Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

kyosho usa1 nitro crusher

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:14 AM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kyosho usa1 nitro crusher

just got from a friend a kyosho usa-1 nitro crusher.... I also got a kyosho burns buggy roller to go with it.... Does anyone know anything about the truck and the buggy and where to get spare parts for it? The truck is complete with a nitro star 21 everything works.... thanks for the help....
Old 02-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Ducklake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: kyosho usa1 nitro crusher

Sorry, don't have any info for ya.[]

I would like to see some pic's
Those were real popular trucks back in the day [8D]
Old 02-22-2005, 12:34 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi, the Kyosho USA nitro crusher is a tough kit, it is based off of the 8scale Burns DX race buggy. It was one of the first nitro powered m/t kits that came out in the late 80's/early 90's. Both the elc and nitro versions came with a 10scale body that was based off of Everett Jasmer's real truck. It only came as a kit, you had to build it and bearings, pipe, engine, radio were extra. The kit weighs just over 9 pounds and was marketed as a 10 scale kit (I believe because of the "10scale" body) but it was a true 8scale kit in everyway. It was a very popular m/t kit back then and can still hold its own today, if not beat the pants off some of the newer products. Kyosho still has some parts listed for it and you may find some parts stock left at some older stores that use to sell it. C/A mag did product review of it in their April/92 issue and a custom twin build up in june of 99 issue, radar tested at 67mph. It's a very cool tough kit, I still got mine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76381.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	233103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92856.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	249.4 KB
ID:	233104  
The following users liked this post:
Rod72 (08-10-2021)
Old 02-22-2005, 12:42 PM
The Boss

This is my USA-1 with a old Parma 8scale Ford p/u body on it. It's a great kit to use in our yearly monster jam events.

Name:	Vt56765.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	233107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt60440.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	233108  
Old 02-22-2005, 02:48 PM
13ccCat

I remember mine lifting the (i think)left front wheel when i would run it wide open.That was the one thing that came close to bothering me.Otherwise i loved it.Sometimes i wish i still had it[&o].I also had a turbo burns for parts.That truck would go thru just about anything & i would drive it off the park benches where i would work on it sometimes.TUFF,TUFF truck,lots of bumpers.I dont think i ever broke anything on it?This is all i have left now.

Name:	Yv66230.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	233159  
Old 01-28-2006, 10:00 PM
rebelbrowser

[link=http://home.comcast.net/~myprivateftp/usa1.html]Now how about them parts people ? I just dusted mine off and went wild, with that front wheel lifting slightly thing and all. The used hummer i bought for its motor came with some spare and hop up parts. Among them is a anti roll bar thingy. Fortunately, I havent had much trouble from the gears alignment, but i too would like to know where to find stuff that fits or can fit this relic master piece. It was in my squanderous days that i bought several monsters gas and electric that i found this one was the most expensive, and the last one i bought to actually get a run or two going. it out lasted the engine even after two engine rebuilds. now it has a ofna .21 hyper thingy on it, and the last upgrade i did to it years ago finally paid off. Full Ball Bearings throughout lets it coast real nice as you let off the throttle. People wont pay me what its worth and i aint spending another lump sum on a pipe dream again.(maybe in my next life)meantime this truck seems like it will always be a RCMT, but in a vacumn.[/link]

(the entire post is a link?) http://home.comcast.net/~myprivateftp/usa1.html (steel gear hanging on the wall ?)

(pictures all link to a brand new usa1 ?) http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...cfm?car_id=156

[link=http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/hpi/hpic1871.html] when i die, i will come back as a savage.[/link]

the hummer i bought went around a few times before its front diff failed so i went ahead with my plans to rebirth the real monster, with its counter gear and full bearings, the only thing that would make me happier is knowing where to shop and buy more parts for it.
if you got any ideas how i might install the OFNA anti roll bar thingy on it ?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:31 PM
The Boss

I think kyoshos site still had some parts listed for it a while back, I think your best bet is just to phone older hobby shops that were around when these kits were being sold to check for old stock, besides that its time for custom fab or converted parts.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:27 PM
berns

I am looking for the Drive Bevell Gear for the Kyosho Nitro Crusher. Part # BSW-01. This truck has been awesome for hill climbing in the sand pits yet, I need a new bevel gear and I was informed that Kyosho no longer carriers the gear.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:47 AM
usa1.Jeff

I know I'm in need of parts.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
ally katz

Hi Guys, I just got some parts for the Kyosho Nitro Crusher from www.rcplanet.com check them out
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 PM
stuc_

I've just got one of these off a friend. It needed alot of cleaning, but she runs so sweetly.
I love how fast this truck is for it's weight. I do notice the front lifting at full throttle
It's a shame that both the body shells I got with it are broken, I'll post some pics when I take them.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 AM
rob123

I agree with you boss, That truck brings back the good old days and till this day, I still have mine.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:00 PM
stuc_

ok, as promised, pics of my kyosho nitro crusher, USA-1
This beast doesn't seem to care what i drive it over, long grass, gravel. it goes up curbs... it's amazing, it's not the fastest truck, but it's stable and fun to drive. if you find one then buy it, it's well worth the money and time spent cleaning it up

Name:	Db85208.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	738904   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44541.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	738905   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45457.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	738906   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fy71992.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	738907   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa33707.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	738908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar11413.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	738909  
Old 08-09-2007, 03:19 PM
SOILWORK

ORIGINAL: 13ccCat

I remember mine lifting the (i think)left front wheel when i would run it wide open.That was the one thing that came close to bothering me.Otherwise i loved it.Sometimes i wish i still had it[&o].I also had a turbo burns for parts.That truck would go thru just about anything & i would drive it off the park benches where i would work on it sometimes.TUFF,TUFF truck,lots of bumpers.I dont think i ever broke anything on it?This is all i have left now.

