Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

ALl Titanium Traxxas Revo?!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:01 AM
co_alpine
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ALl Titanium Traxxas Revo?!!

maybe, if he had enough to drink that night, or was pointing out how dumb the monkey idea if he took the time to research it at all. I am not sure being one key stroke off (an "s" for a "d") would qualify for a dyslexic person if that is what your getting at. in the future, I will try to make sure I hit the Spell Check before I post, just for you.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:02 AM
rc10gt4master
My Feedback: (3)

all their products are aluminum with "titanium" color

i guess I will have to wait to hear back from HCR

"Crispy"
Old 01-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Ahab

I was actually trying to diffuse the tension and end a religious argument that will go nowhere with a play on words that has always amused me no end.

As a many thousand post veteran of the Athiest page on worldbeliefs.org i will happily counter any argument you care to throw me on PM - but not on someone elses topic on RCU.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:29 AM
ScMc

ahab, you got PM
Old 01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
rc10gt4master
My Feedback: (3)

anyone else with information?

"Crispy"
Old 01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
crusher03

the part where u said titanium is stronger that steal and lighter than aluminum is incorrect.
titamium is as strong as steal but not stronger, and I don't believe its lighter than aluminum
Old 01-05-2005, 07:26 AM
bamaracer0

Crusher is right, its lighter than steel, but heavier than alum. It's about just as strong as steel, and stronger than alum.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
William Q

I to would like an revo with some titanium on it, but not the whole truck. Guys I used to read RCU forums just to laugh at the flame wars and insults you'll say about one another but religion beliefs is taking it a little to far in a forum about an All titanium Traxxas Revo.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:32 AM
co_alpine
My Feedback: (35)

Come on, you don't think god would like to see a bling-bling revo
Old 01-05-2005, 03:55 PM
geofferama

ORIGINAL: co_alpine
Come on, you don't think god would like to see a bling-bling revo
would like to see?
What're you talking about?

Jesus was like "Hey dad, I have got to have one of these for Christmas!!"
And God said "Okay son, but only because its your birthday."
Old 03-30-2006, 02:33 PM
hag000

Gotta weigh in on this god thing. The information in the bible is no more real than Egyptian or Greek mythology, those folks were at it long before the christians and the hebrews. If I want fiction I'll stick with Star Wars :P
Old 03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
bauerbach

ORIGINAL: bamaracer0

Crusher is right, its lighter than steel, but heavier than alum. It's about just as strong as steel, and stronger than alum.
to expand on this, Im fairly certain 7075 aluminum is stronger for its weight than titanium... CF is also stronger for its weight; but of course its so damn light the volume of cf for an equal comparison isnt feasible. it is for 7075 aluminum though.

titanium is quite heavy; needs to be designed well to take advantage of its strength or its weight will drag you down.

regaurdless, Id expect alot of broken screws in your friends future. I dont know of any titanium screws readily available.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Chronic

A titanium Revo [sm=tired.gif] Why choose THAT chassis to showcase an all titanium build? That's like building a titanium set of wheels for your real car and then covering them up with plastic hubcaps. The extra strength isn't needed here and the chassis layout will take away from it's visual "impact", so what's the point? The arms and linkages will look cool, but that chassis.......

Also, if he has a company that specializes in the manufacturing of titanium parts, why would he give this job to someone that has no special skills with titanium fabrication?......especially when custom work is going to be a certainty. Seems like wasted time and money.

Oh, and debating religious beliefs on a RC message board?
Old 03-30-2006, 04:40 PM
RCtruckRacer

to expand on this, Im fairly certain 7075 aluminum is stronger for its weight than titanium... CF is also stronger for its weight; but of course its so damn light the volume of cf for an equal comparison isnt feasible. it is for 7075 aluminum though.

titanium is quite heavy; needs to be designed well to take advantage of its strength or its weight will drag you down.
Where are you getting these 'facts' from? And just what specifically are you talking about; tensile, fatigue or other? For instance, 7075 aluminum is about half as dense as titanium, but one study I found showed an Ultimate Tensile Strength rating for the 7075 and unalloyed Titanium as 83,000psi and 160,000psi repectively. Note: unalloyed titanium. Other grades of titanium will have other charicteristics - usually stronger.

Tamiya, SATO, Atomic and others make titanium screw sets. They are lighter and stronger than steel, but are prohibitively expensive. Unless you are breaking the steel fasteners, you wont be breaking titanium screws.

Really, at least present your 'facts' with some emperical evidence to back it up.

