Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

duratrax warhead vs. trinity spyder

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

duratrax warhead vs. trinity spyder

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:31 PM
sternman318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default duratrax warhead vs. trinity spyder

hello all,

iv had a t-maxx with the trx2.5 now for about a year and the motor has lost compression, so iv just orderd a new motor. but im getting bored of this truck and want more speed and power(everyone does lol) the two trucks im interested in are the trinity spyder and the duratrax warhead, they seem to be good but i want to know about there down falls or why one is better than the other....or if any other trucks could be recommended that would be great, but im really just interested in those two. ANY info on the trucks would be great
-thanks-
Old 08-31-2005, 08:59 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: duratrax warhead vs. trinity spyder

The warhead is not even out yet. So forget about feedback. Its features are insane. That truck is just simply loaded. Wait til some people get em, and beat em. Then you'll have feedback. Now i havent heard much about the spider either. The little i have seen, and heard wasnt all that great.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:17 AM
BigBoyBadToy

Dont I repeat Dont get a trinity spider, you will not be happy with it at all. get any of the more well known mt's, but not the spider. I will give some examples why
1.no slipper, and geared for top end, you will eat clutch shoes
2.odd size wheel hexs, no other standard wheels will fit it except for cen genesis wheels
3.fit and finish is rough
4.diffs not sealed
5.foams advertised in the tires, not
6.you will break the stock wheels before you get it broke in, see #2
7.1&1/2 inch of suspension travel
8.and finally parts for it cost at least twice what they cost for any other mt
I have well over a grand in my lst and I love it but the spider just sits on a shelf because I cant bring myself to spend any more money on it, Hope this helps!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 PM
sternman318

thanks for the info on the spider, any other info would be helpful...i thought the warhead was out but i guess ill have to wait till sept. any info on the spider would be great tho

Old 09-01-2005, 01:46 PM
BigBoyBadToy

Spend the extra money and get a truck that has been tested and has a following. IE LST (my first choice) Revo, Savage, My brother is buying a meyhem st next week, been doing a lot of research on that truck and it has potential to be wicked. Once the warhead has been out for maby 6 months and I start seeing a lot of hopups for it I might look into getting one. I am always on the market for another nitro.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Beefy92028

IS the Spyder really that bad? Or are you just to cheap to fix things that you did to it? I have heard many great things about it.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 PM
BugattiFreak

the spyder is awsome, i wish i bought one. i borrowed my freinds over the weekend and it kicked a**. please stop talking s*** on a car which you probably dont even own, and never even driven.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:18 PM
BigBoyBadToy

You want to buy the flaming log I will sell it to ya, cheap too. Want to get something that isnt a piece of crap like another lst or a lsp or a even a revo or savage. I have pics of the piece of crap if you want to see it next to my other rc's that actually havnt been broke down for 6 months because I could buy another truck for what it would cost to fix this junk. You are entitled to think anything you want but if you buy a nitro spider you are a fool and you get what you deserve.................
Old 09-12-2005, 08:19 PM
BigBoyBadToy

I was not trying to bash the truck as being a total piece of scrap, even though it is. but before you go buy one and spend almost 600 dollars go to trinity and tower hobbies and check out how much parts for it cost, I was trying to give you information that I wish someone would have given me before I got duped into buying this piece of crap. After all werent opinions of people who actually have one what you wanted?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:43 AM
Beefy92028

well, then in peoples exeperiance they should be able to say if the duratrax warhead will be another crapper. I think that because of all the different positions that you can put it in that it would break on big jumps or on to much vibration on the streets.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:52 AM
gerwen

Go to your lhs or stores and find out what trucks they have good part support for. Revo, T-maxx, Savage, Monster GT, Losi LST. All are good trucks with strengths and weaknesses. The Warhead will probably be a great truck too. Figure out what you want from a truck, and how you want to use it. Then figure out what you'll be able to easily get parts for. This should narrow down your choices.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Beefy92028

i KNOW WHAT I WANT. I WANT VERY FAST AND ABLE TO DO HIGH JUMPS. AND NOT BREAK. I CAN FIX ANYTHING, BUT I WOULD RATHER BE OUT DOING STUFF. i NEED A TRUCK THAT IS LOW MAINTENANCE AND HIGH SPEED AND FUN. BASH BASH BASH.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Beefy92028

