Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hot Bodies LSP

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 07:26 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bodies LSP

Just have a few questions for the LSP owners on here.

First off, where did you buy it? Online, or LHS?

Second, are you having a hard time getting parts for it?

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2005, 07:58 PM
crazychris7

Default RE: Hot Bodies LSP

LHS, and parts are hard to come by, but my LHS has most of the parts for the lightning buggy in stock so the only thing that'll hurt me if i break is arms, exc. Great truck... GET ONE! i have 2

Chris
Old 03-05-2005, 08:52 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the input. Not what i wanted to hear, but its pretty much all im hearing. I was just told by a dealer that HB only imports a very limited number of pro kits each month. To top that off, the parts are hard to find. As good as this truck seems, i think i have no choice but to pass it up.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:40 PM
hybridstone

CHILL THERMAL it's a VERY VERY Popular truck right now hot bodies are working very hard to supply parts to everyone so buy the truck the rtr is only$399 at ultimate hobbies it's just as good as the pro askcrazy chris another month and parts will be very easy to get HB IS playing catch up I don't think they expected the truck to move so fast!! I have a rtr and IF you race all i can say is build a trophy case don't listen to those dealer's there just jealous our shop has been dealing with hb for years and service is #1. hope this helps
Old 03-05-2005, 09:47 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: stonesavage

CHILL THERMAL
Im confused? lol. What did i say or do to need to "CHILL". Anyway, i'll wait and see what happens. If the parts become readily available, as well as the truck, then i'll pick one up.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:59 PM
hybridstone

i think i have no choice but to pass it up. that s why! no big deal bro just a word? anyway thermal mabey look in to geting a sutpro awesome racer and parts real easy to get and cheap cost the pro is WAAAAAAY better than the gs storm sut rtr. IT IS SO TOUGH and CRAZZZY FAST> here a few pics of mine
Old 03-05-2005, 10:01 PM
hybridstone

Old 03-05-2005, 10:04 PM
ThermalRD

Yer a little hyper tonight arent ya? lol. Not really interested in a SUT Pro. I do like em though.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:09 PM
hybridstone

wwwwwwhatttt mmmmmmakes you saaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy ttthatt
Old 03-05-2005, 10:29 PM
crazychris7

haqhah you guys can get crazy sometimes... anyway, the stadiums parts are going to start picking up soon, HB didnt expect the truck to hit so hard and get that much success. Talking to HB reps, dealers and racers, all their parts will be available very soon, so dont worry about it at all. I own both the pro and RR and love them both to death. This truck is one of the hottest selling trucks out right now, a extremely capable racer and all in all.. a great truck if you are looking for a bash/race truck. Granted, hard bashing one would not be a great idea, but get some road tires and gear it a lil differently and you have a great truck for parking lots and around the house. The normal MT upgrades are needed (steering servo, wheels/tires) but out of the box it will really amaze you. Im not a rep of any kind for these trucks, just a owner that loves his trucks and wants to know everything about them and having the top 4 MT drivers locally driving them, its a great feeling. Next week I will have a worked over novarossi .28 in the pro and a Wasp .28 in my RR... i cant help but mod these to make them as fast as i can! I say get one... now Dont worry about the aftermarket right now, just take it easy with a new truck and dont be jumping it like crazy and beating the hell outta it.. that WILL break parts. But if you do break it, HB support is great to me and will work everything out you need worked out.

Chris
Old 03-05-2005, 10:43 PM
hybridstone

IT"S TRUE I HEARD THE SAME THANG in canada LSP AND RTR LS ARE THE HOTTEST SELLING r/c's on the planet right now! oops sorry revo guys!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:45 PM
2DMaxLST!!

So far I have not had to buy any replacement parts. I have found it to be very tough. All I have done is install the J/R from a LST, a 200oz steering servo and added diff fluid to each diff. I used 7/10/3. I drive it like I stole it and it continues to impress me.

