Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

deagostini Monster truck partwork.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

deagostini Monster truck partwork.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 01:30 AM
Ahab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deagostini Monster truck partwork.

ok, if you live in the UK and have a television, you will have seen the latest batch of Deagostini "build yourself an RC truck" in 300 weekly parts thingy.

Frankly if you go for it I think you really need your head examining.

BUT,

part 1 is only £4.99, and looking at the TV ad you get a hub, tire and foam with the first part. (which is bloody cheap for a MT wheel in my book) so I want to know if anyone has had a look and knows what the hub size is - I might just get 4 copies of the first issue for a spare set of shoes....

when I see it in a shop I will see if I can make out what the wheels will fit, and if it is T-maxx/Savage standard then w'hey!!

if anyone knows what the truck you build actually is, I would be curious to know, it looks like a 1/10th truggy - but they all look much the same to me.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:37 AM
ScMc

Default RE: deagostini Monster truck partwork.

Guess he's not a Nazi
Old 01-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Ahab

^^ Damn Straight!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:59 PM
nut driver

Just want to point something out to you and anyone else, if you look at the mag you will find the 'Nitro Monster Truck' is from company called 'Hachette', it is a Thunder Tiger kit and it is £6.99 per week, you can buy the same Truck off the shelf for around £250, if you collect the magazine it will set you back the best part of £500!....buyer beware is what I say!
ORIGINAL: ahab

ok, if you live in the UK and have a television, you will have seen the latest batch of Deagostini "build yourself an RC truck" in 300 weekly parts thingy.

Frankly if you go for it I think you really need your head examining.

BUT,

part 1 is only £4.99, and looking at the TV ad you get a hub, tire and foam with the first part. (which is bloody cheap for a MT wheel in my book) so I want to know if anyone has had a look and knows what the hub size is - I might just get 4 copies of the first issue for a spare set of shoes....

when I see it in a shop I will see if I can make out what the wheels will fit, and if it is T-maxx/Savage standard then w'hey!!

if anyone knows what the truck you build actually is, I would be curious to know, it looks like a 1/10th truggy - but they all look much the same to me.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:15 PM
FlyingV77

why would anyone want to wait 300 weeks to build a truck? thats a little over 5 1/2 years to get it all!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:16 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nut driver is right, the truck featured is a thunder tiger SSK 1/10 scale monster truck.

You can buy them for £240 from a hobby shop, and even then you are probably getting ripped off... You would have to be crazy to spend around £500 on a truck of such a low spec, you could easily get a better 1/8 monster truck and still have some money left over!
Old 03-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Richie-EB4

I think this says it all.............

[link]http://www.rccarsandtrucks.co.uk/1380_1_1054623.html[/link]