Nice BlackFoot...That was my first truck ever
Old 08-31-2007, 01:29 PM
HpiDrifter420

my fiancee's father gave me this truck a few years ago. it used to be raced and was pretty good from what i hear. the truck ran when i first got it for about 10 mins until the motor seized up. the truck hadnt been run it 10-15 years her dad doesnt remember. i would like to get it running for him b/c he gave me a brand new tmaxx which got me addicted to the hobby. so id like to do this for him. i have a tq3 reciever for it that idont use anymore and 2 servos that i could use. i need to know where to get parts for it...everything works except the motor..what would be a good replacement motor?? i want to stock up on extra parts to. i saw one on ebay and debating on buying the whole truck for parts. thanks for the help

Name:	Rp42262.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	753897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42212.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	753898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69343.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	753899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54061.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	753900  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:41 PM
cradau1

[My brother in law gave me all is old hobbie stuff and there was a usa 1 nitro crusher circa 87-93? I have nearly enough parts to build an entire second truck. All the spares are nitro crusher but they are slightly different. I think if built i would have most of an even older one. Anyways the one that was 60 percent assembled got the motor cleaned,fuel line and air filter and after twelve years in a box started in less than two minutes. Throwing down mass torque after a couple tanks. A truly impressive rc vehicle. I had almost given up on nitro all together until i got this thing. I'm a die hard hpi Baja racer. The nitro crusher is one impressive truck. It moves those massive wheels with ease. A couple modern servos and maybe some gear reduction and this thing will fly if i added wings. My only questions are how collectible is this truck? (should i be taking better care of one in such fine shape) and it's value to a collector (if it has colletible value).

Name:	Da83134.jpg
Views:	703
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1046788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39703.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1046789  
Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 AM
ICE_MAN

Wow this brings back memories, I have 3 of these, 2 NIB and 1 roller (for parts should I ever decide to open the other two). I bought one right after I bought my Savage after seeing an article about the 'monster jam' type events. Never got around to messing with it, so in the attic it went. My dad bought me the roller just incase I needed parts, then I found a great deal ($35!!!) for one NIB at a pawn shop! I'd love to drive one, but I like them where they are for now!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM
unclerico
My Feedback: (16)

Glad to see people still running these. I bought one from some tosser who had been keeping it stowed away in a box in his attic. He was never going to get around to building it (that's what these are for) so I did and I love it! It's now got a Land Rover Defender body (thank you HPI) and is now basically a miniature version of my dream ride. I don't abuse it because I realize there are few left in good shape. I've still got the box, manual, warranty card and I wouldn't dare risk that Chevy body on the track. However, if anyone has a counter gear set, part number BS-84, I need one. The new OS .21 I dropped in shredded the counter gear at full trigger. Yeah it sucks when you break parts but to anyone who reads this: don't be afraid to run 'em! Old rc cars belong in the sun, not on the shelf.

Name:	Nk27937.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1105752  
Old 01-08-2009, 04:25 PM
unclerico
My Feedback: (16)

By the way, to anyone who has ever stripped the counter gear on these trucks and tried to find a replacement, Traxxas part # 5276 will work as a substitute. These are the gears inside an ez-start. It will reduce your gearing some but it's a quick fix for a fraction of the cost of a kyosho part. Don't worry you won't need the dremel so you can retrofit back to the stock part easily. You're welcome.

TTFN
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
cenracer1

unclerico.. give these guys a call and ask for Jessie... I sold him the last of my Kyosho Burns and USA-1 stuff.. He has as far as I know the largest Kyosho USA-1 nad Burns Parts selection around... Great guy to deal with.... Here is the link...
http://bmihobbies.com/
Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 PM
bsrman14
Banned

You an buy parts direct from Kyosho.com in the parts index area. Ebay is another source. parts are getting hard to find. You can find used truck on ebay too. the Counter gear set goes high. $46 on ebay. I have lots of them. I hit alot lol stores and checked the bargin boxes.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 AM
mogman8

I've got a working low use good condition nitro crusher for sale if anyone is interested. It's only issue is that it could use a new pull starter because the spring is a little messed up. A couple of the roof lights are broken off the body but I still have em. It can come with or without radio....preferably without.
Selling because I want a crawler
!!!! I also have the original box and manual !!!!
Old 02-01-2009, 12:53 AM
johnnychingas

Hi, how much for the truck, also would you sell me a copy of the manual, as i have one truck myself but dont have the manual.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
maine

do u want to sell it
Old 06-17-2009, 10:53 PM
mogman8

Sorry, Isold it a few months ago...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.