall a better offroader then the T-maxx due to it's massive amounts of torque from those titans. Sure, a stock t-maxx will beat a stock emaxx in a drag race (only on topend), but an emaxx will kill a t-maxx in a tug-of-war because of it's instant power. BTW, dont even try tugging an e-maxx around with any nitro truck, as it is horrible on your clutch! Plan on buying a new one if you try this.
Ok, how about 3000 or 3300 batteries? Can you guess how long they will last? 10 mins. 20 mins. 30 mins?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:27 PM
ScMc

from a 3300 6 or 7 cell pack, I would say around 9-12 minutes, Possibly more if you have a gentle trigger finger.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Buzzbait

I have some pretty cheapo 3000mAH packs, and even those give me at least 15 or 20 minutes of run time, just bashing around the yard. Racing would probably produce lower run times.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:10 PM
ScMc

Yeah, upon second though, I would expect anywhere from 10-15 minutes. It really all depends on driving style though. Racing definatly drains packs faster.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:24 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

heres a thought,
towerhobbies has a 30 day return policy, you can always get the truck, then if a new one comes out, return in.

also

rcboyz.com has some super cheap 40 series wheels, and tires..check em out, i mean mambos 14 dollar
Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
EMaxxer05

My radio shack 2000HD's last me 20-25 minutes with a good peak charge on both. For tons of info on how the E-maxx stacks up against the T-maxx go to:

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articl...xas_emaxx4.asp