Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Burner MT racers!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:49 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dirt Burner MT racers!!!

Chris, i ran the LST2 with digital servos for quite some time, and Spektrum. The only issue i had, was breaking the batter in the stock mount. And that only started happening this summer. Man of bat will probably be running an LST2 tomorrow as well.

Yes, they have the hours poste as 10 am open, 12 racing starts. Cant wait!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
FE_Chris
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks thermal. Thats wierd about this LST. Maybe that battery I was using was getting weak. But it about like new...sooooooo who knows. All I know is, that lipo has what it takes, so it's staying.

I bet it's gonna be packed!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Bria1

I'm going to try to make it down later in the afternoon to check out the action. I should be able to race next weekend. Don't forget to bring chairs if you want to sit down at all. I see some people on the other site are actually bringing gas masks.

Chris, that has to be a junk battery or have a poor connection in it to be doing that when fully charged. I know the dual steering servos suck down more juice, but it's not that bad. Also, it may be quicker for ya to jump on 23 south to 59 instead of taking the back roads.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Woodmandan2

Hey Guys! Do you guys got any advice on what to get the Aftershock Or the Savage X SS? I will mostly be just bahing round and I was looking for anotha truck to add to my collection.
Thanks
Dan
Old 11-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

So you almost Sandor'd that LST2 eh? LOL... You ready to race tomorrow? Thats what we really wanna know.

LOL, I haven't heard that saying in awhile.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Bria1

ORIGINAL: Dan Collins

Hey Guys! Do you guys got any advice on what to get the Aftershock Or the Savage X SS? I will mostly be just bahing round and I was looking for anotha truck to add to my collection.
Thanks
Dan
Strictly bashing...get the Savage X SS.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Ken448

Have a great time tomorrow guys!!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:46 PM
ThermalRD

Yup, the Savvy pretty much outbashes anything out there. Go for the savage! Ya Brian, i will never forget all those run aways he had.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Ken448

I thinik a good old fassioned Sandor dent would look mighty fine in those brand new pretty Associated Blue walls!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Ken448

Have a great time tomorrow guys!!!!!
I plan on it. Im hoping for a monster pileup in turn 1, at the start of the main. Nothing would make me feel more like the good old days, than a classic pileup in the first turn. Too bad you wont be there to witness it all.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Bria1

LOL...That's too funny.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:22 PM
FE_Chris

You guys are funny....

Bashing, Savvy X SS, IMO. Great truck from what I can tell. Thermal had one and it was the whip shizzle. Almost as cool as the Freaky Back flippin Mayhem ST I still love that thing.....

Ehhhhhhh Im gonna take the back roads there Brian, see how long it takes me. But thanks.

Matt, who is that in your avvy?
Old 11-11-2007, 08:02 AM
ThermalRD

LOL. Chris, you know the Enzyte commercials? Where the guy always has that big perma-smile? Well, thats him. LOL.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Bria1

I just got back from watching the races at the track. It was good to see everyone again...just like the good ol days. Congrats on the win in MT Matt. I got some video I'll have to work on uploading that turned out pretty good, but for some reason all the pictures I took are kinda blury and hazy. All the smoke must have affected how my camera focused on stuff. I'll upload them in a little bit anyways. Matt, was you going to start a new FT raceway thread? If so, I'll upload the pics and vids there to keep it all together.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
FE_Chris

Yeah I had a great time! But man the fumes where getting to me. They are going to HAVE to do something about that.... I know the track is new, and they are still trying to get everything together, but man the smoke was bad, and the two fans don't cut it. I think i'll pick up a resporator of some sort this week.

I placed 7th in the MT Main. Out of 9, well 10 if you count eddie's DNS. What happened to him anyway? I felt better racing this truck than I did the mayhem. This LST2 is tougher, but it's not as fast first off(FOC coming soon :-), and second, as good as it feels....it still needs something, it's not dialed. I need to work on it. Matt maybe you could post or PM some tips on springs, diff oils and all that?

All in all (Cough! Cough!) It was a great day! Im coming next weekend FOR SURE.

O yeah I got a couple shots of the track, matt and jake LOL...seems they are not a very photo-genic couple HAHAHAHA i'll post them later

Also, I did'nt see Kenbo! What a pansy.......
Old 11-11-2007, 08:36 PM
binaryterror

What a day...I had a frustrating and not so good day overall, but because its indoor theres next week to look forward to. Al has a great facility for us all.

I'll be buying a good respirator this week for sure.

The Revo just wasn't well driving for crap. The set up started bad, I made changes and those didnt help overall. I just gotta work on more ideas for now.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
ThermalRD

Brian, i totally forgot my friggin camera today. I wanted some great track pics, but couldnt get em. If you have any good pics, feel free to start us a new thread for us.

Chris, i can hook you up on LST2 setup. I've been racing those since the day the LST1 came out. I can dial that truck in. You looked good out there though. LOL. Go ahead and post the pics Chris. I tried to get out of the way fast enough. BTW, Eddie left because of the fumes. He got sick. I do remember him having serious breathing issues at DB's too. He has chronic bronchitis or something. Hope he feels better. And yes, a respirator is a must.

Jake, sorry bout your day. I hate seeing friends struggle on the track. Aside from all the trash talking i put up with, i still like to see my friends driving with the best setups, and enjoying the race. I know you wanna make your setup work, but mine is available if you want it.

Brian, go ahead and start the new thread up. I'll post my race report there.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ken448

Guys, Meijer sells resperators. Get an organic cartrige resperator and youll be in good shape!! They are like $20, and come in its own storage bag. Your lungs will thank you! Working with chemicals like I do, I buy em all the time
Old 11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
infernalstone

It was great getting to meet a bunch of ya'll, that's for sure. After seeing that, I'm working harder, squeezing that penny to try and get a new truck. But yea, some intake fans on the opposing wall would help. Guess I'll look into some sort of breathing apparatus. Maybe I could try racing in something like this... http://www.professionalequipment.com...pirator-masks/ :P

But really, the track looks like a blast, I can't wait to drop a truck on it.

But yea, I'll second the LST 2 setup hints anyone wants to drop. I'm just a few steps behind Chris is all... :P
Old 11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Ken448

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=44113

That will work just fine
Just dont be a doofus and come in with a paper dust mask!! Those are sometimes mistaken for a resperator by the ill-informed!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:01 PM
ThermalRD

Thanks for the tip Ken. I'll check those out. Infernal, it was nice meeting you today. Though i dont know if i caught your real name. Or i can just call ya Infernal all the time. Also, not sure the other guy that was helping is on this site, but thanks again for the help at the start of the MT race. Infernal, you are welcome to the setup info as well. For that matter, anyone is welcome to my setups.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
infernalstone

Landon is the name, looking good mid-pack is my game. (Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...)

But Thermal, Bria1, Chris, I remember ya'lls. Binary, I'm gonna have to ask again next time.

But yea, once I get the truck, I'd like some setup info. It'd be a good starting place, considering this truck is probably set to go beat up in the woods outof hte box.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Bria1

Attention all former DB MT posters ----New thread started

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_66...tm.htm#6611836

I got some MT pics uploaded. I'll get some truggy pics up and then start working on the vids.