Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:33 PM
yert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Genesis any good?

I am looking for a nice durable monster truck to get. Which one is best to get for $500 and under out the door? I want speed, durability, and easy to use. Any one have any suggestions? Im thinking MGT, T-Maxx, Revo(a little much), and maybe the savage if it isn't too much.

HELP ME PLEASE!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
bigmike882

Default RE: Which truck to get!?!?

Get the revo or the savage. Both are really cool trucks, you barely ever hear bad things about ether of them. The revo seem to be more up ur ally, but I perspnally like the savage, dont no why, my neighbor has one and its just a beast. I guess I have never seen a revo in action in real life. But I hear they are good trucks. I am going to get ether the LST or the 4.6 savage here soon.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 PM
yert

Is the savage under $500? I've been looking and some sites are more than others. Prices are all over the place.
i mean i need the truck to be like $500 with all accessories needed to run it
Old 11-15-2005, 11:07 PM
bigmike882

The savage 25 is under $400 I believe. That is a super nice truck, Dont have one, but like I said my neighbor has one and its sweet.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
yert

Do you know if they break a lot?
Old 11-16-2005, 02:29 AM
turbopwr

Oh no here we go again.

I recommend you look at ilikenitrocars threads. Most of your answers will probably be found there.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:46 PM
yert

Does anybody know anything about the CEN Genesis? I loike the look of them, and are about the same price as revos.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:20 PM
bigmike882

Default RE: CEN Genesis any good?

Thats what Ive been kinda wondering to. I dont hear much about them. I know one of the cen's carry a huge powerful engine, I dont know how expensive it is though. They look kind of like a savage (I think).
Old 11-16-2005, 09:37 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

Most of the reports I've heard said they're trash... but maybe someone else would care to comment...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
ThermalRD

I have a Genesis LE. Very tough truck. NOT reccomended for beginners. Its proven itself to me, and so has CEN. But didnt you say UNDER 500? Seems the Gen is one of the most expensive MT's there is. Here is a pic of my Genesis with Lloyds body on it. I had to mount it, and cut holes for cooling, etc.. So i snapped a quick pic.

As i've always said though, the Genesis has been excellent. I truly hope CEN keeps going the direction they are with products. I can only imagine what their next generation of MT will have.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:46 PM
RenegadeRevo
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

I have a Genesis LE. Very tough truck. NOT reccomended for beginners. Its proven itself to me, and so has CEN. But didnt you say UNDER 500? Seems the Gen is one of the most expensive MT's there is. Here is a pic of my Genesis with Lloyds body on it. I had to mount it, and cut holes for cooling, etc.. So i snapped a quick pic.

As i've always said though, the Genesis has been excellent. I truly hope CEN keeps going the direction they are with products. I can only imagine what their next generation of MT will have.
Hmmm... I stand corrected. [8D]
Old 11-16-2005, 09:48 PM
ThermalRD

And dont forget about the Nemesis. Which is essentially the racing version of a Genesis! Wicked truck, that i will have to add to my collection in spring time.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
yert

So im better of with a Revo instead?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:13 PM
ThermalRD

Well, if i had to pick one truck, it would be the Revo.

ORIGINAL: yert

So im better of with a Revo instead?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 PM
yert

OK, cool, also I'm new to nitro, is it easy to break in the engine or should i take it to a hobby shop? How much would that cost?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 PM
ThermalRD

The Revo is very user friendly. It even comes with a DVD for break-in. In this hobby, i reccomend doing this stuff yourself. Knowledge is everything.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 PM
yert

Thanks guys, it looks like I'm going to go ahead and get the Revo! Can't wait!!
Old 11-16-2005, 10:52 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yert

Thanks guys, it looks like I'm going to go ahead and get the Revo! Can't wait!!
I am also relatively new to nitro trucks and I will say the Revo is VERY user friendly. Traxxas did a pretty good job with their instructions and even gives you a card with basic instructions on it to stick in your pocket and take with you when you break in the truck.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:18 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Like they said, if your new, the Genesis is not for you. A lot to work with. But it is a great truck. Thermal likes his a lot I know and I LOVE MINE!!! It is the biggest 1/8 scale RTR hands down. It's huge!!! The suspension is great and the engine is a tourqe monster. The truck is not the fastest although it does around 35MPH. Nice and tough, I would say one of the toughest. It has some great features.

BUT It is nice to see you are getting a REVO. They rock!!! I saw a bunch of them at the track for the first time a couple weeks ago, they are fast and agile. Nice truck, I don't know why people flame them. Good luck with it!!! and when you get some more experiance under your belt and want a GREAT backyard basher, go look at a Genesis LE. It's the only basher I can think of that really does not need anything right out of the box....Tough as nails.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:44 AM
wongyypat

Yes my Genesis is so tough and powerful that nothing can easily stop it from running at dirt ! Its a true brasher but the new Nemesis is what I think a trure racer. I don't know how fast it will go but surely with it less 4 pounds it will run faster than the Revo or Savage. What do you think ThermalRD. (I know you are expert in running RC trucks!)
Old 11-17-2005, 11:04 AM
jadda

I have had mine for over a year now, and it's has proven to be very strong and durable. I had the newera suspention arms on, but when I had them on my truck I brooke Gs028 a lot. other then that it's a great truck. The LE is a better truck for the money and the Nem is a better racer.
So good luck.
Nice body ThermalRD!!!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:08 AM
ThermalRD

Wongy, i wont comment on the top speed. Because personally, i say my Genesis is faster than 36mph. Im not sure which magazine did that test, but i dont feel its accurate. That Nemesis is now a 2 speed, so it might lose a little up top. Then again it might not. It is several lbs lighter. Some day i'll have a Nemesis sitting right beside my Genesis LE.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:56 AM
CEN Racing

The Nemesis and Genesis has similar top speed. Nemesis is only 2 speed forward but it is 3 lb lighter and the gear ratio is different which will make up for the difference.

It is as fast as most monster truck out there with a lot more bottom end torque.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:58 AM
wongyypat

Thanks CEN for the clarifications. I really wish to see another video proving the performance of Nemesis. The video in your website seems a bit conservative without showing the full power of Nemesis I think.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Orlando69

Hey Thermal (I can't forget that face!!! ) How is that LE doing?? I guess it all depends on what you want to do with your truck but,,do you run open or locked center differential?? Have you had good luck with it and such? I still cannot believe the power of my Genesis and everything that it will power through,, nothing stops it untill it gets flipped on it's lid . Just wondering and good to see your still on the RCU. "O"[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.