Getting custom made titanium will be an expense of biblical proportions (pun intended). The person wanting a near all-titanium Revo will do better just getting those parts that are already made in Titanium. I know Flex Tek makes arms for the T-Maxx, perhaps they do for the Revo too. Sorry if that has already been mentioned. EDIT here: [link=http://www.rcplanet.com/flextek_revo_complete_arm_69228_prd1.htm]Flex Tek Revo arms[/link]
Old 03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
bauerbach

you said it for me, sorry i didnt back it up with facts. but half the weight, but not quite half the strength. lightyears easier to machine. far far cheaper.

guess I could be off on the alloys of aluminum; I really dont know about those; only checked the basic titanium stats; apologies.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:55 PM
SkylineGTR

im not experienced with metals and such but isnt it titanium alloy thats used in most products which makes it light yet durable, not JUST titanium? please correct me if im wrong, i like to learn about this stuff.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:16 PM
crop

Heard that many people in the west still believe religion more than science before, now I see.
It's true religion brings one hope and it refresh one man's soul, that's why we still need it.
But you can not deny science and say everything is created by GOD, that's rediculous(maybe this is offensive, sorry)
There's nothing shameful if we human are mokeys before evolution, but it is a shame to deny the truth.
And about what remains when one dies, well, I'd rather believe nothing's left. Can't imagine the world filled with spirit, thinking I'm not alone at my home but being stared by thousands of spirit.....just kidding.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:18 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Chronic
Oh, and debating religious beliefs on a RC message board?
LOL... gotta chime in here... that's really funny... religion does NOT belong on an RC board... PM is fine... but in a "titanium Revo" thread... let's keep it out...

On another note.. I thought that if I left different topics alone... there wouldn't be as many arguments... (that's what everyone was saying anyways...) however I haven't really been posting lately, and I still see the same crap... guess I wasn't the 'troublemaker' people thought I was. HA HA [X(]

Edit: Sorry I don't have anything to add to the titanium subject... don't know much about it...
Old 03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
tnxtz

Titanium Revo $$$$ = Second hand Toyota Camry

Geez, pathetic!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
destrega

Pure titanium is a lustrous white metal with low density, high strength, and high corrosion resistance. It is resistant to dilute sulfuric and hydrochloric acids, moist chlorine gas, most organic acids, and chloride solutions. Titanium is only ductile when it is free of oxygen. Titanium is virtually non-magnetic, making it ideal for applications where electromagnetic interference must be minimized.
The big thing about titanium is that its very resistant to fatigue, meaning it bends but doesnt stay bent, even more than plastics, yet you can make it lighter than steel and retain the same tensile strength.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:00 PM
djacob372

Big Bang proof:

Observe: every galaxy in the universe is moving away from our galaxy

Observe: the speed at which a galaxy is moving away from us increases proportionally with distance (the further away it is the faster it's moving)

Notice: There are billions of galaxies yet nobody has yet to find a SINGLE one that doesn't meet these conditions

now comes the hard part: THINK!

As for macro vs. micro evolution, they're the same thing just observed over different time frames.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
TGreg24

if you really wanna get you all confused about evolution and the creation of earth read Dan Browns; "The Da Vinci Code", and "Angels and Demons"

The Da Vinci Code talks about jesus and how he should of been married since he wanted to experence human life.

Angels and Demons talks about the Big Bang theory and how its wrong and how the jesus created the earth is ALSO wrong, the need both. idk just read it they ARE GREAT.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 PM
speedfreak1234

ORIGINAL: djacob372

Big Bang proof:

Observe: every galaxy in the universe is moving away from our galaxy

correct me if I'm wrong but our galaxy isn't the center of the universe. our galaxy like the rest of the known galaxy's is moving away from a central point which according to the big bang theory is a very large black hole, and according to the big bang theory when it reaches a certain size will suck all the galaxy back into it only to create another big bang and it all starts over again.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
topcheese

One day every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is lord.

Now that the most important thing was said, I think you are going to have to do some fab. besides, who wants to make something that cool and not say you fabed some of the pieces
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 AM
Brokethebank

Hay to all out there that can't seem to figure out that no one want to here your thoughts on religion there are several forums out there were you can preach just search google let us get back to the topic at hand

I don't know but wouldn't that much Ti just make the truck so heavy that it would have no power? And just because something is strong doesn't mean it cant break so if you have to have parts made (the cost much just be outrageous) what happens if you do break something wait for someone to make you a new one and give your first born child to pay for it I don't care how much it cost's I could not handle the down time waiting on parts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.