Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What Is Fast As The Traxxas And As Tough?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What Is Fast As The Traxxas And As Tough?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 08:30 PM
d.shumate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Is Fast As The Traxxas And As Tough?

In the next few months I'll be in the market for a new nitro truck. I had a bad experience with the Traxxas T-Maxx and really don't want to deal with the company anymore. I'm looking for something that's rtr, has the speed of the T-Maxx and as tough as the Savage 25. I've only owned the T-Maxx and don't know what the exquivalent would be. Please advise.

Thank you.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Ovgron

Default RE: What Is Fast As The Traxxas And As Tough?

I dont wanna be a jackass, but will probably come off as one anways.

You basically said "Whats best mt besides t-maxx/savage", now youll get a bunch of respones that will name off all the other nitro mts there are.

I can guess the next 5 responses...

Buy a MGT
Get a LST
Just go buy a Savage
Use the search button
Genises... nuf' said
Old 04-22-2005, 09:51 PM
maxx power
My Feedback: (1)

Look at the TNX, easily as fast as the Traxxas products, and in my opinion easily as durable as the Savage. A couple friends have the Savage 4.6 and they have had to do a lot more wrenching on their trucks than I have on my TNX.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:52 PM
CR500rider

ok, well here is one problem....the tmaxx is pretty decent as far as speed goes but its about as durable as your moms antique flower vase.......the savage is the most durable truck i know of but its not exactly the fastest truck out there unless you get the 4.6 SS kit but like you said you need a RTR. I hear the LST is fast but ive heard bad things about them. But i really think your best bet would be a savage 4.6 and you would just have to buy a controller. if you want the speed of a maxx and the durability of a savage this is the only thing i can think of besides the MGT but they arent even as fast as a savage 25 RTR and i really dont know how durable they are
Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 PM
crazychris7

Im gonna add to CR.. he took most of the words outta my mouth MGT is a great truck, its RTR and isnt too expensive, the LST is a GREAT truck but its $$$ and ive seem more broken arms than anything on those trucks. The fact is, if you want something fast, durable, exc... RTR isnt really where you want to look. Sure, its easier and cheaper, but when you are serious into RC, RTR's just dont have enough anymore. The Savage 4.6 is a great kit, along with the giga crusher (i know, flame all you want, its still a nice truck!) The truth is, every RTR has crappy servos, usually a crappy radio, and although you run the same day you open the box, a kit helps you learn more about the truck so rebuilding diffs/replacing parts is a little easier to you and you wont have to sit there for 15 mins trying to figure out how to take it apart. Truth be known, maxxes arent the most durable truck out there, they break easily, so RPM parts are needed if you bash hard, savages are bashers, but everybody and their mom drives one (my wife drives one even ) But if youre really only wanting a RTR where the stock servo is weak, radio is substandard (except the LST, which if im going to pay 600 for, i BETTER get a good radio) and will have to worry about whenever the kid down the street turns on his radio shack rc... (stupid am radio) then more power to ya, we all started there.. and i still buy a rtr once in awhile just to rip it back apart and rebuild it like i want The MGT, Warhead (if it ever comes out ), Hot Bodies Lightning GT (or a stadium if you race at all), TNX, or maybe even a Revo would be a great choice... but always get what you can get parts for locally, nothing woorse than running it for 15 mins then breaking a part you have to wait a week for... and your LHS is there to help you with your truck... tower or ultimate isnt... try calling them to figure out whats wrong with your truck sometime...

Chris
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
bighitbiker3

LOL prolly dont want to hear this but get a savage. It is extremely durable then you can upgrade to like the collari .30 or the SH.28 and it will be too fast for you.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:17 AM
RenegadeRevo

Well, to be honest, you won't get anything much more durable than a Savage or a Revo. Speed wise, I think the fastest truck is either the Mammoth or the CEN Genesis (both of which break by just looking at them... Mammoth I know for sure breaks all the time... and I have just HEARD about the Genesis). You said you don't want Traxxas, but the Revo is more durable than the T-Maxx and just a LITTLE faster... of course, there's many different engine choices with the Revo ... that will make it even more fast. (I will be getting my TM323 this week... ) Other than that, I think you'll be breaking parts on just about ANY truck... even the most durable ... there is a reason they make EXTRA parts... I agree... find out what your LHS has parts for... 'cause it sucks waiting for parts to come in.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:47 AM
crazychris7

