Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hot Bodies LSP

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 11:24 PM
crazychris7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hot Bodies LSP

As for bulkheads and such... im not exxactly sure, but i'll find out when i try to mount them all up... ill look, but im too lazy to pull the arms off and check The center diff gear will have to be changed or you will have little to no power to turn maxx sized tires. But the knuckles, hub carriers, and pretty much the whole chassis (engine mounts and such) look the same. haha and how did you copy my truck?

Chris
Old 03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
bib

Raster Ive been bashing my LS RR hard for the last two months. Thus far I have broken the front suspension holder (twice.) I bought two packs off tower of the plastic ones for 5 bucks a pop so I have spares in case it break again. I jump my truck hard and only bash and I bash hard. Luckily the truck has been holding together well. The only mods I have made on it thus far are dropping in a MX 3 radio system with the Hitec 645 mg servo and I put some Revo wheels on it. The terrain down here is harsh on RC as well since its a sandy environment with a hard coral stone base. I have to say I am very happy with the truck. Put it to test against a Savvy, MAxx (bleh), and 2 Revos. And they will all beat me in the long stretch (2nd Gear and all) but on the make shift tracks we have had I smoke them. Also I get more run time out of my truck withough breaking parts!

I would highly recommend the LSP or LSRR you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:20 PM
hybridstone

Hey bib put an nova rossi 28 3 port $189us on sale at the mugen web page!! and you will smoke those revo/lst/savage28!! even a mach 26 would do the job $120us Crazychris I will post some pick next week of your twin ie;yellow wing/rims/proline's/mx-3/hitec645/not shure on engine yet I own 1 mach26 1wasp26 1rb21w7 1 HB26(NEW)I'm thinkin bout buying the collari30 I can get it for $245cnd I had a nice rossi 28 but sold it may get another? also I might add a nice onepiece pipe?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:43 AM
crazychris7

Man oh man.. a twin! great lookin isnt it? I laid some pipe at the track today (fun as hell to say) and ran a few tanks thru the RR. I got my 2 motors, MGT, RC18, a 2 speed form hb's big on road car (have to see how that is), 2 airtronics synthisized recievers (for the pro and MGT), wheels/tires for the MGT, batt packs for the rc18... except my Jammin JP-1 pipes didnt come in yet... almost TOO much (if thats possible) It looked like i robbed the place walking out with armloads at a time loading it in the truck broke in the MGT, played with the RC18 (fun lil guy), tuned my LSRR and did 3 hrs of pipe laying at the track tonight... Man im an RC addict, wheres the weekly meeting, free coffee and support groups? O well, Ill break in the RB modded Rossi .28, wasp .28 and see what the 2 speed will do to these trucks and i get to see how long these lil HB .26's will last... should be some fun (any ideas on how to blow it? Im thinking running it as hot as i can until it pops, maybe WOT with no wheels on the ground, pour sone sane in the carb... who knows...) But of course, like always, PICS!!!!!!

Chris

Oh yea stone... did you get the Synthesized model? i got the MX-3S 75 MHz and it is a AWESOME setup... and the price is hard to beat for what you get... [sm=thumbup.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30138.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	241545   Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86928.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	241546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf10305.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	241547   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60382.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	241548  
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
hybridstone

LOL man your an addict bro WOW! can I some $lol I just got the mx-3 non sinth great price I have 2 I'm thinkin bout those new hitec titanium's were gettin some next week for now I got a 645mg does the job my bro is gonna take some pics of my ls this week so I will post your twin asap. I need TO go to a TA meeting truggys anynomius! later dude
Old 03-10-2005, 11:09 PM
crazychris7

Yup.. ran my LS RR again tonight, but got cut short (stupid formed knuckles... time for some cnc ones!) But I've noticed the flase actually makes the truck look alot cleaner than it really is Couple more pics like usual... man this is getting to be like a nightly thing for me... posting pics... Time to go clean her up so i can fix her up tomorrow (gotta hit some lhs's for some knuckles)... JUST TO GO AND GET ALL DIRTY AGAIN... haha they need to start making that dirt less messy... I shoulda never started racing off road... i hate my stuff dirty...

Chris

P.S. I OWN PAGE 2!!!!