I AM WONDERING IF THE WARHEAD WILL BREAK ON HIGH JUMPS BECAUSE OF ALL THE POSSIBLE POSSITIONS THAT IT CAN BE PUT IN IF THAT WILL MAKE IT WEAKER. YOU KNOW, BECAUSE IT ISNT AS SOLID.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Haulin bass

First of all stop effin yelling.
Second why would more ajustment options make something weaker? you logic is flawed 1/8 scale buggies are as ajustable as the come and the strongest things going.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:12 AM
redbarton

I think the Warhead has a lot of potential. However, it will be a miracle when it finally comes out. I was going to buy one a year ago and it still hasn't been released. If you want to jump, bash, and break less stuff, go with a Savage LE or SS4.6. No one will dispute that the Savage is the toughest truck, period. I can't believe the stuff my SS kit has survived and emerged unscathed.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Beefy92028

But along with having a tough truck that can take a lickin' and keep on tickin' I really want speed. it seems that it is very hard to find both of those things in one package.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:20 PM
marshon50
My Feedback: (2)

Yeah it's sure hard to find because no one has even mentioned the TNX. Parts support isn't the greatest but all you really need to stock up on are spur gears. It wins races ALL THE TIME and I bash the hell out of mine. It's always so funny to me that whenever these best truck discussion comes up no one mentions the TNX. Buy the Pro, you won't be dissapointed!
Old 09-13-2005, 10:30 PM
BigBoyBadToy

One of the guys at the track sunday had a tnx and he was tearing it up pretty good, there were like 7 revos there too mammath st is very fast too if all you want is fast and tough then those fit the bill, you could always get a cen genesis if you want big and fast(at least top end fast) but they are heavier than my lst so when you run into something, and you will, you will eventually break something. Big tough and fast, I got it get a savage and do the entire truckzilla conversion with the 5 hp .46 from the genesis and the extended chassis and suspension and put some lst shocks on it with 50 wt shock oil and some of those dual rate springs, the 9.6 lb ones, then you would have a beast.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:22 AM
gerwen

ORIGINAL: Beefy92028

i KNOW WHAT I WANT. I WANT VERY FAST AND ABLE TO DO HIGH JUMPS. AND NOT BREAK. I CAN FIX ANYTHING, BUT I WOULD RATHER BE OUT DOING STUFF. i NEED A TRUCK THAT IS LOW MAINTENANCE AND HIGH SPEED AND FUN. BASH BASH BASH.
You want really fast and really tough? Get a shumacher and a savage.

Sorry to break it to you, but no one truck is everything. Savage is tough, Revo is nimble, mammoth is fast. It's all about tradeoffs. You can make a savage faster by gearing it up, or beef up a revo with stronger parts.

Low maintenance? Ha ha, good one. This hobby is half maintenance. If you don't do it, your truck will fall into disrepair and be junk eventually. If you want to spend less time fixing broken parts, get a savage, most people don't argue that it's the toughest of the lot.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: BugattiFreak

the spyder is awsome, i wish i bought one. i borrowed my freinds over the weekend and it kicked a**. please stop talking s*** on a car which you probably dont even own, and never even driven.
he HAS ONE. btw, what happened to the Jato being great why doncha go drive it?

Of course...you WOULD think the Spyder is great...considering that you've got a Traxxas product you're trying desperately to unload.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Beefy92028

sounds like the REVO beefed up is the best way to go so far. I have looked up the SAVAGE, and it just doesnt sound right for me.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:42 PM
RCNewcomer
My Feedback: (1)

Just buy a mammoth St
Old 09-17-2005, 07:46 PM
BigBoyBadToy

Ok we finally got the spider running, we used savage aluminum hexxes modified them to fit an 8 mm shaft and stock lst wheels, a ofna clutch bell and that got it running. tried to run it on a track today, what a joke the thing is slow dont turn cant jump basically picture a log with wheels on it, it would run better than this piece of poop. Today its fate was sealed, gave it a final chance and it failed miserably, offing it for something better, anybody want to trade this thing for a tmax or savage? they could even be older than dirt and not driven in a long time might try to sell it on ebay and see what happens body is still nice, I mean they are 589 new I should be able to get 300 for it, ya think? feedback please!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:32 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

lol you want my Revo roller?
Old 09-17-2005, 10:58 PM
BigBoyBadToy

whats it need? Might be interested!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.