ALSO, why not just upgrade your maxx with the cash you are looking to spend? I know traxxas is a "fun" company to deal with... What i would do personally, is just RPM everything, big block power and a good radio... it'll be faster for sure, and will prolly save you a little money, and you'll have a kick ***** truck! But i know how it is when you get a new truck... nuttin like raping a new toy (after its broken in of course ) But new truck= new problems.. nothing is bulletproof... thats why they make replacement parts

Chris
Old 04-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Ovgron

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

Well, to be honest, you won't get anything much more durable than a Savage or a Revo. Speed wise, I think the fastest truck is either the Mammoth or the CEN Genesis (both of which break by just looking at them... Mammoth I know for sure breaks all the time...)

I dont understand the Mammoth comment at all. Mammoth is one of the most durable trucks there is, if not the most durable. How did you come to the conclusion that mammoths break all the time?
Old 04-23-2005, 02:03 AM
turbopwr

Well you want the speed of a TMAXX and the durability of the Savage. There is a truck on the market that meets that criteria but will not get many recommendations because many people have never driven or seen one in action. That truck is the TNX. You not only get the speed and durability, but the TNX will out handle both of those trucks. I have a TMAXX,MGT with a Wasp 26, and a TNX. Believe me the TNX is a better truck. It is the most fun truck to drive of the 3 I own. I have driven a Savage and it is a strong truck and loves to jump but it does not handle very good. As for the Mammoth it is fast but I have heard they are not the most reliable truck(weak shock towers,chassis flex).
Old 04-23-2005, 03:59 AM
CR500rider

that is so true about the Mammoth....POS My friend had one, key word here is "had". they do practicaly break by looking at it, and if you think they are the most durable truck out there then you must drive like my grandma
Old 04-23-2005, 04:43 AM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: Ovgron

Well, to be honest, you won't get anything much more durable than a Savage or a Revo. Speed wise, I think the fastest truck is either the Mammoth or the CEN Genesis (both of which break by just looking at them... Mammoth I know for sure breaks all the time...)

I dont understand the Mammoth comment at all. Mammoth is one of the most durable trucks there is, if not the most durable. How did you come to the conclusion that mammoths break all the time?
Very easily... THEY DO. The first nitro truck I ever experienced was a Mammoth. My friend had one. It was RIPPIN' FAST... but EVERYTIME he took it out... even if he didn't jump it... it broke something. They're WEAK. They're very simple (I like that) but they're WEAK. If you can't take it off of a small jump without breaking it... it's not "durable" The friend I'm talking about finally SOLD his Mammoth to some sucker... and bought himself a Revo. How do you come to the conclusion that they're the most DURABLE? HA! If you did HALF the stuff I do with my Revo with a Mammoth.. sure it could get there faster, but it wouldn't be running after about 5 minutes... and after I get my new engine, my Revo will SMOKE a Mammoth. Got another friend who was GIVEN a SIRIO .27 powered Mammoth... he can't keep the thing running! They're worthless.... heavy... and very breakable... but AWESOME if you want a FAST... STRAIGHT LINE... STREET-DRIVEN. NON-JUMPING, NON-BASHING, NON-RACING RTR Truck. (Forgot to mention their HORRIBLE steering capabilities) -End of Mammoth Review-
Old 04-23-2005, 04:54 AM
Cyberfyn

FG Monster Beetle

60mph.

Mega tough.

26cc Gas engine (up to one hour run on one tank)!

Sounds like a Moto X bike!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24161.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	261739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36318.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	261740  
Old 04-23-2005, 09:50 AM
DarkSavageX

get a revo or savage
Old 04-23-2005, 12:16 PM
piccorevo

yep revo is way durable i beat the living daylights out of mine and i have only broken stuff when i have driven it into things like trees and lamposts that are attracted to my truck that just jump out on me
Old 04-23-2005, 12:44 PM
titan66

i have a mammoth and stock it is weak to make it durable you need a tower support and aluminum a-arms but i dont recomend that truck even though it will smoke any other truck except the menace. but the cen genisi is not even close to being one fo the fastest, youre ucky to hit 35. i recomend either the revo ro the lst, the lst requires a few upgrades but comes with an awesome engine and radio, while the revo is durable but comes with not great engine and a crap am radio, so it really depends on what you want and what you are wiling to spend. my only advis is to stay away from the cen and the mammoth just to much trouble especially the cen which just plain sucks[:'(]
Old 04-23-2005, 01:48 PM
RenegadeRevo

