Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 07:36 PM
-Fast-Eddie
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirt Burner Racing Race #1 Monster Truck

well today was a great day racing,, the A-main was the most fun i have had in a long time running lol congrats to matt finally pullin ahead , and jake taken second [8D]
Old 10-23-2005, 09:18 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, today was a blast. Man, that was a narrow win for me. I was just barely getting used to that TRF suspension in the 3rd qualifier, and the slippery track didnt make it any easier. Jake had that one in the bag. Him and i were taking laps together for a while there. Then started taking turns getting hit by traffic. Near the end of the race he had the lead, then made a driving error. Not sure what happened, but i saw him on his lid, and i came on strong into that straight. I had to put some distance between us. The funny thing about that race, was the constant change in race leaders. Man, it was wild for a while there. Once Brians Revo stalled out, that just left a huge window for me and Jake. I told Jake to take advantage of that and run some extra laps, but he couldnt. He had to fuel up around that 7 minute mark. I pushed a little longer with the TNX, knowing my tank was bigger than a Revo. I will say, that race was the most exciting race in a loooong time. I really hope i can pull it together for next week. I mean i got the win, and it was great. But the fact still remains i was about 1.2 mph slower on my average all thru qualifying. Anyway, it was a riot. Im soo happy to see our Monster class out growing the rest. Lets keep this up fellas, and show these other classes that MONSTER TRUCKS ARE REAL RACERS. Looking forward to next Sunday already!

And guys, if theres anybody reading these from our area, dont be shy! Come out and race. We have alot of new guys this season, and its making for some great races.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:52 PM
binaryterror

Monster Billies Unite!

Yeah I was there with Matt for awhile, then got too fast for my own good pushed it in an area I shouldn't have and ended up handing Matt the win. No big loss running like that is the most fun!
Old 10-23-2005, 10:02 PM
-Fast-Eddie

i snuck up front a couple times to was being an agressive little SOB on matt lol,, i messed up when me and jake were neck and neck down the straight 2nd and 3rd and i just went to fast into the sweeper ,, jake cut inside,, i went wide hit wall and flipped over and i kissed jake goodbye lol. im gunna bring vid camera or somethin next time and have my dad record or somethin,, that was just to fun
Old 10-23-2005, 10:16 PM
binaryterror

Yeah I need video of me driving, no one on the XTM Forums believes I even race
Old 10-28-2005, 07:30 PM
-Fast-Eddie

can't wait for sunday!
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: Java

can't wait for sunday!
I think we are all ready...though my Revo has issues, but I'm waiting on something to hopefully fix it, so I'm running as is!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:16 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

I wish we had a track, sounds fun..................... [&o]
Old 10-28-2005, 09:30 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, im ready. Well, sorta ready. Hehehe... Looking forward to this weekend as always. I just love racing.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
-Fast-Eddie

well today was a rather interesting day......... [&:]
Old 10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
ThermalRD

Interesting? Is that how we are describing it? LOL. Come on now. Lets be honest.... It was HELL!!! The first amazing thing, Jake and myself were pushing to the 18mph average speed on that tight track. A HUGE shocker to me. I didnt think we would even take your 17.26 from you Eddie. And could someone please explain to me why the white revo owner felt he deserved the TQ spot at the main?? My god, the marshalls moved him back once. Then sure enough he climbs over everything, and ends up on my damn HOOOOOD!!!! Man... Some days i just wish i had my Genesis in the main. That guy was not new to racing either. He knew better. Other than that, man... I simply twisted a CV shaft out of the axle joint. I guess thats what happens when i try to power out from under soo many other trucks in the main.

All in all... That race was a joke. Eddie, nice win! My god the fact that the Revos survived that main really says something. After my truck went down, i watched for a few. I've never seen a worse race. I realize that DB's wanted us out fast for the track rebuild, but that wasnt fair. Was not right to push everyone into one main, and watch them all battle it out like a "Royal Rumble". Especially bad when you're running a TNX with serious parts supply issues. Good job to those that finished that race and did well. Still was a fun day hanging out with our usual group of friends. Time to go fix my TNX...
Old 10-30-2005, 06:54 PM
-Fast-Eddie

*edit*

well today was a rather hellish day......... [:@]

yah that white revo had me boiling ,,, i dont know how i managed how i did., i got lucky in one of the turns and snuck by the crowd when everyone else got tied up,, and i just got ahead, putting everyone in the main like that was not a good idea.... I will leave it at that for now lol.. tomorrow i should be gettin my airbrush,, i can't wait.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:18 PM
binaryterror

I swear I won, but the sheet never lies right

Good job Eddie getting through to clean traffic was the key and Matt and I musta had targets on our back.

