Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

truggy vs monster

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
palidang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truggy vs monster

iwanted to know how much a truggy can really do off road because i would like the performance increase yielded by truggies
Old 06-26-2005, 01:11 AM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: truggy vs monster

Most truggies are made for either road or dirt conditions, truggies aren't real good off-road unless your just planning on running it mostly on dirt. Truggies are usually a little faster and handle a little better than monster trucks but to me if your planning on running off-road very much then I would go with an MT, most of the MT's out there now-a-days aren't pretty quick and can go almost anywhere.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:39 AM
palidang

cool, my first instinct was MT cause i have a lot of places offroad i can run it plus my hobbie store doesnt have more than a clay oval which i wouldnt wanna race on. I just didnt want to get into a position where the monster wouldn't have enough kick and be nimble enough for me cause im used to 1/10 buggies plus if my friends and i can round up a couple more people were probably makin are own track
Old 06-26-2005, 02:17 AM
MountainMotor

Yea man, if you have a lot of off-roading ground then I'd look into an MT cause you can take those babies almost anywhere, whereas a truggy you can't. Like I said, a lot of the MT's now have a nice kick to them, it's just according to what your looking for. A lot of people think that because the MT's are big and heavy that they won't move but that's not the case, look at how big and powerful the engines are in those babies. When I'm off-road and I punch my truck it'll wheelie all you can handle.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:13 AM
palidang

right now im looking into the LST, Savage SS 4.6 as my main options so would both of these trucks have enough punch? anyways i have to wait till next spring to buy cause ill have some money by then plus ill have all summer to run the thing. there could be something new out for me to choose from anyways
Old 06-26-2005, 07:37 AM
maxximum_overdrive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both of those trucks are good choices in my opinion, i would kind lean towards the savy though. i hear good things about it. plus you get to build it so you will learn alot about the truck before you ever get to run it. this is a must.........get the best servos you can afford, period. it will cost a little more up front, but well worth the money. go metal gear/high torque. anyway my two cents.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:04 AM
jr29

How many of you have ever tried to off road a truggie? I have not ever been where I could not run my lighting. I have a .21 hardcore T-max that just sets on the shelf because I can bash and race the truggie. The idea of a truggie being a race only is not correct as it is a a great basher also
Old 06-26-2005, 09:35 AM
infernalstone

I don't think their saying it's a bad basher. I think the thought is that it's not AS good.

It's like this. take a stadium truck and an electric 2wd monster. Now yes, the stadium truck and go and play in the woods just fine. But the monster isn't going to beat itself up as bad as a lower riding, shorter tired truck.

Both work fine, but one works better as it was designed for it.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:59 PM
palidang

basically this is the thing i want a quality vehicle that can beat my friend's revo and monster gt and go all the same places
Old 06-26-2005, 09:47 PM
UltegraSTI

revos at our track. 34 (.18s) to 36 (2.5s) sec laps

trugs/race trucks 30-32sec laps

over just 5min heat races. it adds up.

see some trug hot laps [link=http://ryan.thewarf.com/RCvids.php]here[/link]
Old 06-27-2005, 09:00 PM
MountainMotor

Yea man, I have an LST and it has plenty of punch and is very durable. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:40 PM
red233

LST all the way if you want somthing that can beat a revo it is defenitly a LST.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:18 AM
preston777

The lst will beat the revo in a straight line but the revo handles better. also if you get a truggy you won't be able to do wheelies. truggies have a center differential so the power doosn't equally distribute to the front and rear. so that makes it alot better on a track when your coming off of a corner it will put the power to the front wheels from doing a wheelie.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:09 PM
palidang

well ive been narrowing it down for some time now to the LST, the Savage SS 4.6 and the hot bodies lsp. all of em would be cool and if you know that the monsters can be lowered and made more like the truggies then i would probably go for one of those. im just used to nimble little buggies like the b3. but i think the powerful nitro would kinda make up for it

any opinions on this?
thanks
Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
MountainMotor