My bad... I thought it was the Genesis that was the fast one... but it was the Menace that I was thinking of. I was thinking about the LST, but I've heard they're like the Mammoth... and they break a lot, *shrug* I don't know... just what I've heard.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:09 PM
lloydy

well, the mad force is unbreakable and fast, what more do u want

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...ce_rset-e.html

take a look
Old 04-23-2005, 02:24 PM
titan66

the lst needs a few things but then it is actually very durable and you get a great engine and radio so if i could afford one i would get it, but my dad wont let me sel my mammoth[:'(]
Old 04-23-2005, 02:45 PM
turbopwr

If you guys read the original post he does not want to deal with Traxxas anymore and he wants something reliable. Revo is made by traxxas and the mammoth and LST are not known for their reliability. I understand you have loyalty to your trucks cause you own one but lets stick to the criteria he has stated.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:22 PM
RenegadeRevo

On what planet is the Mammoth considered a DURABLE TRUCK? I've never owned one but before I owned a R/C truck, my friend had a Mammoth and I experienced it. I experienced it every time we couldn't use his Mammoth because he had to get some parts... or it was at the LHS being fixed. I'm sorry to say it, but you won't find ANYTHING as durable as the Savage or Revo... and only a few faster. SO, in my opinion... if you don't want to have the BEST truck (Revo) since it's made by Traxxas... settle for second place... (Savage)
Old 04-23-2005, 04:02 PM
titan66

i never said the mammoth was durable stock but with a few things it can be very durable, same with the lst which is faster than a revo and has a better radio and is not made bt traxxas, the savage is very durable and thats all you can reaaly say about it. its slow handles like crap and rolls very easily, so if he does not want a traxxas i say go for an lst and get the few things that are needed to make it very durable. also you wont find a more reliable engine than the mach .26 and it is very pwerful.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:41 PM
RenegadeRevo

actually....that comment was more pointed towards turbopwr's post

AND... P.S. The LST isn't faster than the Revo... both being in stock form, they're pretty equal. HOWEVER, the Revo has more of an advatntage, since it COMES with a .15 which can easily be upgraded to a .23 or higher... which would BLOW the LST out of the water. The LST doesn't have many "power" options ... it's already got a 7-port Mach .26, which is one of the more powerful engines available. You can put a bigger engine, but won't see the gains that a Revo would.... and for the extra price... you can get a nice radio.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
titan66

oh sorry thought you were talking to me but several people i know with equal engines in both still say the revo is slower, i think it;s because of the lst's slightly higher gearing
Old 04-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Ovgron

On what planet is the Mammoth considered a DURABLE TRUCK? I've never owned one but before I owned a R/C truck, my friend had a Mammoth and I experienced it. I experienced it every time we couldn't use his Mammoth because he had to get some parts... or it was at the LHS being fixed. I'm sorry to say it, but you won't find ANYTHING as durable as the Savage or Revo... and only a few faster. SO, in my opinion... if you don't want to have the BEST truck (Revo) since it's made by Traxxas... settle for second place... (Savage)

Well, last time I was at my LHS, there was a guy outside with a employee getting his revo tuned. I was watching because I had never seen a Revo run before. Hes cruising around, and runs into the curb at around 15mph with the front right tire and broke both of his front cantilever arms (I dont know how he broke both though). The time before that there was a guy getting savage tuned (I usually watch whatever is getting tuned to see if it performs to my liking, thats how I came about buying my X-factor, X-terminator, Thunder Quake, and Stampede). They just finished tuning and the guy said he'll finish off the fuel in the truck (like a 1/10 of a tank). He takes off cruising around the parking lot and gets lined up and just slams it. He lost control, tried slowing down, and hit a curb head on at about 15mphs and broke his front right tire off.

I remember a couple days before the Mammoth came out, one of the guys at my LHS showed me some video of them bashing the Mammoth at a skatepark with his Savage. He said, "I broke 2 a-arms and a bulkhead on my Savage, but the Mammoth didnt have a scratch on it".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.