I'm happy me and Matt shattered some TQ records for MT...amazing. Now the A-Main, huge joke.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:11 PM
elite

Awesome driving Eddie - nice win.

Lets just say new track, new week, new attitude, fresh start. I took 3rd, thank god I busted Thermals drive shaft before the race or I woulda been 4th.....JK

BT - you won? Think the couting got messed up? Eddie and I both have mentioned that turing quals on several occasions something seemed weird but today it all seemd in check - who knows.

White revo, ya not sure what that was all about - perhaps he though we were still in the qualifiers LOL....

Anyhow......maybe next week we wont rush it, and I wont run out of gas in the main and have to waste time starting my own truck! I seriously said to myself 1 more lap, and just as I pulled in to pit - the truck died 10 feet from my pit guy......stupiddddd move on my part.

Sorry if anyone though I hacked em - I moved for the people I though deserved it to be moved for............
Old 10-30-2005, 10:53 PM
binaryterror

I'm not saying the sheet is wrong, just seemed like when I passed Eddie at the end I was caught up...guess those 2 pit stops because I couldn't hear the time being called hurt me alot.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:20 PM
ThermalRD

Fun race today guys! Man i had a fun time in that main. I just couldnt get the feel for FAST on that track during qualifying. Once i leaned it a bit, she was screeeeeamin in that main. Unfortunately, it was too little, too late. I started to catch up from nearly last place in that main, and worked ahead to 3rd. I had 2nd for a split second, then Eddie took that back somewhere. Nice job on that 2nd place Eddie, and well... Rusty doesnt frequent this forum, but nice win Rusty! I knew i was in trouble when he showed up today with that LSP. Oh, and Sandor... My god, yer getting really good. You beat me up all day during qualifying. Im gonna have to throw some CF's on this TNX, and get in some practice this week. Eddie, were gonna have to battle it out at the final race next week. With Jake not showing up, it looks like me and you are gonna have to duke it out. It doesnt matter if Rusty wins, he hasnt made enough races to be in the points. So its ON next week buddy!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:33 PM
binaryterror

I'm not yet a fan of this track layout...can't seem to find a line that suits me yet...but still no excuse, I had a bad day. Qualifiers felt good, but not fast, was awkward the new layout. Mains, well we all know the marshall problem, but it seemed to get under my skin and after a bad marshall (weren't they all?) I know I was dropping 2 bad laps in frustration, not gonna win a race that way.

SandAr, Eddie, Rusty, and Matt all did very good...congrats guys. Have fun duking it out next week...might be a bad idea not to show, but Free trip to LA = free so I'm going!

Should also point out Eric and Chris did very well for first time racers! Good to see both them out and both seemed to have good days all in all.

While I'm out I'm gonna do a full tear down and clean up...re-do the shocks and diffs (Kyosho diff grease time!).

I'm thinking soon the Mammoth ST needs to re-appear from the mist...

Just a thought guys...Friday after Thanksgiving...DB's is usually open for practice, what you all say us non-workers get together and have a bash fest?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:12 PM
-Fast-Eddie

power finally came back on! yah today was a lot of fun! I had first in the main,, but a marshal put me backwards on the wong lane,, and rusty really put a stomping on after that,, i did start to catch him in the end but he still won lol... Matt bring it!!! lol
I'm goin through my electric stuff right now getting my trucks and buggys out,, im gunnna give my corally rdx a break from the onroad stuff and gunna run my electric offroad more again. My xxx-4 is a mound of poo right now lol you guys mentioned a little electric might be in store this season?? . Overall i had a good time today!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:24 PM
FE_Chris

TODAY WAS COOL!!!! I was doing great in qualifying (2nd in B main) and then I missed the 3rd qualifying. No big deal right? Well it was'nt till my CV slipped out fo the cup during the B-main because a set screw let loose on this part by the knuckle, or on the knuckle.... LOL....Well....For my first time I think I did ok. You guys are awesome!!!! It was like before I knew it, I had six dudes all scoping my truck and helping me to get in running top notch. I do plan on coming next week so let's hope I can make it. This week is going to be about wrenching on the Mayhem and getting it actualy ready to run a main.