This is a raw video so you can get a actual feel for what it is like. I have never driven anything else except for Monster trucks...
[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/lst/LSP_bashing.wmv]Video: Bashing with a LSP, look very closely at the last 20 seconds or so....[/link]

Edit: I got mine on Tower with one of those cupons they always have for like $25 off a $300 and more purchase so I got mine for $519. It was only available for a short period.

Click for a larger version. Dirty LSP with all electronics removed....
[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/LST_dirty.JPG][/link]

For me, these two pieces do everything I want in R/C

I think it cleans up nice and is ready for some air.(click image for larger view)
[link=http://www.dennisnadams.com/tmaxx/LST/wheeln_9_14%20(Large).JPG][/link]

I need to get some video of this and my LST throwing down. It is really kinda funny. The problem is one of us is always maning the camera.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:25 AM
crazychris7

youre crazy 2Dmaxx... haha i wouldnt even go play in the mud like that with my truck... but ya should see it after a 20 min main on a wet sandy clay track... One question tho... why no side window stickers? haha like i used to say with my old stang.. i only need to see in front of me because i already know the guy im arcing is behind me Your vids are pretty good i must say, but we ned to get you to a track so we can get that pro some track time like its meant for, whats it with street and a dirt road? jk bro, very nice trucks, and how is that 7<10<3 working for ya? I prolly need to change the diffs pretty soon on my pro... havent done that for awhile...

Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Did you see at the end of the video I went under the water briefly... It happend so quick all I could do is gun it and get out of there. (trust me that was a accident)

We would have raced today but we went to a local park in my neighborhood last night and it was so wet I figured we were rained out today. I drove over to the shop on my way to the off road area and they were racing today!! I live about 30 miles from there and they were all dry. It was a real bummer!! The video there was me just goofing and getting it warmed up so my son could drive ti and I could tape. After I dipped it in the water the battery pack dumped and we wheeled in the 1:1 for a while and it started raining. Basically the whole day was a bust. [>:][>:]
Old 03-06-2005, 01:17 AM
crazychris7

haha sounds like fun. nice truck btw, brief view in the vid... tundra? anyway, last few nights have been building the local track for the roar nats... gonna be wild... a good tight tech track and ill have pics up when its done... gonna be a nice one! haha i used to take my ol tmaxx muddin , i remember that... thats how we'd check how bad the pits were, just run the savys and maxxes thru it and then run our jeeps thru... fun times. So its off to bed for me.. its been a LONG day running around in a bobcat, tomorroas gonna be just as fun (those damn things are FUN!)

Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 01:28 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Yeah, the guys who really wheel will laugh at the 20inch Enkies....

I clean the tundra the son cleans the Lightning, that's fair right??

Earlier looking for LSP/LST running areas
Old 03-06-2005, 01:55 AM
crazychris7

ah man thats nice... tundras = [8D] and those wheels look good on it. [link=http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/5a762383/bc/Mail+Attachments/LSP.avi?bfiwqKCBUT.jDF2J]Stadium Overview[/link] Crappy vid but you guys get the point (done with a digi cam cause im too lazy to get the other cam)... Great layout on these trucks, really easy to work on stuff and just these things rock!

Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 10:57 AM
2DMaxLST!!

I can't get your video link to work.

I will try and get some track footage this week if it stops raining then I can report on my choice in diff fluids.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Raster

Chris,

I'm thinking about getting one of these as well, but for hard bashing and lots of heavy jumping. I've read that a buggy might be better if it's going to be jumped a lot. What you said was interesting about the LSP maybe not being the best for hard bashing. What would break on it? Would the Lightning Pro2 buggy be a better choice for hard bashing? What would cause the LSP to break more readily than the LP2 buggy? Is the LSP more prone to break in hard bashing, than say, a regular MT like the Revo, Savage, MGT, etc.?

