Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Looking for advice on a new Truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Looking for advice on a new Truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 AM
The Limey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice on a new Truck

Hello all,

I am kind of new to the RC world, someone gave me a T-Maxx and i have had a blast upgrading it and tearing around with it. My question is i just got some spare cash and was looking at buying a new truck, (i don't race i am more of a basher, or solo ripping through local building sites and scrub land) and was looking for some ideas on what truck to buy?

I know there are a lot of different opinions but i really would like some input from people who have more experience than me. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:50 AM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Looking for advice on a new Truck

well...i would get a revo, savage, lst, mgt..(mgt LAST on my list...revo FIRST)
Old 08-01-2005, 03:53 PM
peed

awesome mt trucks:

-lst
-revo
-savage

i think if you search for some information about this trucks, you will be happy with your choise.........i would go with the lst.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

prolly either MGT, Savage, Revoare your best picks

LST is another idea, but im not sure how much you have to spend to get all the bugs worked out (not sure if there are still bugs with it)
Old 08-01-2005, 04:44 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

I think most of the MT's would be great to get for bashing. The Revo and the Savage have the reputation of being the most durable for bashing. The LST is a great truck, and would be a great basher, also... there are a few weak points on the LST (So I've heard) but that can be remedied with aftermarket parts. Personally, I like the Revo. It is by far my favorite truck. In stock form, it's a great basher. (I had 2... and they were awesome... now I have 1... and it ROCKS). The 2.5r in the Revo is a great engine for bashing, however you may want to change to a larger displacement engine so as to get more wheelie popping power (if that's what you want). All 3 of them also have great aftermarket support. The LST is the most expensive out of the bunch, however, you do get a better radio. Personally, the Traxxas TQ-3 has done GREAT for me. It's all personal preference and LHS support. If your LHS doesn't support a truck, don't get it unless you want to wait for weeks for your parts to come in.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:48 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the latest generation MT's are good trucks, and most have evolved to be better than the Tmaxx (which is becoming outdated, but still fun to drive). The Revo, Savage, MGT, and LST are all great choices (as stated by everyone else as well), and each has their own pro's and con's.

If you're on a budget, the MGT often goes for ~$350, if you shop hard enough. Also, you can find some killer deals on used trucks at the auction sites. Used trucks usually go for ~half of the total amount invested, so you can usually get a pretty tricked out truck for less than new.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
The Limey

Thanks for all the ideas!!

Well i took the plunge and bought a Revo. Money was not really an issue as i had a good weekend in Las Vegas. I remembered from my T-Maxx that i did not like the radio so i bought a Airtronics MX3S and installed that right out of the box.

Luckily for me my LHS carries all the goodies, now it's time to Break In the engine. i will post some pics (even though it's stock) soon.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Jtrux

Revo or Savage. Check with LHS and get the one with the best LHS support. Support is you most important concern. Like some one said earlier you do not want to have to order every time you break something (the hassle of waiting for it to come in plus the cost of shipping). In many cases you are cheaper in the long run going with LHS. Good Luck
Old 08-02-2005, 10:27 AM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Jtrux

Revo or Savage. Check with LHS and get the one with the best LHS support. Support is you most important concern. Like some one said earlier you do not want to have to order every time you break something (the hassle of waiting for it to come in plus the cost of shipping). In many cases you are cheaper in the long run going with LHS. Good Luck
he already got a truck, read the post above yours. [:-]