Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

HELP!!! What's the Best KIT Monster Truck on the Market???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

HELP!!! What's the Best KIT Monster Truck on the Market???

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 04:03 PM
GP82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! What's the Best KIT Monster Truck on the Market???

Hi All, want to buy myself a KIT Monster truck. Not bothered about the price just want something fast and durable... for bashing mostly and that won't be out of date anytime soon.
Out of the RTR MT's i would toss up between the TNX and the Revo. Is their anything along those lines in a KIT. What is the performance of a KIT trucks compared with the TNX and the Revo.

Thanks,
GP82
Old 06-10-2005, 05:40 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: HELP!!! What's the Best KIT Monster Truck on the Market???

If your set on a kit MT then I've heard a lot of good about the Savage SS 4.6. Fast, powerful and durable. The Savages are some of the most durable trucks made. The suspension is already upgraded and has a lot of nice parts with it. The 4.6 engine is pretty fast, I would say faster than the TNX and about the same as the Revo. Go to HPI's website and read all about it www.hpiracing.com. It's gonna run you around $400 for the kit, whereas the TNX will run you about $350 and the Revo about $470. But with the extra accessories needed to make it run it will put you even over the Revo's price. The 4.6's are very nice trucks though.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 PM
hybridstone

KIT=not many choices! savage4.6 would be the best!! if racing then sut pro kit!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:07 PM
raykessler

for a proven truck that u can do anything with id say the new savage

but for a purely bashing truck im gonna have to go with the Giga crusher twin... its just so damn cool
Old 06-10-2005, 09:21 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

If you REALLY want a kit, most trucks out there have enough aftermarket support... and sell all the parts of their trucks that you can just build it piece-by-piece... I was going to do that with another Revo until I realized that I didn't want an aluminum brick. I know there are a few people that have utilized ebay and different hobby shops to buy the parts for the trucks... know a guy that got a Revo for like $300 doing that.... I know that Traxxas has exploded views and parts lists on their websites, I would imagine other manufacturers do too. Doing it this way, you get what you want... and you get it in "kit" form. (You just have to supply the "kit")
Old 06-10-2005, 09:36 PM
2DMaxLST!!

If I was you and I wanted a kit I would get the Savage 4.6.

I helped a friend with a Savage SS .25 a while back and it turned out like this. We had to add the Ofna steering kit with 200oz Airtronics (still not a racer) and of course the 4 spyder diff conversion. It was slow and did not turn well but it was one hell of a basher and after a dual disk brake upgrade stopped really well. With the 4.6 I think a lot of these weaknesses had been addressed. I say best kit for the pure basher right now. I wish all R/C companies came out with kits.

My next kit was completely custom and a LST basher with all hardcore bashing parts. It is awsome!! But if cost and time is a concern I would go with the Savage 4.6

Finished LST basher project. I love this truck...........
Old 06-10-2005, 09:42 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 2DMaxLST!!

If I was you and I wanted a kit I would get the Savage 4.6.

Yeah... if I was getting a REAL kit... Savage 4.6 would be the one I'd choose.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:11 AM
GP82

Hi guys,

Thanks to the unanimity of your responces you have made it an easy choice. Anyway before going for the Savage 4.6 I will look into getting the parts for the Revo and putting it together myself as REVOFAMILY suggested. Still think the REVO is the best looking MT out there (personal opinion).
Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 AM
Pipeous
My Feedback: (63)

I get a kick out of seeing threads like this. people allready have their mind made up but ask opinions... best bet is to do lots of reading on forums and see what is available, opinions etc etc etc, then go to your local hobby shop and see what support you can get. the best truck is the one you can get parts for easily. a cool truck that is broken is junk beside a radio scrap car that works

I am going through support issues right now. have a club race today, glued parts, waiting for my parts order to arrive with a big out of town trophy race coming next weekend. I had to get someone in england to ship me parts and playing the fingers crossed game hoping they arrive in time
Old 06-16-2005, 01:08 AM
CDW

Thats what I did, I knew about RC-helicopters but nothing really about cars, I read a lot of reviews and different forums looking to see what is the best kit, and at the end I ordered the HPI Savage SS 4.6 from my LHS. I will only receive it the end of the month, in the mean time me and my son is playing on a smaller, much cheaper 1:10 Hotlander.