Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

INFO on MGT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 03:14 PM
stautz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INFO on MGT!!!

Someone give me an honest opinion on the MGT, How does it compare to the rest of the Monster Trucks out there(Savage, Losi, warhead, TNX Race edition, etc...)? Ease of use, durability, work on, etc...... If I bought a MGT, and installed a .26 Peak motor, what all would I have to change to accomodate the power? Steering servos? Thanks
Old 08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: INFO on MGT!!!

I have a mgt. I have but a lot of up grads on it. But when it was stock for a week besides the 24.7 I but in it. It was and still is a great truck. Durability is awsome on it. I was doing backflips I would land on the roff side ways and pulled no back flips off and I didnt break a thing on it. After a week or so the steering servo goes that is if you drive it ever day and then the gas/brake servo gose in about 2 weeks. You might want to wait untill the new MGT comes out. It comes with a .28 motor and steel gears for the tranny. Besides those tw things I think the are the same truck.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:55 PM
benifur
My Feedback: (4)

Of the 4 diff MT's I own the LST gets my vote. It needs a-arm upgrades to be as tough as the MGT is out of the box. But it's easier to work on and there are more opions. Comes with a sceaming engine (if the conrod don't break), and the eletronics out of the box can't be beat by anyone else. for $600.00 IT's the best deal IMO. the MGT is $450 and really needs a-arm and a engine and servos to be anywhere near the truck the LST is.... SO LST !!!......
Old 08-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

Yeah but the money you have left over from the awsome mgt you can buy 2 servos and rpm arams then if you have any money left get a body and paint it and on it have LST sucks.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an MGT, a Tmaxx, and an LST. Personally I think the LST is the best of the three by a long shot. The LST has weak diff cases, it needs a secondary gear cover, and there's the potential for a blown engine (which Horizon will replace free of charge). Other than that it's awesome.

The MGT is also a pretty good truck, and can be had for pretty cheap. I got mine for $320 NIB from my LHS. It's a great truck for the price, but it also has many flaws. The radio gear is cheap, but on par with most RTRs. The engine is good, but a bit small for this large of a truck. The slipper clutch is a crappy peg system. The diffs skip often, even when properly shimmed. The brakes need some modification to actually stop the truck. But it's an above average truck especially if you get one for a good price.

If price weren't a consideration, get the LST. If you want a solid truck for a good price, than the MGT is a good choice.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
doctorducttape

MGT i have had mine for 1-1/2 years my dads 5 months none of the servos have gone. Easy to work on, the only thing i've broken is the a arms(but at wot into a 4X4 post not sure if any truck could survive) it's not as fast but if get the SE with the .28 not a problem. Get a rechargable battery pack and do the 4ch mod(to get all 6volts to the servos) Put fuel tubing on the brake(will filp the truck on the street) and it is a great truck for bashing if you want to race lighten it upput a .26or.28 and it will beat any other truck.