Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Proline Powerstrokes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proline Powerstrokes.

I just won [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5989700440&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1]THIS[/link] on eBay. Is $66 NIB a decent price?

What hardware will I need to make them fit the MGT? And how is the spring rate? Will I need heavier springs?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:02 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Proline Powerstrokes.

You will need the hardware kit to install them on the MGT and the TNX.. If you won the shocks off of ebay most sellers offer the hardware for a extra cost ( around 10.00 bucks).. But IMH opinion if your bashing you wont be happy with the power strokes
Old 08-02-2005, 11:09 PM
ThermalRD

Those shocks feel really nice Jefx. I got an MGT off a guy here on RCU in the classifieds. He has the HEAVY mgt spring setup already on em. Feels great, but the oil could be a little heavier. And ya, that price is good.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:33 PM
jefx

Cool thanks for the info guys. I am a basher with some future possible plans of racing this winter. I also have a Tmaxx and liked the idea of being able to use the same racing shocks for either truck.

I was told at a different forum that I don't actually need the hardware kit? Can I make them work on the MGT without the kit?

Matt, are those the gray springs that you're talking about?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 PM
ThermalRD

Jefx, you really do need the hardware kit. The truck i traded my Jato for came to me WITHOUT the proper installation kit on it. The owner had dremeled alot of material away from the shock tower to keep them from rubbing, and the shocks were left at an awkward angle. It looked hack, and im sure weakened the towers. The MGT hardware kit is essentially a LONGER mounting screw for the shocks to be held in place at the towers, and spacers to hold them away from the tower. If you try to add a spacer to the stock installation hardware, you'll find the screws are too short.

ORIGINAL: jefx

Cool thanks for the info guys. I am a basher with some future possible plans of racing this winter. I also have a Tmaxx and liked the idea of being able to use the same racing shocks for either truck.

I was told at a different forum that I don't actually need the hardware kit? Can I make them work on the MGT without the kit?

Matt, are those the gray springs that you're talking about?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 PM
ThermalRD

And yes the spring kit im referring to is the white/grey combo that proline makes for heavier trucks.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 AM
jefx

Alright, thanks again Matt.

It kinda sucks that I'll have to spend another ~$40 for the proper hardware and springs. But oh well. Maybe I'll just keep them on the Tmaxx.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
blackrain

you should consider racing it you will love it on the track very stable and great jumper. if you do race do the forward only more topend and better exceleration put some oil in the diff and upgrade the servos and do the stearing kit.