RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

mgt 2 speed question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 PM
fga
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgt 2 speed question

first, i've had this truck about 2 weeks, and i love it. complete stock. its perfect like this i don't want to change or hop up anything.
just a question on the 2 speed. when i first start driving it, it doesn't switch to 2nd. if i drive it for about a miniute or 2, it switches perfect. and the more i drive it that run, the better it shifts. do i have to adjust this, or is it common to not shift immediately. its almost like it has to warm for a minute or so, then adjusts itself. i'm happy with it, i just don't want to ruin it if its not supposed to be this way.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:03 PM
monstatruCkin

Default RE: mgt 2 speed question

i have an mgt and it shifts the same all the time. it should shift within 15ft from a standing start. if you think its shifting to late turn it in small incriments counterclokwise and it will shift earlier. it shouldnt have to "warm up" though. the way your describing it, it sounds like either your 2speed adjustment screw might be loosining or something is stikin. if i were u, id take out the 2 speed adjustment screw(refer to your manual for the correct screw color to adjust) put some loktite on it screw it down all the way and bak it out six turns from closed and it should shift beautifully. report your results
Old 07-17-2005, 06:05 PM
ThermalRD

Its fine. Its your engine warming up. Your engine is not getting max RPM's right when you start running it. When it warms up, it starts to perform better. Thats when you see the shift. You are probably just running a little rich. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:05 PM
monstatruCkin

o yea just make sure your engine is tuned properly and it is makin enough rpms to shift the 2 speed
Old 07-17-2005, 06:06 PM
monstatruCkin

hey thermal we must of been typin at the same time lol. so hows your genesis?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:24 PM
ThermalRD

Genesis is great. My experience with it is simply NOTHING like what i've heard. I love it!
ORIGINAL: monstatruCkin

hey thermal we must of been typin at the same time lol. so hows your genesis?