Sandor, matt, eddie, jake and everyone who's name I forgot, Thanks for helping to make my first day or racing at DB's a good one!!!!(and jake thanks for being there to fuel my ride up for me) I had a lot of fun marshalling and hangin with you cats. I'm gonna go take the Mayhem apart now and see what's going on with it and if I need to order anything....

Thanks again dudes, all in all I had a great first day at DB's.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:31 PM
-Fast-Eddie

awsome that you had a good time!! You did good man for first time out. Just took your time and got through the track while everyon else was balls to the walls and crshing and flying off the table top out of the track or something else of that nature lol. That mayhem looks really good out there and looked like it was hookin up pretty good to. Gunna be out there practicing during the week? I should be out there thursday or friday or maybe both lol i dunno yet.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:35 PM
ThermalRD

Ya eddie, we all fell victim to the marshalls today. Man... I wont even start with the stories. LOL. It was that bad. Doda, glad you made it out today, and i got a chance to meet you. We have a great group of guys, and a growing group at that. Everyone in the group is willing to help, and we try our best to keep all the trucks in top shape, with great race setups. Speaking of race setup, have you done that on the mayhem yet? If not, i'd be glad to drop ya some tips for that. Lets keep up the rockin turnouts for MT, and keep progressing with the skillz. I can see right now that Doda, and Eric are going to be really good racers soon. First day for both, and showing some good control out there. Great race day today... Oh and Eddie, if yer gonna stomp me like that, could you atleast take out Rusty too? I'd feel a little better then. Man what a day, spent with a great group of friends. One of these nights were all gonna have to get together, and head out to the movies. Watch something really scary. I love horror flicks. I know sandor is big on those too.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:48 PM
revomanmi

WELL, first of all I would like to publically apologize to Sandor.......... Man I was marshall and flipped his car over and accadently covered his exhaust and stalled his car. I feel so bad, he was running the best race I have ever seen and had a good shot at the top of the board. but besides that I had a blast today and would love to do this again, my car is totally covered in mud and beat up, but whatever, I ended up finishing 3rd in the B main, ill take that for my first race, my goal was to finish and I did.

Eric
Old 11-06-2005, 10:06 PM
elite

Wow - I got a public "SORRRRRRY" lol.....man whatever its cool it happens (its a hobby remember?), you just owe me a night out with your girlfriend LOL

Like java between that and the marshals whatever - it is what it is. Still finished well I guess - 4th outta 15 or so racers isnt terrible.

Horror? Um thermal I was under the covers during like 5th element LOL...I dont do that ahahahahahah

Old 11-06-2005, 10:08 PM
FE_Chris

Hey eric, i'm sure sandor is'nt about to commit suicide or anything. LOL You looked real good eric, glad to see you finished 3rd. hey, top 3 is'nt bad at all. Atleast you got to finish!!! Like you told me, we would be locky to see 1/2 the trucks in b-main finish!!!! good job!!!

Eddie, your soooooooo fast out there....seriously dude....get some sponsors or somethin lol

Thermal, your TNX is the whip....I dig it. You looked awesome too....but eddie man...somethin about the way he jumps that double.....perfection maybe? hehe. That would be great too Thermal if I could get some setup sheets for the Mayhem or somethin like that. This week I wanna get everything in running order and thread-locked up.....then it's on, YEAH I'M TALKIN TO YOU ERIC!!! I have dubbed you my main competition!!! :-)........so I want you to know i'm coming for ya next time we are at DB's!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna show you what some Mayhem ST tail light stickers look like!!!!! hehe. (as long as come set screws don;t back out on me again)

Maybe it's just eddies truck stood out or somethin (I like blue), it;s hard to see whats what and who's driving what when everything looks like a blur!!!!!

All in all great day!!!!

BTW....I used to have a buddy that raced at DB's a few years ago....not quite sure when he got out or if he is out of rc or what???? "Rob Link" is his name, tall guy, looks a lot like thermalRD lol....anyone know'em? Just curious because i'd like to say whats up to him...used to go to HS with him. Did'nt know if he was still racing or not....he's a cool cat, if someone knows him or how I can get a hold of him, chime in. Later dudes, i'm hittin the sheets......Gotta make some money this week so I can race next weekend!!! Later fellas!!!! See ya sunday!!!

EDIT: Horror movies rock!!!! SAW 2 was GREAT!!!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 10:19 PM
elite

WOWWWWWWWWWW ERIC revomanMI is being callllled out - I think its a challlllllenge!!!

Mayhem st tail lights LOL.........or RB smoke in mayhem st's face.....we will sooooon find out! hahahahahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.