Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

how fast is the ofna dominator?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

how fast is the ofna dominator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:50 PM
kylebrowneye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how fast is the ofna dominator?

yeah, im a newbie in the nitro world, ive been driving and hopping up my e-maxx for quite some time now(like 2 1/2 years) and as do most people, i WANT NITRO!!! VROOOOM VROOOMMM
Old 03-11-2005, 10:56 PM
hybridstone

LIKE i said kyle for a newbie to nitro get a savage or revo there real easy to run with great instructions and support and the hop ups are endless!!!
Old 03-11-2005, 11:05 PM
kylebrowneye

sorry i misread, my bad. revo is out of the question, tyhe price range is only like $350-400 so that suks. savage is pricey, but i love the truck, in dfact i have got savage tires and wheels. i like the grip they get. and in school, i tell kids who dont know squat about R/C that its gas(they believe it) unless they see it in action[&o]
Old 03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
rcblaze

I'm getting good at this pic thing. here she is and the savy naked.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67598.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	242434   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25613.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	242435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66580.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	242436  
Old 03-12-2005, 01:49 AM
bsammyfl
My Feedback: (4)

I dont want to give the impresion that their is anything wrong with these newer trucks they kick ass! and come back in one peice. I own two ofna dominator platforms one runing a Fantom FR21 and the other one runs a FR27 and every now then both of them get a small 2 gear wheelie. But not everytime. These gents are right about this truck having problems with the diffs. I have some of these myself. I have fixed most these problems. 1st major problem I had was breaking the drive cups. I used the drive cups off of a xtm mamouth because their thicker and longer. 2nd problem, the set screws on drive cups kept coming lose or spining around the shaft. I took my dremel and flatned a spot on the back side of the shaft removing as little as possible. Then I drilled another hole in the drive cup tapped the hole put a set srew in both sides and put locktite on the threads. I put valvoline grease in the diffs. And so far no problems. The top speed so far on the .21 is 52 mph but Its still shifting too soon so it my go up. I have not been able to get the other one on radar yet. The newer trucks have much better ground clearence and tougher parts. But without fail at the begining of every race I drive over one or two of them off line. The person who started this thread asked if this handled like a buggie the anwser is of course it does because it started out as a buggie. And I have say the buggie version of this line is still one of my favorite cars. If you want a cheaper solution buy a cheap mbx buggie together with an 8 port hyper 21 and put a set of tires off a dominator on it. I did and it smokes! and is increadbly stable. If you have to have a cheap monster truck get a used savage that has had the stock engine removed and something better installed. This truck is very tuff and very tuff to beat. The domantor is a good truck but the top of the line ofna truck is a Titan Deluxe and it can now be had for the same money I payed for my first Monster Pirate. I will race my Fantom Pirates again this summer but It will be the last time I will race them I will change to something else next fall and shelf these two
Old 03-12-2005, 04:42 PM
hybridstone

I bet you remember sabr!! bsammyfl or jer industries!! YA the dom/pirate will always be a classic r/c it was the king of race trucks in its prime but the new breed of truggys like the hot bodies truck WOW!! honestly i can't say enought!! and I have had some nice racer's before!! for someone who is new to nitro my opinion is to stay far away from the pirate/dom.and get something that's more forgiving.