Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Transmitter trouble in winter..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Transmitter trouble in winter..

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 11:48 AM
ray77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter trouble in winter..

Hello!

I'm having transmitter/ reviever trouble with my tnx and the guy in the shop, told me that the cold was killing my batteries.
I'm having trouble, because after driving for 5 minutes or so, I suddenly loose control. The servo starts jerking/ slowly and brake/ accel is unresponsive.
Have anyone driven in winter and had similar trouble?
I'm still breaking in my tnx, but don't dare continue until a failsafe is installed.
The engine itself runs great...starts and everything..
During the last two days I've seen this, it's been about -2 to +2 degrees celcius.
The controls will suddenly begin to act up, dissapear completely and then come back again...?
It works fine indoors so far...

Ray - Norway

By the way...
-2 to +2 degrees celcius is 28 - 35 Farenheit

Old 02-28-2005, 03:40 PM
rcpro-123
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Transmitter trouble in winter..

hmm i never seen batts geting to cold that the truck starts to get out of control.Are you shure that you have a good back and not a burnt one.If you do then i realy dont know id say get a fail safe that will help you out from loosing your truck and save you alot of damage money.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:01 PM
ray77

I have new, non rechargeable alkaline batteries in both the car and radio...
It's wierd. Tried to cool both car and radio outside this evening, but they still worked great.
Either this is something which happens only when the motor runs or it's interference from the nearby factories.
I'll try on a more deserted place the next time.

Old 02-28-2005, 04:10 PM
rscharp

Make sure that you have the antenna wire secured away from anything metal. The vibrations of metal onto the antenna wire while driving will glitch the system, which may explain why it doesnt do it when you have the car indoors. Check the antenna wire for small rips or tears in the coating of the wire, as this may cause a glitch as well. Good luck with solving this, let us know if we can help out anymore
Old 02-28-2005, 04:43 PM
ray77

Actually my antenna wire got itself a beating the other day because i managed to rip out the plastic tube which the antenna is pushed into. The isolation got ripped right down where the antenna goes into the tube.
The wire itself was no torn off, but some isolation was lost. I thought of what you suggested myself, and patched up the wire with a strip of electrical tape.
After doing this I walked about 50 meters from the card to test the signal and it was working fine.
Maybe this still is'nt good enough as a fix? Can't se what antenna part might come in contact with metal.
I will check this again tonight.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:39 PM
rscharp

Also, if the insulation is missing, water dirt and whatever else you run through could get in there and foul up your reception. If you have Plasti-dip handy, dip your antenna in it where you're missing the insulation.

[link=http://www.plastidip.com/consumer/index.html]Plasti-dip home page.[/link]

Hardware stores carry it.