Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

O.S. 18 CVRX Not runnig at full potential

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

O.S. 18 CVRX Not runnig at full potential

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 06:58 PM
LSTSMOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O.S. 18 CVRX Not runnig at full potential

Whats up all, i got a brand new OS .18 in my tmaxx that i raced today and it kept acting up, their is no power at 220 degrees and it acts like their is an air leak of some sort. i checked the fuel tank,the fuel line, but i did move the nipple that the fuel line goes into 180degrees, would that have any effect on the temp and how it runs? Also when the truck would go around a turn it seemed to get the right amount of fuel but in the str8's it would just bog. Can anyone help? Ideas?
Old 04-17-2005, 09:00 PM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: O.S. 18 CVRX Not runnig at full potential

moving the nipple in it's self is not bad... if it didn't seal back up right then there's your airleak BTW what makes you think it's an air leak? from the sound's of it you just need to TUNE your engine and by that I don't mean tuning it to run 220!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not ONE of my CV-RX'S run worth poo under say 240-250 and most of the time i'm around 270-280 if I run the tank out and run it hard... BTW I'm NOT I repeat NOT tuning to temp!!! IMHO more engines are RUINED these day's by running them way to RICH than to lean all thank's too the temp gun... this whole tunning temp thing is just another way to destroy a good engine... run/tune it until you get peak performance then richen it up a bit so it's not to lean as the tank empties... check your temp's if you like to see where there at but don't tune to them! BTW a quick explanation on the turn/straight away thing... when you running the straight's the engine has it best undisturbed fuel flow so it goes rich... in the turns your pulling G's, sloshing the fuel around and inhibiting fuel draw causing it to lean just a bit and ALMOST show you what it should be running like all the time

John
Old 04-18-2005, 12:23 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

Listen to this guy. Throw away the temp gun. Like said, tune for peak performance and richen it a tiny bit.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:02 PM
fhm101

Do it like the onroad guys. Hold it WOT and lean it till it starts to stutter then richen it up just enough to smooth it back out. J/K, but really, if you are only running your CVR at 220 it's way too rich. I run a CVR in my race maxx and it comes off around 250~270 after a 5 minute heat. Tune by sound and smoke for regular running and use the temp gun to fine tune your low end. Warm your truck up with a good five minutes of running to make sure the chassis is saturated, bring it in and shoot the temp. Let it idle while you count to 10 and recheck it, it should drop 6 to 8 degrees. If not, your bottom end is too lean.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:12 PM
[email protected]

does anyone no at what pusitions the scrues are supost to be at because i have my engine in a rc10gt and it is running like crap and i have no idea how to tune it and it takes like fifteen minuts to start thx in advancce.