RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Any good protection out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:01 PM
lynntonyd
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good protection out there?

I always see these videos of guys jumping 50' or slamming into trees, rocks, walls, whatever.

Does anyone make a decent roll cage that protects trucks without weighing 40 pounds? How about a bumper that extends out around the wheels? Why have bumpers if they are 3" wide in the middle of the truck? Seems like the #1 failure is a broken A arm or other suspension component from a bad landng or hitting an object. You can't expect any truck to withstand that too many times.

10 years ago I had an electric buggy and it had a 10" wide plastic front bumper. You could hit a tree at any angle full speed and never damage the car. I don't see those around though...

What am I missing?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:34 PM
A.B.U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any good protection out there?

Erm.. good question? There's the New Era roll bar for the LST, it's light weight, and protects what it needs to. Also, you can use a body too... it helps from head landings or what not.