Thanks,
Ras
Old 03-06-2005, 04:36 PM
crazychris7

Well the suspension holders WILL break if you do alot of jumping. The arms and all the suspension goes thru alot of abuse when you do alot of heavy jumping. The LSP is a great track truck, but if youre gonna do the stuff trilordy, beaverstick and slap ma fro do in their vids, Id look at MT's like the MGT, revo/maxx and savage because they are built for that kind of driving and the aftermarket on savys and maxxes are huge so you wont have to worry about the LHS not having parts and such. A buggy is nice, but when you look at it, buggies are made for racing, plain and simple. Bashing one isnt the greatest idea... even tho theyre fast and jump high... they'll need new tires ever gallon or 2, parts for some buggies are hard to get locally, and most of the RTR buggies have alright motors, but you'll be wanting more. So for you, Id recommend if you want a buggy, get a Sportwerks Mayhem, i have one and i havent had any probs with it and is a great value for the price. For a MT look at your LHS and see what they carry alot of parts for, because if you bash, you WILL break something. I suggest a maxx or savy (savy out of the box and maxx with rpm arms, shock towers and bulkhead braces) But if you have your heart set on a stadium, get the RR and put a diff steering servo, wheels and tires and go out and play. They arent the best truck for bashing, but they hold their own. If you bash hard, expect to break parts, theres no way around it. And right now stadium parts are a little short (wait a month or 2, theyre coming) and if you break something, chances are you'll have to wait till they come in because with this truck being one of the top sellers right now, HB didnt see that in the future and didnt make enough. Hell, get a Lightning2 buggy, then get the arms, shafts, shocks, another center diff (stadium stock), 14mm hexes and some mt wheels and you have a buggy AND a shorty stadium all in one. best of both worlds and if you break an arm or shaft, you always have parts to swap over to the other setup. Im thinking of doing that myself... sorry for the book, when i start typing... i cant stop

Chris
Old 03-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Raster

So are the buggies as prone to breaking as the LSP? Also, are you saying the Mayhem Pro is tougher and stronger than the Lightning Pro2 buggy?

I already have all the MTs - I'm just looking for something different.

Thanks again,
Ras
Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
crazychris7

Ive beat my mayhem hard.. nothing has broken yet. As long as they are set up right, anything can be built tough. Stuff will break, no matter what you drive.. just a matter of when and what. Lots of rcs are built to last, but theres weakpoints on everything

Chris
Old 03-07-2005, 03:28 PM
hybridstone

HEY does any of you know what parts off the lightning buggy fit the LS drivetrain the same? hingepin holders? I can pick one up dirt cheap(roller).
Old 03-08-2005, 07:12 PM
crazychris7

Man oh man... ran about 10 tanks thru my beast todau just because I had a new gallon of fuel, so i had to burn up the last of the other bottle These things clean up REAL nice! As fot the lightning buggy... you COULD get the arms, driveshafts, steering links, a regeared center diff (go thru and do the diffs just in case), 14mm hexes and a set of MT wheels/tires and have a shorty lightning stadium. Thats wht I have planned because i have a Pro Lightning 2 buggy w/o an engine or anything that i got the other day... gonna order all the parts up for it and see how much better/worse it is at the local track which is now a pretty tight tech course so it'll be lots of fun (38ft run to a 20 ft tabletop... i land on the jump 10 ft after the landing up to a elevated 90 degree berm to a 1.5 ft dropoff to a straight ) lots of fun we're gonna be having! Ill get pics this weekend of the races and more or less the track layout of the 2005 ROAR gas nats. Lemme know if any of you are coming down end of april to the races, I'll hook you up...
Oh yea, and like usual, MORE PICS!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37485.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	240590   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg13983.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	240591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45408.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	240592  
Old 03-08-2005, 09:00 PM
hybridstone

Chris so the bulkheads or(gearbox) on the buggy will fit the lsp?what about the diffs(ring gear) is that the same?I can get it dirt cheap just want it for spare parts for the LS. p.s my ls is now a copycat of your's sorry man I couldn't resist it just looks to damn sick!! lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.