Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

engine wont start after stalling

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

engine wont start after stalling

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 02:58 AM
johnxbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine wont start after stalling

Hi. my monster truck has an annoying problem. it starts 1st time and runs okish untill I stall it.

Then it is a nighmare to get going again. I usually have to prime it lots and lots but even so, it usually just likes to wait untill iv sat there pulling and pulling before I eventually feel it trying to stat a little....then a bit more (10 more frantic pulls) then it will start so i give it a little gas etc etc.

why wont it jusr re start right away?

I understand the basics of engine tuning. im only using 10% nitro do u think I should try something else?

maybee i should strip the engine and then start again from scratch and tune it properly?

Is there any tips you can give me? what should i do? Does any1 know of any videos that show nitro engine tuning from the begining through to advanced etc?

thanx.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:27 AM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: engine wont start after stalling

your probably overheating it
Old 09-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Paulinho

Man, isn't it 10% nitro bad for cars and trucks ?? Everyone that i know uses 20%, including me. When my engine was hot, it would stal, and it would take hours to started again. i think it is the sleve, that is used, and it's leaking from there....then it doesn't get enough compreesion....Correct me if i'm wrong, 'cause i have so much to lurn..
Old 09-05-2005, 01:55 PM
BigBoyBadToy

Mine is hard to start after it gets hot, but I know it needs a piston and sleeve, and I am running 30%. Motor is worn out but when it is running its fast as all, and I get to practice my quick fuels with the motor running..
Old 09-05-2005, 01:56 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10% nitro is a bit low, especially for a big-block engine (i'm assuming it is a big block MT...) Try stepping up to 16 or 20% nitro, that is what these engines are designed for. If that doesn't help (althought it WILL provide more power) with the starting problem, then try applying some throttle when you try to start the truck. My TT.21 in my MGT doesn't like starting when hot, but a little throttle ALWAYS solves the problem and brings her roaring back to life.

P.s Where in Lancashire are you from?
Old 09-06-2005, 12:50 PM
johnxbox

Hi m8 im in ormskirk. Its 1 .15 engine and its only a magic wheel but the best thing about them is the supposed to be the engines (unlike the rest of the range the magic wheel is meant to have an alright engine in it). I will try a better percent fuel. cheers.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: johnxbox

Hi m8 im in ormskirk.
Slightly Off-topic here, but do you know of any good bashing spots in Ormskirk? I'm going to Edge Hill uni there this year, and if if it is worthwhile i might take my MT-A4 nitro truck with me. Seems like a waste to spend £400 on something and then not be able to use it...
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 AM
johnxbox

Hi snowblind. Iv never really used my mt properly as i dont know any1 else with a mt!

There is a skate park in orm and a bit of wastland with various bumps dotted about.....as i said iv never really got into it properly. If you bring your truck Il go for a bash with u (u can help me tune mine its a pain in the arse lol)

email me [email protected]

take it easy
Old 09-16-2005, 12:12 PM
INTEGRA

johnxbox ...u got a magic eh.....so thats a smartech....i guess well i bought a winner pro and i had a little trouble at first but after break in i had my local hobby shop tune it for me and it runns awsome now and ya the engin is the best part on the whole vehicle... so do u not have a LHS u can go to ?>
InTeGrA