Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mad force

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
maxxcrawler68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mad force

I need some feedback on a madforce because I am thinking on buying one and I want to know what you think of it
Old 02-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Segata

Default RE: mad force

I wouldn't get it, because there is much better cars out there. And i own one. The speed is awesome, it's pretty durable but the handling just sucks. It's like a football on ice.

A couple of months after the Mad Force i got myself a MTA-4 (Monster GT) and everything is just much better than on the Mad Force. My Kyosho-truck is collecting dust now...
Old 02-13-2005, 07:14 PM
maxxcrawler68

I am not looking for something with good hadling I want an awesome basher that is fast and has alot of torque
Old 02-14-2005, 12:10 PM
Balact Man
My Feedback: (6)

You will be VERY happy with the purchase of the Kyosho Force truck. I own the Mad Force model and i love it. Sure, if you run it WOT on pavement it can be unstable but remember this truck can reach speeds of 44 mph. Thats pretty damn fast for any truck. Driving this truck off-road is another story altogether. I run my Mad Force rich (4 1/2 to 6 turns) and even then it pulls wheelies on command, out runs my .21 t-maxx, out climbs my ofna titan with .70 engine. So there you have it but just take note of one thing the steering servo must be 80 oz. or more for handling. I'm not sure what the RTR package offers seeing i brought the kit Mad Force and paid for the radio and servo's (two 100 oz. servos) seperate. Remember most of these truck today kick all forms of ***** giving the price range just stay away from Mag......... nevermind.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:14 PM
DarkSavageX

an awsome basher is the savage
Old 02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
tndiverdown

I beat the poop out of my Twin Force and it comes begging for more. I'm sure the Mad Force will give similar results. It's a simple and durable design. I had a savage 25 once. Spent more time on the bench than anything I own.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: BL_Force

I beat the poop out of my Twin Force and it comes begging for more. I'm sure the Mad Force will give similar results. It's a simple and durable design. I had a savage 25 once. Spent more time on the bench than anything I own.

......BL, you hit the nail on the head when you said "its a simple and durable design". and "simple" is sometimes BEST!!!, at least i think so.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
maxxcrawler68

thanks everyone. and are there any hop-ups for the mad force
Old 02-14-2005, 03:38 PM
tndiverdown

Billet parts - http://www.neweramodels.com/

More billet parts - http://www.rixgear.com/

Replacement and optional parts - http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=KYOD01**&P=Z

More hop-ups - http://www.madforce.net/hopups.html
Old 02-14-2005, 05:11 PM
infernalstone

I'm curious, BL. Do you run the stock steering set up, or did you get the New Era kit? I've got the New Era piece coming in the mail, but I was wondering how the stock setup did. It just seemed like a structural nightmare to me...

That and New Era stuff rocks the socks.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:10 PM
tndiverdown

Right now I am running the stock steering with a MG645 servo. I works fine, but is a little sloppy. I don't like the looks of new era bumper/servo mount, so I am in the process of cooking up a custom solution.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: infernalstone

I'm curious, BL. Do you run the stock steering set up, or did you get the New Era kit? I've got the New Era piece coming in the mail, but I was wondering how the stock setup did. It just seemed like a structural nightmare to me...

That and New Era stuff rocks the socks.

Infernalstone the New Era does away with the mild slop but it also limits the turning (Left to Center to Right) by 8 degrees.........which is not cool. if you want to do away with steering slop upgrade from plastic steering arms to aluminum.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:03 AM
tndiverdown

I have a set of bellcranks from rixgear.com on order. They are beefier than the kyosho kit and include bearings instead of bushings for only $26.50. I'm also going to replace all the linkages with 1/4" aluminum rod and use dubro 6-32 size heavy duty ball links everywhere.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:45 PM
Balact Man

also if you go with a Mad Force replace the stock pipe with a Ofna rear facing pipe. fits fine and sits on top of the wheelie bar and your exhaust blows right out the back.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:04 PM
lloydy

have u got a link for that pipe please Balact cos i cant find it on their website []

and teh mad force is the BEST bashing truck. the only thing ive done in 3 months is a new pullstart adn air filter which are both things you expect to replace anyway. The pullstart was my fault cos i pullde it too far, and i lost the air filter when it rolled
Old 02-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: lloydy

have u got a link for that pipe please Balact cos i cant find it on their website []

and teh mad force is the BEST bashing truck. the only thing ive done in 3 months is a new pullstart adn air filter which are both things you expect to replace anyway. The pullstart was my fault cos i pullde it too far, and i lost the air filter when it rolled

if you go to Ofna.com, then go to the exhaust page, there you will find part# 31993 which is what i use or part# 38473 which i would recommend. you will have to visit a auto store and buy 3/8 to 1/2 inch hose. to install Part#38473 all you have to do is cut about 2 to 2 1/2 inches of hose and slide it onto the manifold and the other end over the pipe (looks just like the REVO). if you do it my way (bigger pipe) then you will need one 45 degree elbow and two 2 1/2 inches of hose. once i return home today around 4 pm i'll post a pic of my setup.............
Old 02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Balact Man

I hope this help.........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20864.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	230720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85970.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	230721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31591.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	230722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59444.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	230723  
Old 02-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Balact Man

I used the 063 pipe for more torque but the other pipe (which is a little smaller) looks so much cleaner and doesn't affect the overall performance of the engine.
Old 02-18-2005, 12:16 PM
lloydy

ahh, yes thanx, i thought you had used a "proper" rear facing pipe thats all
Old 02-18-2005, 12:26 PM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: lloydy

ahh, yes thanx, i thought you had used a "proper" rear facing pipe thats all

thanks lloydy. i always look forward to helping out where i can.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:38 PM
geofferama

Seems like such a shame that they stopped making the RCX kit. Its surprising that I hear almost exclusively good things about the mad force.
http://www.madforce.net/tips.html

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1p?&I=LXGPF9**
Its like a mini RTR electric version of the RCX [:'(]
Old 02-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Balact Man

geofferama its one of the better ones out there thats for sure..........
Old 02-20-2005, 12:11 AM
macocoy

just got my madforce last dec. and it surprised me on it's performance! the power of the engine and lot's of torque, as what they have said, it is the only MT that needs a wheelie bar, there was a time when i just finished the break-in and adjust the settings, and when i played it again, i over wheelied it...rock crawling, dirt, drag name it...it's cool
Old 02-20-2005, 03:27 AM
macocoy

if you go to Ofna.com, then go to the exhaust page, there you will find part# 31993 which is what i use or part# 38473 which i would recommend. you will have to visit a auto store and buy 3/8 to 1/2 inch hose. to install Part#38473 all you have to do is cut about 2 to 2 1/2 inches of hose and slide it onto the manifold and the other end over the pipe (looks just like the REVO). if you do it my way (bigger pipe) then you will need one 45 degree elbow and two 2 1/2 inches of hose. once i return home today around 4 pm i'll post a pic of my setup.............

this is a great idea man...i always having problem in cleaning the truck after run beacuse of the mess they leave after, especially when your fuel is rich in oil...the tires and rim are full of oil...i'll try to do your idea thanks!
Old 02-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Balact Man

ORIGINAL: macocoy

this is a great idea man...i always having problem in cleaning the truck after run beacuse of the mess they leave after, especially when your fuel is rich in oil...the tires and rim are full of oil...i'll try to do your idea thanks!
.....your welcome. remember i retro fitted an Ofna pipe (over two years ago) which at the time was my only choice. today you have so many to choose from. some even look like they were made to be rear facing for this truck. it is a good idea to install one and your right- no more cleaning up your trucks tires and rims after runs