Name:	Rp42766.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	242006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41684.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	242007  
Old 03-11-2005, 02:51 PM
hybridstone

YES pics= I gotta get a digital cam!!
Old 03-11-2005, 03:54 PM
hybridstone

hmm shouldn't you be at work. LOL
Old 03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
crazychris7

Work??? please... haha if my boss found out what all my "sick days" were...

Chris
Old 03-11-2005, 09:01 PM
hybridstone

What's up with hot bodies? 4days and 2emails later still haven't heard a word! tried to call keep getting stupid answering machine!![:@] Sorry for the mixup i Forgot to add his user name that work comment was for my buddy who I spotted trolling around here' earler this afternoon' canuck35 yer busted''lol But I can't talk all my sickdays are spent at the track
Old 03-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Raster

bib,

Thanks for the update. By the way, you can put a 2-speed transmission in your LS. Order the 2-speed transmission for the HB 1/7th scale on-road car. It will work in the Lightning series. I think I remember there being a couple of other tweaks you need to do, but it's basically an easy change.

Call HB and speak to the tech there. He can tell you what you need and the part numbers.

Good luck.

Ras
Old 03-13-2005, 12:22 AM
keegy

hey...whats that zip tied to the steering servo? temp guage? what kind? looks good!
lemme know!
Old 03-13-2005, 01:26 AM
crazychris7

A MIP temp guage... I was gonna race my pro tonight, but a bud of mine brought me a set of Racers Edge knuckles for a 777 because i blew my molded set on the RR. So i dropped them on and went racing with the RR instead I was up against 2 LSP's, a revo, MGT, a TNX, a Kyosho Truggy with a P5 (crazy fast), and a Trinity Spyder. first qualifier i got 2nd behind the kyosho, second I got 1st, and thrid I got first again. (5 min qualifiers) Then came the 15 min Main (NICE!) The kyosho blew a diff on the second qualifier so I was safe. The only competition was a buddy of mine's LSP because of a good tune done by me... We swapped back and forth till his center diff took a crap and me being up 2 laps on everyone else I was safe until... a screw from my turnbuckle came out... but with less than a minute to go, I was safe and still got first. Stupid me for not locktiting the damn turnbuckle screws... I had my wife take a few pics but she took them with the reg camera [:@] So when theyre developed I'll scan em up. I took some after 2 hrs of cleaning so I'll post the "purty somewhat new clean truggy" pics. (because I know you guys will die if I don't give ya pics... or someting)

Chris

P.S. I took a pic of my 2 babies together... My 05 Honda Goldwing 1800... hits 60 in 1st Tops at 145 and its a blast to see the faces when a guy in his early 20s with a pack of streetbikes on a goldwing.. even better when I got pulled over with a group of friends on 1000's messing around on the highway and I'mm keeping up (cant do wheelies and stoppies n all.. but I'm alot more comfortable) when a heli caught us all doing 100-150 for 30 miles and I get off without a ticket because "There is no way I could do that on a old mans bike..." Plus i can fit the starter box, tools, truck and radio in there and still have room for some extras... 50+ MPG helps on trips to out of town tracks....

Name:	Yv66268.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	243030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59153.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	243031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26846.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	243032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94703.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	243033  
Old 03-30-2005, 01:03 AM
harleymon2002
My Feedback: (1)

hey - i got a lsp and really like it too - parts (I hope) will soon be more available. got a question - what weight shock fluid comes stock in these ?? also, i am going to put diff fluid in it - fill it to the top ? what weights you recommend. anyone still running stock motor ? i am trying to tune it (ran 6 tanks thru it) - no top end to speak of - what upper temp you guys running it at ?? - thanks!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:31 AM
crazychris7

these trucks have alot of bottom end... no top to speak of, but thats good on the track. If you want more top, you can swap the clutch bell to a 14 tooth. Stock fluid is who knows.. but its too thin. I use 60<50 on the shocks. Diffs come with grease so take them apart, clean it all up then use diff oil. Im running 7<10<3 right not and its perfect for what i use it for. The heavier the oil, the more its going to act as a locked diff

Chris
Old 03-30-2005, 09:15 AM
harleymon2002
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks Chris! I assume you are 60 front and 50 rear. I also assume you are 7000 front,10000 mid, 3000 rear on the diffs. How much do you fill diffs - all the way to the top ??? let me know - thanks again!
Old 03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
crazychris7

youre right... for the diffs, fill em up most of the way, then seal em back up. Not that hard to do, but time consuming to get to the front/rear diffs...

Chris