Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Brakes on my MT2

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 09:23 PM
ndeepoffroad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes on my MT2

I haven't been here in a while, but I want to mess w/ my truck a little, so I want the brakes to work...

I have a Cen MT2, and the brakes need to be adjusted or something, b/c they don't grab when I apply them.

ANyone know how to tighten them or adjust them?

THanks a TON!

Branndon
Old 02-03-2005, 08:01 AM
poor judgement

Default RE: Brakes on my MT2

u see the 2 screws that go thru the brake pads? just tighten those a tiny bit at a time, until the brakes drags a little, then back the screws off very slightly. that should do it. check the servo neutral postion too after doing this, to make sure u have the right throw etc.
if u havent done it already, then the metal disc is a great upgrade, just be sure to get the metal brake plug too - its a nasty feeling when the platic plug melts and u suddenly have no brakes - always happens at max speed, with the truck pointing at something hard and unmoveable. an alloy arm on the servo helps too.

if u are prepared to pay for the overpriced alloy brake seat - this makes a good bit of difference to the brakes too, compared to the plastic one which moved a bit on mine when i applied the brakes. the alloy seat is a lot more solid and allows more of the servos power to get to the brake.

my rally will sometimes flip on grass if i hit the brakes very hard with spiked tyres on - thats how good my brakes are... yes, i suffered an expensive brake failure once - i dont want it to happen again.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:55 AM
ndeepoffroad

So get a metal brake disc? Ok, cool, the CEN trucks have poopy brakes anyway, so that'll be a good upgrade.

And as far as tightening what I have now, I just adjust the screws...

Thanks abunch,
Branndon
Old 02-03-2005, 02:35 PM
poor judgement

yea get that metal disc and the pads to suit, they all come together i think - but the metal plug is seperatate i think. u will need that too as the brake will get hotter, although it will cool quickly, without it the plastic plug will melt itself to the brake seat... not nice, trust me on that one...

until my metal plug arrived, i superglued a load of little washers together, bit of a bodge, but it worked.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:50 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the metal disc on my mt2 and it works great...a little too good.... I run a hitech hs645mg servo with this setup "properly" adjusted and the truck will do front flips on asphalt....
the key to the setup is good servo travel but make sure your endpoints are set well... otherwise you may bend things... replace the servo if you are still running stock... world of difference...