Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

revo,lst,savage,t maxx,tnx:for big jumping?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

revo,lst,savage,t maxx,tnx:for big jumping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
hansdava

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo,lst,savage,t maxx,tnx:for big jumping?

which one of these is the best for big jumping.the revo compare to all of them?, is the revo any good compare to those just for big jumping?, is there a big difference comparing it to the lst , savage,.....?
and again it it the revo agains them. just for big air jumping and bashing..
thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:51 AM
cardriverx

Default RE: revo,lst,savage,t maxx,tnx:for big jumping?

the savage is the best big jumper, it can easly handle 15 foot jumps. it is also knowen for its durabilty, which helps in the big jumps. the revo is a great truck, but in jumping, the revo isent even close to the savage
Old 05-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

Both the LST (With RPM arms) and the Savage are good jumpers. The LST has better control in the air and the Savage is definately durable.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
hansdava

is that big difference compare to the savage? if we had to an scale from 1 to 10 whare would be each one of them.
thanks for answering.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Ducman69

Since you mention the T-Maxx (which is not nearly as durable as the Savage) compare it side-by-side to a Revo. In addition to the sweet chassis/suspension, everythings simply been "upped" on the Revo from bearings, seals everywhere, and well just beefed up overall. The current Revos that are shipping are definitely durable, and thats what matters when you are bashing.

However, the Revo suspension is adjusted to be compliant. This makes it very fast and can tackle some really rough terrain w/o upsetting the chassis, but it tries to soak up jumps. On smaller jumps it can nose in since the suspension compresses so much (w/ non-progressive long rockers has more suspension travel than any current MT), and on big jumps it can bottom out. There are tons of springs, rocker, and damper adjustments that can be made though, to stiffen it up and let it soak up big jumps. And unlike the T-Maxx, you aren't replacing parts everytime you go out. Heres an example showing Revos can bash quite well, in addition to being decent racers due to the F1-like suspension design and flat chassis keeping everything low: http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=56885 (note: OS .18 TZ motors and RPM arms though in these, the 2.5R can keep up with a Savage .25 in a drag race, but not wheelie like that)

These are expensive toys. Ask your LHS where the guys nearby like to bash on a weekend. Head out and you'll probably get to see em in person.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:18 PM
hansdava

thanks for answering bro. so in all, you telling me that i could upgrate any revo and make it as good jumper as any savage?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:28 PM
RabidRacer

probably but ittle be smaller always. i like the lst with rpm arms. the huge shocks soak up anything. but savage would be second for me.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:37 PM
hansdava

thanks. so MGT better than both of them then?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:54 PM
RabidRacer

where did the mgt come in? i said LST as in Losi Super Truck
Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
hansdava

that's what i meant lst
Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Ducman69

Revo aint that small.

Here is a size comparison side by side to a Savage:
http://www.geocities.jp/ussan_savage/photograph/P4.JPG (sorry thats the best pic I could find)

The Revo chassis is wide and flat, putting all the components as low as possible (even the engine is tilted on its side). The Savvy is narrow and tall, which is strong and looks much more scale, but raises the CG w/o benefit of more ground clearance (Revo actually has 4" total on high adjustment) and makes it a little more difficult to service some components. You can tell by the rollbar though the difference in body height... it visually raises the Savvy considerably, but you'll actually see the bottom of the chassis underneath from the side.

But yeah, the Savage SS would probably make the best pure basher, but point was that the Revo can bash too while having some handling advantage.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:15 PM
hansdava

so , hpi SS .46 is the best then...?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:39 PM
ScMc

The SS is not a .46 It's a .28
Old 05-25-2005, 11:28 PM
hansdava

hpi savage ss 4.6 better and faster than the revo?anyone else to help please.thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 11:36 PM
8ball420

The savage 4.6 is slower than the revo by 5mph and i like the revo better. But the savage is slower.[8D]
Old 05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

As far as bashing I would get an LST or Savage. The Revo and T-Maxx are good trucks that are fast but not as durable as the other two. I'm kinda one sided because I have an LST and I love it but I like the others too. The LST is bigger, faster and handles better than the Savage but the Savage is cheaper and very durable. I haven't bashed my LST too hard yet but I'm very pleased with it so far. I know someone with each one of these trucks so I know how they like them and I have ran them.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:22 AM
hansdava

so for big jumping savage all the way . but which engine fits in the savage to make it go faster than the revo or lst?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Ducman69

I really think you should go check them out in person. I know you want a "THIS IS THE BEST EVAR HANDS DOWN" answer, but thats not going to be the case. Its like asking if a 911, Z06, or Viper is better/faster.

