Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

OMG please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 04:29 PM
Salty0790

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMG please help!!!

ok. i am in the middle of my break-in process. well not really. i primed the engine. but then i took it inside because i was afraid it was gonna get a little cold, and thats not good for break-in. so no i have a primed savage sitting in my house. i was wondering these things:

is it ok if i accidentally held the rotostart a little too long for priming? i held it for like 15 seconds. oops.

how loud is the idle on my savage? i want to do the first stage of break-in on my porch (which has glass doors.) but i dont want to make too much noise. it is a lot warmer on my porch. is the idle about as loud as a weed-whacker? or leaf-blower? or what?

i need help fast. thanks so much in advance.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:41 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OMG please help!!!

it's about the same noise,and holding the rotostart is ok but don't push it pash like 20-25 sec or your burn up your one way bearing
Old 01-04-2005, 04:42 PM
Salty0790

thanks. but picture the savage in a closed area. like 15x7 room. but with glass. will it be annoyingly loud?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Ahab

Salty it will be REALLY REALLY loud!!!

My Stock Savage RTR was so loud I coudl clearly hear the echo coming back from houses 1/8thmile away!!

it is in the range of an old 125cc motorbike with a huge hole in the exhaust!

also the fumes from Nitro arent nice, expect red puffy itchy eyes for a few days if you do.... but I wouldnt.

ahab
Old 01-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Salty0790

i seriously hope your joking...
Old 01-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Ahab

nope. It really is that loud. and the fumes really are that harsh.

I never ran my stock Savage at the weekends because I didnt want to annoy every one on their days off. I have a new tuned pipe (tsais Badboy) that makes it a lot more socially acceptable.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Salty0790

i meant when idling. i havent even started it yet. i have to do the 1/4 throttle thing for one tank. but i want to do it on my porch. WILL IT BE TOO LOUD?!?!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Ahab

it is your call wether it is too loud or not - but it is loud. I certainly wouldnt consider running it inside, It is bearable in a garage with the door open, but I only do that when fiddling - I certainly wouldnt want to have it sitting there for the 30+ minutes per tank you will have for breakin.

I broke my savage in on a summer afternoon, at first I set it up just near the back door so that I could sit in and watch soem telly whilst keeping an eye on my truck. but it was so loud i moved it to the end of the garden so it wouldn't bother me as much...

also be aware that beause the settings for breakin are so rich there will be lots of oil dripping out the exhaust, so put something down to catch this...

Start it up and make your own judgement call. If you have an empty house and live on a farm then who cares.... but if you live in a Semi in the burbs, expect complaints!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1 word (DON'T) The fumes can be very posionous and noxious. I would just drain the tank, pull the glow plug, crank it over a few revolutions with the rotostart upside down.

Then I would put a drop or 2 of marvel mystery oil or afterun oil or wd40 in the cylinder and in the carb mouth, open the slide.

Then crank a few more times outside, replace glow plug, and air filter.

Then wait till you have good decent temps to break it in right.

I understand your excited to get her fired up, but just be patient and try to wait.

The exhaust note is fairly loud, but I would be more concerned about the fumes and my family!!

Good Luck
Old 01-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

or, if its not to loud, take a old water hose, put it on the pipe, duck tape it on there, or masking tape, stick the hose outside and walla