Parts for WARHEAD??

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 08:27 PM
shanet75
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts for WARHEAD??

Hello,
I know that the Warhead has just been released, but I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if they have many aftermarket parts that are interchangeable with the other "well known" trucks, i.e. T-Maxx, Savage etc....? I don't know much about these, but was going to get the Savage 25 rtr until I got an email from Tower about the truck. Looks similar to the Savage with a few 'twists'. Any input would be greatly appreciated....Again, I am new and looking for a decent MT...
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-25-2005, 09:18 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Parts for WARHEAD??

good review about it in this months RCCA. not at all a savage - many differences, new design elements, and full of parts for the money. not much aftermarket - doesnt really need it, got tons of nice features stock. cvds, ball bearings, all that jazz and at a nice price. there are a few threads on it, check em out here
Old 12-26-2005, 08:26 AM
shanet75

You know it does sound and look really good. I was just a little concerned that when I break something how readily available are the parts going to be.....I guess I'll head out to my LHS and see what they say are the plans for these trucks. Still a toss up beteween this and the savage. After a little more research last night, the 4.6 kit looks really sick too....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:59 AM
elite

well i broke a steering part and had my LHS order it monday - had it wed. This was before the truck was even avail at tower so I think youll be able to get parts quickly. In addition once you but the part, you can send the broken one back and use your stress tech 1 year so thats a nice little thing - itll give you a backup part and I can tell you parts are cheap for the wathead. Savage is good too, but it wont give you all the tuning options and will never race as well as this does out of the box. Im of course bias, I have a warhead and ill admit it - but my friend had a savage and ....hoenstly ....the WH is just newer, with some nice features at a good price....
Old 12-26-2005, 01:46 PM
shanet75

That's good to hear. Don't get me worng I know I'm going to be doing my fair share of bashing, but would also like to try racing as well. Sounds like a perfect truck as long as the parts hold up like they say the Savage's do.....I'll do a little more research and see what else I can find out.
Thanks again....
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

For me, the warhead are quite heavy as the car action mention on the review. If you have the money, I'll suggest go for the LST 2, or the REVO. I heard a lot about the savage is good for bashing, Also don't get the wolvering(raptor from prp) easy to break, I'm glad I don't have it
anymore, someone stupid break-in to my car and get the truck(the raptor), except the LST and the hyper 7, I'm glad they didn't got those.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:04 AM
shanet75

Thanks. Is that review somwehere online???
Old 12-28-2005, 09:51 AM
elite

I have an lst2 which is about 1 full pound hevier (thats before removing another 1/2lb with the forward only conversion) and I have a revo as well. All 3 are different in their own right. The revo is a lighter, racer - harder to work but durable and adjustable. The LST2 is 1/8th like the warhead with a totally different design but a great racer as well - though you can bash anything. The warhead has a super tough side plate design with a bashing look - but when lowered the its super race-y and has VERY low center - even lower then the lst and revo so its totally capable. The deal here is - 400 bucks RTR compared to 600-650 or the revo, which has the worse radio and garbage dual servos and needs a few bucks. I love my lst and revo - and even if i dont keep my warhead I still think its the best bang for the buck!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:01 PM
shanet75

So the futaba radio that comes with the warhead is a better radio? I would say yes because of the name. What about the steering servo on the warhead. They say it is a high torque servo. Is it really that much better than the others that come stock? The only thing I'm a little leary about is parts availability and/or hop-ups. It would be nice to be able to chose between a lot of different hop-ups like traxxas or hpi. How is the motor in the warhead? Easy to hold a tune? Powerful? Pretty stupid question, but will it wheelie out of the box like they say the savage 4.6 can? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I get what I want when I finally decide what to get.....
Thanks again!!!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:18 PM
choops01

The radio is entry level and works.
I have not heard of any problems with the steering servo.
I dont know if it will do a wheely. The center of gravity is very low.
The engine head is about 1/2 inch below the shock towers.
I think the aftermarket parts will come. The truck is selling pretty good.
Steve
Old 12-28-2005, 01:21 PM
shanet75

Thanks. Does this sound like a good motor?
Features:

Machined aluminum red cylinder head
One-piece aluminum crankcase
Dual-needle, slide valve carburetor
Dual ball bearings
True ABC construction
Pull start
Aluminum tuned pipe
3-year warranty
Specifications:

Displacement: 0.27 cu in (4.4 cc)
Bore: 0.72 in (18.2 mm)
Stroke: 0.67 in (17 mm)
Output: 2.5 hp @ 30,000 rpm
Practical RPM range: 3,000-35,000
Weight: 14.1 oz (400 g)

Everything else seems ok. Still torn between this and a revo. But the revo is about 150.00 more.......
Old 12-28-2005, 01:31 PM
elite

some of the better plane motors are made buy the same company - I think it can be trusted. The parts avail are fine, tower is always there and aftermarket - who knows..

Its all about the 150 xtra for the revo - your call. Both awesome trucks, the revo will bash but its not as big as an 1/8th scaler - thats not where itll shine. its a small block and while still quick its more a racer. Its tough. I have em both and an lst and they are all good and I would use em all for different things......

Again though for 400 bucks man u cant beat it. Also ive worked with duratrax and their service is 2nd to none .....so is traxxas though......well come to think of it , so is losi lol....

Ofna though ....forget about it ..horrrrorrr stories with their support.

Good luck with your decesion.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 PM
shanet75

Thanks for the input. I'll try to swing out of work a little early today and hit the lhs and see what they say.
One more question...You can just tell me to quit w/the questions anytime.
Does the Warhead 'act' the same as the revo while in race mode? Handling wise?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:22 PM
elite

no it doesnt. its longer, bigger, wider. I think it runs well even on my small track but it feels different. Prob not as agile (still nimble for what it is) but it actually...feels more planted - I think its the low low CG. The revo is highly adjustable with caster/cabmer/toe/etc....(so is the WH) but more spring options for revos, tires prob as at the moment you gonna race either 40 series or something small that wont rub like a crimefighter on wide offset wheels. They are both good...go look at em both. And BTW the steering on the WH is good for its single servo setup....works real well in fact I wouldnt change it ....its pretty good as is. On the downside there isnt a forward only conversion available and the revo will today have more aftermarket support. Man its tough get em both lol..they are both good. hahaha good luck im not making it easier I know!
Old 12-28-2005, 02:42 PM
shanet75

No, you really are and I appreciate all the answers. I'll talk to the lhs today and see what they have to say. I can get the WH for 399.99 and I can't find the revo any cheaper than 439.99. Big difference, but it may be worth it.....Tough choice.....