For starters, the SS -DOES- have a faster top speed than a Revo. Sure its heavier, but it has a near 3hp engine and a top speed of around 44mph compared to slightly over 40mph for the Revo. Also remember that top speed is more about gearing. Monster truck top speed isn't that important though, because they can't turn well when going that fast, especially a Savage with its vertical chassis putting so much weight up high. The SS kit has plenty of power, don't worry about that part.

And the Revo being compared in durability with a T-Maxx shows they've probably never spent time with a Revo or even looked at one closely IMO. Checkout the difference in the axles between the two for example. Saying the Revo isn't as durable as a Savage because the T-Maxx is not, well you could argue then that the Savage must fall apart because HPI on-road cars is seriously lacking. Not everything Traxxas or HPI makes is the same.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:22 PM
hansdava

thanks. but in your opinion what engine could be the best for the savage to make it go faster than the revo or lst....
Old 05-26-2005, 08:40 PM
hansdava

nobody ?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:17 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

I've seen a Revo and a Savage with the Mach 26 it them, So you should be able to put Any BB Engine in them with some work.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:24 PM
hansdava

is that a good engine?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:58 PM
SublimeJason
Banned

ORIGINAL: hansdava

is that a good engine?
I Really Like it, I'm on my 7th Gallon and it is Easy to Tune and has Good Power,
I've heard of a few People Breaking the Con- Rods in the last little while But I've been Very Happy with it, I even Bought another for Back-up.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:03 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Hansdava, I know a guy that's got a Mach .26 in his Savage and he said that it's very fast. I'm not as for sure on the Savage but if a Collari .30 will fit in the Savage then I think that engine would be all that you could handle. Not saying that it's too much power because there'e never too much power! It's just according to what kinda budget you have because the Mach .26 will run you $130 and the Collari will run ya about $200. To me it's worth the extra if it'll fit in the Savage. Mach .26 runs almost 3hp and the Collari .30 runs 3.5hp but also has more torque. I'm not positive but I would say that you could outrun a Revo or LST with a Mach .26 engine and for sure with the Collari .30. I have an LST so I know what the Mach .26 engine is capable of and it's a quick engine. It would be even a little quicker in the Savage since it is a little smaller and lighter than the LST. I'm getting ready to put a Collari .30 in my LST so I'm gonna see what she can do!
Old 05-27-2005, 09:02 AM
streetracer10989

ok oyu may not look @ this but i work at a local hobby shop and every sunday we get alot of people to come bashing with us @ a rock cuary andwe jump our monster trucks from the tops of the piles to the botom of the piles. ok this is what i think you should get if your gunna bash MONSTER GT! i never broke mine it maybe expensive but its worth it! it has a flowless reverse unlike traxxas's which @ idle get cuaght inbetween forward/reverse. the TNX is super cool it handles, its fast, and its very simple but the axels snap when oyu hit the ground a to hard and gets expensive and theres no conversion to a cvd to stop the problem but now using duratrax parts its convertable but really ex*****e just about over $100 and that gets me to the next problem with the tnx/and traxxas trucks is there starting mechanizm ez starters and tamiyas version both i dont like. theyre sometimes hard to start during break in and become a hastle when flooded. when i had the 2.5 motor in my t-maxx it would flood constintly and i finaly changed the motor after i blew the 2.5. now that brings me to my next problem with traxxas the motors are S**T they are always having problems. this is why i seriously want to guide people away from them if your a beginner! so if you want something SUPER RELIABLE get the monster gt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.