Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Genesis Engine Configurations???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Genesis Engine Configurations???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 11:02 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis Engine Configurations???

thx orlando i was kinda wondering on that i was thinking about the 90 but im not sure if it would have the hp's the 46 would have thats why i am on the iffy side of it but it seems like the torque would be there if it can propel the ek4 over 40 with a 2 speed i dont see why it would have a problem with a genisis and a three speed setup right for the tranny shifting i would think you could hit 50 plus with it i may be wrong though. but it sounds promising for the power aspect of it it seems almost ridicules to go with something that big but it wouldnt have a problem with torque not that it dont already but it would pretty much be wheelie at 20 mph or maybe even higher if the tranny is set up right i think hmm tax returns need to get here it sounds like i may have a project. if i decide to do it ill keep everone updated on it
Old 03-03-2005, 06:37 AM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Genesis Engine Configurations???

you know if you put spacers between the vertical chassis side plates you might be able to make the genesis wider, The only problem i can see with that quickly looking at the genesis, is where the front bulkhead brace is connected to vertical chassis, putting a spacer in it would cause the chassis to hit the shock, but if you took out 2 of the shocks on the front suspension and just used stronger springs on the remaining two it might be feasable.i dont know if you would be able to move the gear box over to the left, there might be some clearance issues with the drive shafts being offset, thye main issue would be the spur gear not being centered in the truck so i dont know what you could do with an engine configuration. if you were able to put the spacers in then move the gearbox over to center the spur gears alittle better, you might be able to put in another engine but it might have to be higher up and grab at the top of the spur gear where the original engine would still grab on the side, but then making throttle linkages would be a night mare.

-edit-

oh yeah adding spacers to the side plates you would probably need to make a new engine plate, the horizontal plate that goes between the veritcals, but thats not hard to do just measure out the new size you need cut it and then drill the holes.