Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

locking

Old 11-05-2002, 10:26 PM
cj-freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locking

Is it a good i dea to buy the $12 spool and lock the differential?????
Old 11-06-2002, 01:34 AM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Default locking

Depends on what you want to use it for. If you will be racing don't do it. If you are rock crawling and hill climbing it will work well for you.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:43 PM
cj-freak

Default locking

well my car might be raced but not likely, and my brother's t max probly won't either, we live in the mountians and it tends to be hilly around here, right now we just play with the cars on the street due to snow, but i think in the summer that we will probly be playing more in our yard. I know that it helps deliver all of the power to the wheels cause I 4wheel im my jeep and have installed a locker in it.I was just wondering how it would work on an rc car and how it if any will help besides in a 4wheeling aspect. I was hoping that it might help on road performance aswell cause I know alot of fast cars are spooled and posi locked in the rear.also a friend of mine has a 2 wheel drive and it sux up here so we were wondering if locking it would make it more like a 4 wheel drive car.oh and why not lock it if I race?
Old 11-08-2002, 06:02 PM
3maxxman
My Feedback: (2)

Default locking

for straight line it is fine, but on turns it's like driving on marbles. Like trying to turn a corner in your jeep on pavement. It tends to bounce and just spin the truck around, very tough to drive fast.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:20 PM
zjmike

Default locking

CJ-Freak, I agree with you, its too bad, there arent any mini Detroit lockers out there..

I have seen some Thorsen type torque sensing diffs, but none for the T-maxx yet, that would probably be the best of both worlds, still have some decent streetability..

I run ARB's front and rear on my REal JEEP...that would really be cool...just where to mount the air compressor...HMMM...maybe just power them with CO2
Old 11-09-2002, 03:34 AM
cj-freak

Default locking

that's pretty funny, I bet it would be possible to connect a co2 bottle and some attatchments and feed the air to the locker like giant compressed air tank or you could feed the locker with co2 from a paint ball gun 12 oz canister or have one smaller made. just need arb to get into the rc world now!
Old 11-09-2002, 04:06 AM
zjmike

Default locking

Yeah, that would be really cool, extra channel on the transmitter....locked up from a small Co2 cannister....

I cant wait to take my t-maxx on the hammers with me, or maybe Rubicon when i go next year..