Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What is a Tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:13 PM
needacar!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Tmaxx

I know yall probably sayin is this kid dumb but im looking for a good first car that wont be over 200 and am lookin right now at the duramax maximum st . 16 prebuilt for only 150.I have little money and im 13 so they money dont come in quick.how much would a tmaxx cost and what do they look likie and should i get the duramax maximum st?thanx
Old 10-22-2002, 08:35 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Default What is a Tmaxx

Well man, you are not going to get to far into Nitro with that budget. A T MAXX is about 450 bucks and pretty overated. If you can do something like mow yards or recycle aluminum cans or something. For about 350 you can get a Losi XXX NT or 300 you can get an Associated RC10GT. Either one of those will be great for a first car. The Duratrax is a get what you pay for deal. It will be hard to tune and not very reliable and in the long run will cost you more than the Losi or Associated trucks.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:47 AM
Bonefrost
My Feedback: (6)

Default What is a Tmaxx

You can get a used truck for $200.I have bought several trucks lately and the most I've paid is $225 for a T-Maxx.
However they were used.Meaning that I had to do A little work to keep them running.But thats true w/ any nitro.Constant upkeep.
The RC10GT is probably your best bet.
Check ebay out if your gonna go used.It'll give you an idea of how much a used truck costs.
The best deal I got was here on the RCU.
If you can do it I would go w/ a new one.
BNZ'
Old 10-23-2002, 01:46 PM
Haldir

Default Answer

To answer your question, it's the most popular monster truck out there, but if someone were to jump off a bridge would you?
Old 10-23-2002, 11:56 PM
eletrick

Default over rated

Me and five of my buddies, run our 2.5 max's on a motocross track, hard on any truck! And these little over rated trucks, have not let us down. We also have five of the old ones, that just won't quit. I think its a great product, and as with all brands your gonna have issues, Traxxas has alway come through, every single time.

I highly recommend them, but, your more than welcome to your opinion. The electric start is priceless, never again will I pull start a truck or car, and starter box's are to much of a hassle!

RN
Old 11-01-2002, 02:40 PM
rab
My Feedback: (10)

Default What is a Tmaxx

Hate to tell ya but I agree with the others. I bought the duramax maximum st . 16 as my first truck and almost gave it away I was so mad. Could not keep the thing running. Almost decided to get out of nitro trucks. Then I bought a RC10 and loved it and then I bought a Ofna and love it and now I have a T-Max 2.5 and man unbelievable. Can't wait for the savage to get here. You get what you pay for with nitro trucks.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:02 PM
Weidjd-RCU

Default trucks

Is this you first RC of this level? Do you need a nitro. Some electrics are just as good as a nitro. ALso ace hobbies has an ofna monster pirate and .21 engine for 229.99 very good deal for a new truck of that size. People spend almost 100.00 just on the tires for the pirate to put them on there tmaxx. I had a max and if you spend that much and are going to race step it up and a get a 1/8 buggy, they are crasy compared to any trucks. Just some thought.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:45 PM
snoopster

Default What is a Tmaxx

Hey!!
Electrics are not as good by a long shot for starters!!
I have a cen fun factor Monster truck with a .16 engine, tuned pipe and 2 speed transmission and am very happy with it!!!!!!!!!
I bought it second hand for very litle and have been well impressed so far!!!
Its my second car and am glad I went for the Monster truck but the great thing is you can change it to buggy, rally, stadium truck with a convertion kit if you feel the need to!!!
I believe they are underated!!
Old 11-10-2002, 10:55 PM
eletrick

Default batteries

Batteries are for radio's to control the trucks and cars, not to power them!

Nitro is the only way to go! Yeah, the electrics have torque, from jump street. But while your charging, I'll be runnin!

Nitro Rules!

My 2 cents!

Richard Newman
Old 11-11-2002, 07:39 AM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

Default Nitro and Electric RULE

I have both Nitro and Electric MAXX's and LOVE BOTH OF THEM!!! It's not a bad thing to love one more than the other....but I have to say....I LOVE EM BOTH!!! Here's why.

When I'm at home ( I live with neighbors close by) I really enjoy getting out my E-MAXX (electric) as it's non-offensive noise wise to just run around my property. I get plenty of run time with 3000 mah packs and usually stop driving (trying to keep from hitting objects) before the batteries have run out. Nice brute power....quiet....and awesome handling....all in my back yard!

The T-MAXX (Nitro) is also awesome in it's own rite. Again....brute power....that MAXX feeling that is like driving a cadillac of trucks....Beautiful looks like it's cousin EMAXX....and the great smell of Nitro....it's what gets in your blood!

If I had to pick one over the other....what would be the deciding factor for me would be....how easy do I want it to be to fire up and go.....can I run it anywhere without bothering others.....how techincal will it be to take care of and how much time do I want to spend doing so.....can I buy one NOW (*G*).....and can I drive yours when I crash mine? *G*.

They are both excellent in my opinion. I do not race so my opinion is not based on competing but rather from an enjoyment aspect only. Pick which one that meets your needs and go have some fun!

Enjoy!
Old 12-18-2002, 07:27 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default What is a Tmaxx

Unless u strike an awesome deal, chances are for under $200. you probably won't be able to get a nitro truck that you'll be happy with and since you're new to nitro, unless u have some buddies to help u out, I feel it would probably be best to get something new, that way you can start from scratch rather than trying to figure out someone elses problems which you probably will if you found something for that cheap. My opinion would be to save maybe another hundred bucks and get yourself a Traxxas Nitro Rustler or nitro Stampede, Traxxas has great customer service and great quality stuff for beginners or pros and reasonable prices.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:24 PM
Isphius

Default What is a Tmaxx

Any rc car will require lots of learning about wrenching and maintainance. Nitros you have to learn how to tune, how to start them, why dont they start all the time, and how to take care of them. This is difficult to learn without help, as i did. My first car was a bolink legends that i drove like twice. My next one was a monster pirate and it was extremely frustrating with the nitro starting and tuning stuff. electric is the way to start. And astronut is right about the used stuff. if will most likely be broken in some way.