need some help deciding..

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
SirAIGman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help deciding..

Hey everyone..

Let me make this good and clear while everyone is paying attention...I AM A BASHER! With that outa my system, I am at a bit of a delema and have narrowed down my choices to nitro mt's.

I have no intentions of EVER racing and if I do, i will just buy the truck accordingly(meaning if i race at some point, i will just buy a new truck).

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 08-30-2005, 05:30 PM
crazychris7

Default RE: need some help deciding..

get yourself a savage [sm=thumbup.gif] people may argue saying the radio on the LST and the revos suspension and all that, but for straight bashing, radio doesnt really matter, pure strength does, and the savage will do that for you.. just keep a few extra spurs or get a steel one, as those are the savage's weak spot...
Chris
Old 08-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Desert Racer
My Feedback: (5)

A up and coming basher is the revo you might want to look in to one.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:03 PM
SirAIGman

ANYONE? and PLEASEEE!!!! list why you chose what you did. thanks!
Old 08-31-2005, 03:28 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

Savage .25 Limited Edition.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:56 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

revo very durable
Old 08-31-2005, 05:12 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

Are you going to buy RTR or kit.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:05 AM
Jea3

Are you experienced in nitro cars? If so, the Savage would be a good choice. If not, the Revo by far. Reasons why?

1. Customer support. NO ONE beats Traxxas on customer support. (with 5 years as a manager of a hobby shop, I would know)
2. Traxxas includes a DVD to teach you how to setup and tune your engine
3. Engine exchange program. If you have a traxxas engine, you can send it in for a upgrade or exchange for less than half of the cost of a new one.
4. It's just as fast if your just bashing
5. Handles as good, if not better.

If you have some experience in tunning, and setting up, go with the savage. You can tune it to go faster, if you know what your doing, and you have more engine choices as hop-ups.

I have one of each. Revo with an OS .18 on it, though the stock 2.5 is pretty good, and love the ez-start. I also have the Savage .21 and the new Savage 4.6SS. All pretty good in one way or another, but still no one beats Traxxas customer support.

Old 09-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Mako3

Wow guys listen to him, he says he's a basher. In that case there's nothing better then a Savage, not even an LST trust me my friend has a LST and I have a Savage .25 which is alittle more then a year old now and it hasnt broken one part yet, and I drive this thing TOUGH!!!! My friends LST is faster but it's duribility sux compared to the Savage. If you want best of both worlds you might want to check out the Limited Edition Savage .25 here: http://hpiracing.com/kits/kitMain.php?partNo=852 good luck deciding! Ohh and my other friend has a Revo which is about 6 months old now and he doesnt even run it anymore, he got sick of replacing parts. Right now he has to replace his whole transmission, his gears have stripped just from one jump which was like 3-4ft high, WEAK!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
crazychris7

plus for around $400 a savage 25 is hard to beat... youre looking at around 475 for a revo and 600+ for a lst... save your money for parts and get the savage IMO

Chris
Old 09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Tnx_4_life

jup that right. Savage does have the better durability. altho with some nice hopups the LST CAN be made a lot more durable. i have no experience with the revo. i hear alot of different stories. some love um some dont. some break everything some break nothing.[&:]
Old 09-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Desert Racer

MY friends run revos and I am getting one so far thet put a foc and rpm arams and a new motor and servos other then that they have spend $0 in other parts that have broke and 10 out of my friends have them that I go to the track with all love them some have savages they say it is tough slow but tough but with a lillte bit of money they say the revo is tougher and a better truck. As far as th lst one of my friend has one his just sits because he is thourgh with it it always breaks on him when we go out to the track or bash. I run a mgt for 3 months now I have put a lot of upgrads on it and it does will except for the motor department no tthe trucks prolem it is mine snice I put the xtm 24.7 in it it is fast and a good power house for a 12lb truck like mine
Old 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM
burnt3d
My Feedback: (1)

SAVAGE SS. i race one and bash with it. its one tough truck. you wont have any problems with the spur gear if you tighten it down completely. if you dont, it will chew up the gear. ive had mine for two years and have only bent two dog bones. i wouldnt trade it for anything except my jammin bug. tim

ps- the only mods ive done are a kimbrough servo saver and the throttle/brake mod.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM
RenegadeRevo

It's a crap shoot if you ask me... Everyone says the Savage is the best basher, but a friend of mine has one... and a Revo, and he definitely likes the Revo better. It seems the Savage is always breaking something... Some people say the Revo isn't a basher, but tell them to come over here, and I'll show 'em what a Revo "can't" do... LOL... AFAIK, the LST is a great basher also... 2DMaxLST runs a basher and a racer LST.. and they both are awesome! *shrug* just pick one, and hope you made the right decision for you.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:39 AM
Tnx_4_life

hes riight. IMO the savage is built up mroe like a basher. Altho my TNX has had some beating aswell and just like revofamily pointed out here, so does the revo. And for the LST, well that too is a good basher. But the LST is just a little more expensive. whatever u people say i would like to try the LST. i just cant help myself....it looks good, has hopups to make it more durable(eg rpm arms, nem rollbar) and has a great radio...and a strong engine its fast big....well thats just my opinion...[sm=idea.gif]

ORIGINAL: REVOFAMILY

It's a crap shoot if you ask me... Everyone says the Savage is the best basher, but a friend of mine has one... and a Revo, and he definitely likes the Revo better. It seems the Savage is always breaking something... Some people say the Revo isn't a basher, but tell them to come over here, and I'll show 'em what a Revo "can't" do... LOL... AFAIK, the LST is a great basher also... 2DMaxLST runs a basher and a racer LST.. and they both are awesome! *shrug* just pick one, and hope you made the right decision for you.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:16 AM
A.B.U

LST, best radio, biggest engine, and fast!
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Buzzbait

All I do is bash, and I stand by the Savage. Now that the newer Savage 25s have the 4 bevel diff and cam style servo saver, they are a great bashing value. You can bash the Savage 25 all day long and not have to worry about breaking parts. The Savage is a small tank. Not exactly nimble, by any stretch of the imagination, but tough as nails.

Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM
RCNewcomer

Why not get the Mammoth ST or the original? both are cheap. they both come with 24.7 engine (first big block engine ever made). comes with great radio too.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Desert Racer

and are a strong truck
Old 09-09-2005, 09:23 PM
SirAIGman

never really even herd about either...got any info on them???
Old 09-10-2005, 06:21 AM
ofnaDOMINATION!

ive got a savage and an lst and ive had fewer problems with the lst than the savage. really no probs with either. i actuallt haven't driven my savage in a while.... idunno, you wont go wrong with either.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:42 PM
ahmed_carlos_666

hey man i need some help on a new truck, im not new to r\c and i know how to tune and all of that what should i get, the savage 25 or the monster gt???[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 09-10-2005, 02:33 PM
SirAIGman

start ure own thread..dont polute mine you newb
Old 09-10-2005, 04:16 PM
ofnaDOMINATION!

on snap! ive never owned or raced an mgt so i dunno, but i like my savage
Old 09-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Desert Racer

I own a raced out MGT I have ever hop up on it excep for the chassis. It is BIG I put a 24.7 in it it will do doubles and stuff like that the only complaint I have about it is companys need to make more hop ups for it I would get the MGT it will out bash a salvage any day and will beat it on a track as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.