You can lower monsters but then you kinda defeat the purpose of an MT. MT's are made to go anywhere, whereas truggys are made for handling and have a lower CG. If you lower an MT then it won't be able to off-road near as well so then it basically becomes a huge truggy. It's up to you, if that's what you want then do it, it can be done.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 PM
revopqrs

sounds like you want a revo.? its the best race mt, and if you install a bb its out of control fast! heres a vid of our 2 bb revos.
[link]http://www.rcpics.net/img/59611[/link]
Old 06-29-2005, 06:27 PM
palidang

I do wanna go off road and everything so i guess the qustion is: will the lst or 4.6 ss perform more like the lsp
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 PM
revopqrs

those are both the biggest heavyest trucks! neither are going to handle like a lsp. if i had to pick one it would be the lst, its a big monster! and very cool looking.
Old 06-30-2005, 11:31 PM
MountainMotor

Yea man, the LST should have all the kick you want. If your like me, your always looking for new and faster ways but the Mach .26 will do ya for a while. It actually handles pretty well for as big as it is because of the dual steering servos. Like I said, I love mine and would recommend it to anyone.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:42 PM
revopqrs

but a bb revo is as close to a lsp as your gonna get. sure, a stock revo and a stock lst are fairly close. but put any motor ya want in the lst, and pretty much any bb in a revo, and the revo turns into a freakin animal! now the revo will crush just about any mt in a drag, i drag raced a savage with 3.5hp and a 3 speed and beat it easily. and still fly on a track! my bb revo weighs 9 pounds and has 2.5hp, it handles almost as good as a truggy(i have a buggy) and you can beat the crap out of it! the ground clearance makes a big difference when bashing.
im not trying to talk you out of anything, i just wanted to tell you what i thought. heres a link to a vid of our revos, 2 bb 1 2.5. pics speak a thousand words.
[link]http://www.rcpics.net/img/59611[/link]
but i do like the lst, its a very sweet BIG truck.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:47 PM
crazychris7

3.5 hp??? 2.5 hp???? what motors are you talkin about here? The most i know about is the collari .30 and i dont think it has 3 hp even

Chris
Old 07-02-2005, 12:05 AM
revopqrs

well im talking claimed hp, the collari is just over 3 the sh claims 3.5, the picco 27 is 3.1 diablo 28 bla bla bla... there are a bunch claiming big hp, ohh the new collari 32, the racers edge 32. i think they are all low revving motors with alot of torque. havnt you seen any of these motors? there are several more.
what motor you runnin? my picco comp is 4 years old it has 2.5 hp.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:21 AM
MountainMotor

The Collari .30 was running at 3.5 hp but has more torque than an SH .28. I'm not for sure the specs on the .32 though. I would bet on an LST with a Collari .30 in it anyday, let a lone a .32. Yea the Revo would be fast with a bb in it but it's also a lot smaller truck. Revo's are nice trucks don't get me wrong, I'm just an LST man.
Old 07-02-2005, 12:34 AM
revopqrs

i completely understand! you can fit any motor in the revo that you can in the lst. thats my point i guess. how about 3.5hp in a 9 pound truck with 5 inches of wheel travel. thats hard to beat! (and drive!)
Old 07-02-2005, 01:02 AM
crazychris7

i dunno, im more of a "how fast can i get the truck to scoot around the track with this motor" kinda guy so hig hp and all that doesnt matter to me. A strong, solid powerband and reliability is top of the list for me. Big motors are great and all.. but in a racing enviroment its a totally diff thing. Yes, i have a modded and unmodded rossi .28, wasp .28, v specs, modded .21s and all that, but its all about the usable power to me over the "hey look i have so much pwoer that i spin out all the time" Id know.. try a s-maxx with a wasp .28 in there... 2wd, 2 speed on a dirt off road track.. not very good is it? all those conversions and all are great.. but in the end.. is all that power and whatnot really worth it? Ill stick with my LSRR with my picco .26.. it gets the job done..

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.