RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Trouble with the throttle?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 11:15 PM
MountainMotor
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with the throttle?

Hey guys went out to check on the servo battery of my LST and turned the power on to it and the wheels would turn fine but when I tried to hit the throttle it acted like it was trying to turn my servo and the linkages moved but it wouldn't open up my carb? The linkage between the two servos acts like it's turning the throttle servo and it twists all the way open but my servo won't open my carb? You guys think it could be my servo or is it something that's sticking on my carb?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:36 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: Trouble with the throttle?

Pop the linkage off the carb. See if you can work the carb slide by hand. See if the servo is operating everythig properly when it's disconnected. Those two checks will tell you which way to go in your troubleshooting.
Dave
Old 07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
MountainMotor

Hey Dave, that's the two things that I tried last night. The servo seemded to be turning fine on it's own and the carb was not sliding too bad. The carb may have been just a bit snug but I figured that the servo could turn it anyway. If I try and take the carb off what all can I try and clean to smooth it up?
Old 07-26-2005, 03:36 PM
DaveG55

Ok, you do know that the carb on the Mach is a slide not a rotary carb, right? When the throttle servo works it pulls the slide towards the front of the truck. There's no rotation except at the servo horn.
I should have asked this next question earlier. Is the rx battery fully charged? That's the very first thing that needs to happen before you start trying to trouble shoot this. When my rx battery gets low the servos do all sorts of very odd things. Like the throttle will work as long as I'm not trying to turn at the same time. The carb slide is sealed by a rubber boot so unless you've been running in a very dusty enviroment or the boot is damaged thats probably not your problem. One other thing, where is your throttle return spring attached? If it is pulling too hard the throttle servo will struggle to open properly.
Dave
Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

When my battery gets low, my throttle servo begins to rock gas/brake, gas/brake and the front wheels will cut completely in one direction and stay there.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:24 PM
MountainMotor

No, it's not the battery, I fully charged it last night before I started working on anything. I was hoping for an easy solution with the battery, , but it didn't happen. My boot seems to be fine. My spring is attached to my high-speed screw and around the bottom part of the front of my carb (on the bottom part of the low-speed screw). Yea, I knew it was a slide carb, I was kinda general when I said that, I meant that my servo was rotating all the way around.